PDA

View Full Version : I have an essay due on the 25th - need your help -

CountryWolf07
01-20-2004, 03:45 PM
Ok I started my College Composition class today and it's my online course - and I picked this topic "Is fast food good or bad for Americans? Why?".. what do YOU think? I need help on this - need other people's views about this.. if it's good or bad for you. Thank you! :)

mugsy
01-20-2004, 03:55 PM
I would say that health wise, fast food is bad, although they are beginning to wise up and put healthier foods on the menus. As for convenience, they are perfect....just be careful how you eat. Now, understand you are talking to an overweight person, so take it in perspective.

Miss Meow
01-20-2004, 04:09 PM
I think modern society is blessed with food choice and availability.

However, now that we don't have to track, hunt, kill and grow our own food, it's too easy to choose calorie-laden foods with minimal nutritional value, so I'd lean towards 'bad'.

More than half of all Americans (I believe) are overweight and surely some of this can be attributed to regular fast food consumption and lack of exercise.

CountryWolf07
01-20-2004, 05:10 PM
Ok! Thanks everyone for the help! :D I appreciate it! If others wants to put their insights in this subject, please do. Thanks!

Nomilynn
01-20-2004, 11:19 PM
I'd say in general, fast food is bad for you. It's meant to be quick, easy and convenient - which is a bad combination. I think there is something to be said for having to "track" our food; it makes us much more conscious of what we are doing.