PDA

View Full Version : How would you spend it??

Fox-Gal
01-21-2004, 01:48 AM
I recivied a late Christmas present in the mail today, it was a gift certificate from Petsmart, for $300. So I was wondering if you got a certificate how would you spend it?

My husband and I are thinking two different ways on this, of course and it got me thinking how would most people see this. As a chance to go a little crazy or no.

Would you do the sensible thing and buy what you know you'll need in time? Or would you consider it like found money and get those thing that you always wanted but don't really need?
What would you get if you could?

note to self, check spelling before posting poll!! Do is not spelled with a S. :o :o :mad:

PayItForward
01-21-2004, 02:21 AM
Easy come, easy go.

This money (voucher) is not in your budget, it has not been assigned to any particular future cost.

IMO enjoy your windfall and buy silly things with it :D

I would buy a new cat tree or several cat crinkle sacks and some new catnip plants, the last ones were eaten and maybe a new panic mouse, the last one just stopped - over worked I think. ;)

Cookiebaker
01-21-2004, 05:36 AM
I would do a 50/50, or a 40/60. Buy necessities with 40%, and then go hogwild for the 60%.

Sounds like there is going to be a *fun* trip to Petsmart in the very near future. :D

Tonya
01-21-2004, 07:13 AM
What an awesome gift! I would go 50/50 or so. I would buy a few things that I wouldn't normally buy for myself/the pets. Then I'd just use the rest for those everyday things as I needed them.

Dogz
01-21-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
I would do a 50/50, or a 40/60. Buy necessities with 40%, and then go hogwild for the 60%.

Sounds like there is going to be a *fun* trip to Petsmart in the very near future. :D

I agree!:D

jenluckenbach
01-21-2004, 08:13 AM
I assume I would do a little of both. Probably a lot of cat litter and then a piece of cat furniture or a tree.

stacwase
01-21-2004, 09:09 AM
I would say that in the future we would "need" a big new piece of cat furniture and some pretty new leather collars and leashes for the dogs, and some new toys and neat books. Yup - I would buy the stuff I "need" in the future with the whole darn j$300!

Felicia's Mom
01-21-2004, 09:15 AM
A little of both for me. A nice cat tree I can't afford to buy now.

I would use the rest of the money for cat food and litter.

Logan
01-21-2004, 09:22 AM
I think I would use it on things I want for my pets, but haven't broken down and purchased before because they were too expensive. A cat tree and a "gym" for my birds would be at the top of the list!!!! :)

wolfsoul
01-21-2004, 10:13 AM
I would try and get as many things as possible! :D That's probably one of my problems lol. I won't pick the most expensive thing; I'll pick the lest expensive things so I have more lol.

RICHARD
01-21-2004, 11:10 AM
I put it away for a rainy day.

Or severe depression......

whichever comes first.;)

jazzcat
01-21-2004, 12:05 PM
I'd do a little of both. I'd probably put $100 aside for needs - food, litter, ect. and the rest I'd use as mad money. I'd probably buy the cats a really nice cat tree.

Fox-Gal
01-21-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I put it away for a rainy day.

Or severe depression......

whichever comes first.;)

Putting it away for a rainy day might just cause depression. ;)

But I like you thinking.

Fox-Gal
01-21-2004, 03:44 PM
I love the fact that no one choise to do the sensible thing. :D

I'm looking forward to showing my husband this, he's all for the sensible thing. That takes all the fun out of shoping. ;)

One problem, There is no Petsmart near me!!! :( Next time my brother felling guilty about me, I hope he at least picks a store near me. I hate waiting for mail order and the online site won't take the certificate.

catland
01-21-2004, 04:00 PM
What a wonderful present. I'd do both, be practical and have some fun at the same time.

You could also buy bird feeders and seed. :) ...or buy a few things for a local shelter.:)

Uabassoon
01-21-2004, 05:47 PM
I say since it's a gift you should get yourself a gift with it. Get something that you really want but don't need then whatever is left over (if any :) ) use it to buy the things you really need.