PDA

View Full Version : i've been attacked by a fuzzy!!!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-20-2004, 07:43 PM
The joys of fostering the scooter bugs are finally pouring in... little purrs... pawsies... and watching them learn to trust me... but most of all the little CLAWSIES that come with the package... ;)

I think is safe to presume I have earned full trust of one of the fuzzies... (sorry no pictures... BUT ... I am charging my batteries now.. so tomorrow i'll take some)

I have named the brave fuzzy Sir Fuzz A Lot!!! For his bravery in battle with the hooman.. (thats me)

The other day i had a real breakthrough with him... he sniffed my hand and played with it...

BUT TODAY...

I was out in the garage and Sir Fuzz sniffed my hand and nibbled and PLAYED ... he would let me poke him in the side... and even rolled over and let me grab his little belly.... *BIG FAT HUGE GRIN* and completely trust me to pet him without even flinching.... he even started PURRING!!!!!!... and it seems like the other kitties see it and are trusting me more because of it...

so i was sitting there and Sir Fuzz GOT UP IN MY LAP and just sat there... all on his own.. so I sat real still... and then Sharkey climbed up my back.. almost half way then came around and SAT ON MY LAP TOO... then my precious little Purry Head came over and sat right in front of me... Even the two shy-est kitties were sitting real close and watching....

So as the story unfolds I have Sharkey batting at the hoomans hair while Sir Fuzz thoroughly grooms it's hands..... Suddenly Sir Fuzz notices how much fun Sharkey is having playing with the hoomans hair and sits up to take a bat at the hooman's bangs... and SLAP... four little clawsies right into the hooman's forehead...

It hurt.. but.... I was soooooo over happy that i was covered in little scooters that I COULD CARE LESS..... I AM SOOOO HAPPY!!

It was so much fun sitting and watching them play today... every day seems like i am making more progress... instead of little baby steps...

ANYWAY.. sorry so long.. but I am so excited

I was on Pet Finder today and found two no kill shelters really close to my house and am thinking about trying to volunteer over there....

:) :D :) :D :) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Congratulations on the progress, Sara! I'm sooo envious. Ooohhh to be covered in fuzzies. :D And I think you're right that the shy ones see what fun the others are having with you and they will probably be joining in soon.

Sharkey, Purr Head and Sir Fuzz A Lot - I love those names! :D

And it's great that you found some no-kill shelters near by. Hopefully they can help find homes for these sweeties, while still letting you foster them. Have you contacted them about this yet? Some of the ones I contacted when I had Eddie had me send his pic so they could post it on Petfinder for me.

Good luck and give all the fuzzies pets and scritchies from me - especially Momma Macy for being such a good mommy and bringing them all to you before they were too old. :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Have you contacted them about this yet?

No not yet... I found them today but came home right after work and passed out... so I am going to try and call them tomorrow..

Hopefully they can help find homes for these sweeties,

I hope they can and are not too full.... it is the road i want to take cause they say they screen applicants to make sure the kitties go to a good home FOR LIFE.. and that is real important to me... Espically for Macy... My heart just melts for her.. she really is they sweetest most PRECIOUS kitty I have ever met.. and she deserves better than the best!!!

give all the fuzzies pets and scritchies from me - especially Momma Macy for being such a good mommy

I can't help but smother her with scritches... she is my heart in the garage!!

AmberLee
01-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Terrific progress! So great.

kimlovescats
01-20-2004, 10:29 PM
Oh what wonderful news, Sara!!! WOW, they have come a long way, and it's no doubt with a cat mom like yourself! Can't wait to see those pics!!!:)

jazzcat
01-20-2004, 10:42 PM
This is wonderful news and I love the names you've given them!

Now if we can just get those pics.:D I need my kitty fix for the week!

cutie_chica
01-21-2004, 03:56 AM
Pictures :) So great that they are coming around :)

IttyBittyKitty
01-21-2004, 04:42 AM
I just love how you call them "scooter bugs" that is sooo sweet ... and you had better post pics real soon!

jenluckenbach
01-21-2004, 05:34 AM
I EXPECT PICTURES!!

What fun you must be having. :D :D

catcrazylady
01-21-2004, 05:56 AM
WONDERFUL!!! There is no other joy like the this. You work and work at it and then one day the believe you!! I'm so happy for you and I know you are having a ball with those babies!!
I hope you are able to get some help in rehoming these little adorable "scooter bugs "! I love that.
You have done a great job with them and Macy has been a wonderful mother. Can't wait for pictures!!

ramanth
01-21-2004, 08:49 AM
Excellent news Sara!! :D Sounds like you're making wonderful progress. Congrats!

Kona & Oreo's mom
01-21-2004, 09:39 AM
This is great news! You must be overjoyed--I would be. It's great that the shy ones watch the brave ones interact with you and realize that you're safe. How could anyone not see how intelligent animals are?

catlover4ever
01-21-2004, 10:13 AM
I can see the joy in your heart in reading your post. You must be so happy...I know I am happy for you. I can not wait to see pictures of these adorable little ones. Thanks for bringing a great big smile to my face today. :D