PDA

View Full Version : hockey (different than you think!)

western_rider
01-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Hey!
I thought I'd tell you guys about some interesting games that my kitties have come up with over the past few weeks. Both Nicodemus and Tobias have invented their own version of hockey (or what I call hockey...though I suppose it's not really hockey... :))
Anyways, Tobias invented his this morning. He picks a piece of kibble out of his kibble dish and then chases it all over the floor. He probably spends two or three minutes chasing this one piece of kibble before he eats it. Then he goes back to the food dish and starts the whole process over again! :p
Nicodemus' version however is a little odder. She goes to the litter pan and selects a nice solid little piece of poop and then manages to fish it out of the litter pan and then proceeds to chase it all over the house! Whenever she looses that piece (generally under the couch or some corner where I wont find it for awhile!), she then goes back and selects another prime fecal piece and begins to chase it again!
Tobias' version is quite funny to watch...however, I dislike finding Nicodemus' pieces of poop lying around the apartment. So her game ends as soon as I catch her at it...and then the litter pan gets cleaned out so that she doesn't have any more "pucks"!
Anyways, I thought these games might give you a little laugh...even if the one is rather gross! :)
Randi

jenluckenbach
01-21-2004, 03:31 PM
And I bet the toys that cost you your hard earned money sit on the floor wondering why they aren't played with? :rolleyes: :D

western_rider
01-23-2004, 02:15 PM
you'd better believe it!! :p

CatDad
01-23-2004, 05:59 PM
I haven't had mine do that with thier food or 'thanks God' there poop. Although Bob will pick out a piece of food drop it next to the dish and eat it.

However, Joey will take just about anything and play what I call soccer. She bats it around and then goes for the score and bats it under something. It really looks like she is going to the shot sometimes.

You might want to enticing Nicodemus into using plastic bottle caps from water or pop bottles. Joey loves those. I am assuming she like them because they are free.:)

smokey the elder
01-24-2004, 07:30 AM
Poop pucks? Ew.:p

hippo
02-14-2004, 11:13 AM
My Cat and i (her name is Khloey) in the summer if were really warm, we go into the tiled kitchen an slide an ice cube in the floor she chases it all over the kitchen...-its really cute :)