PDA

View Full Version : Non PetTalk Related Rant

shais_mom
01-20-2004, 01:46 PM
Sorry!!! Karen if you think this should go into DOG HOUSE, please move it.

I am just getting so frustrated with the world this week. Last week we had 3 incidents of breaking into our cars at work. The last time we scared them off before they got anywhere, they were checking car doors to see if they were locked.
I live in a small town, not saying its paradise (ha ha) but if it goes on here, I can't imagine a bigger city.
This past fall, the town I grew up in there were 3 kids that did $20,000 worth of damage to the middle school.
Over the weekend the daycare my cousin works at was broken into. ( A DAYCARE!!)
Then that nite her brother, who lives in Findlay (slightly bigger town, where dog park is and Cincy's mom and 4 dog mother are from), with a bunch of boys, he was upstairs doing homework, and his other roommates were downstairs playing computer games etc and 10 boys broke down the door and mugged them all and beat the crap out of them. Wes ( my cousin) came downstairs and they threw him against a table. After they called the police, they called my uncle and took him to the ER where he had to get staples in his head. My cousin had never hurt anyone before, and I don't think he had ever been in a fight. He is good kid working and going to school.
Thank God that is all that happened. But they think that due to the number of guys that broke in it was retalation thing b/c one of the roomates was dating an ex girlfriend of one of them.
Then thinking about Laura/Uabassoon's friend that was beaten. What is the world coming to? Why all the violence?
And stealing just drives me nuts anyway, b/c who ever gets the stuff stolen, worked hard to buy their belongings, what gives another person the right to think they have the right to take it?

**sigh**
well, I am off to work, hopefully it will get better from here!!!
Thanks for "listening."

aly
01-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Aw Staci, I hope you have a good day. Concentrate on the good and do what you can to fix the bad.

I will be thinking of you!

carole
01-20-2004, 02:15 PM
Staci unfortunately its a sad state of affairs the way our world is today, NZ is considered somewhat crime free compared with other countries, but believe me ITS NOT, our neighbours have had their car stolen twice, they always take the ones with nice stereos, they are hard-working young people who work their butt off to have these things and then some morons come along who can't be bothered getting off their backsides to work and steal it.

I remember my son went out with his friends clubbing last year, somehow he got separated, and a group of guys asked him for a cigarette, then they beat him up, for no reason whatsoever, just for the hell of it, he was lucky he nearly lost a tooth and was shaken, but ok, he learnt from that experience, and my lad is well built, not someone you would take on lightly, but then he was out-numbered, you can't even go out and have fun these days.

I don't know why we have so much violence in life today, some blame tv, video games, unemployment, the list goes on and on, I just wish it would all stop too!!!!!

I Sure understand you rant, and empathise with you.:)

luckies4me
01-20-2004, 02:24 PM
I know what you mean. I HATE people like that. I hope they get what's coming to them, and fast! :mad:

Laura's Babies
01-20-2004, 03:25 PM
That our world has come to. It was recently discovered that a Columbine like attack was planned at my grand daughters high school and the boys had it all planned, down to the cloths they would wear. I say AMERICA WAKE UP! Look what we are breeding in our children. Life is so cheap to them and has no meaning, take what you want no matter who worked hard to get it.

WE were taught, if you want it, GO TO WORK! Life is precious and you love your neighbors... if you don't, leave them alone! (My Aunt use to say, "Kill them with Kindness")

Kids today are to unsupervised and have to much free time on their hands.. Just my 2 cents worth.

catnapper
01-20-2004, 03:47 PM
I know what you are saying. I've lived in a fantasy world until I moved to Reading (lucky to be the one of the highest murder rates per capita in the country... yippie) We have a lot... and I mean a lot of gang related incidents here. There are at least 6 gangs in the city. My husband teaches in the city and has 6th graders joining them. We had a gang try to buy up a whole block of house less than two blocks from my house! Fortunately the locals stopped it before its happened.

One student had his father shot point blank this year. The father was dealing drugs. One of my kids' friend's father and brother were arrested for attempted murder during a drug deal. Its everywhere and darn scary. My house is beautiful but the value is plummeting because of all of this violence. I am very good about calling the cops - and even managed to help bust a house down the street that was a drug house because of my calls. Hey, when you walk a dog 3 times a day you start to see a pattern to strangers walking in and out of houses!;)

I don't know what we can do about it. My husband says its because the teachers are so tied to do anything. They see these kids starting to get into trouble early but yet can't correct them or get involved. He has students tell him point blank to go F himself and these kids don't get a detention once they're sent to the office - the parents scome ranting and raving in that somehow my husband has something against their kid - or that he's racist. Please! The kids are being brats! Who cares what color you are - if you're bad, you're bad and should pay the price in detention... but once they realize they won't get into trouble, it escalates and they become fearless until they start breaking the rules outside of school. If teachers won't cacth them, how are the overworked and underpaid police going to?

anna_66
01-20-2004, 05:06 PM
Staci, I'm sorry that your having such a bad time here lately. I do hope it gets better for you.
I'm also sorry to hear about your cousin, I hope he's doing ok.

Crikit
01-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Staci sorry to hear about your no good very bad day (can you tell I've worked in a bookstore for to long?) hopefully things got or will get better for you..just remember to think about things like raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens and so on and so on :D

Just remember this world is full of Karma and eventually everyone gets what's due to them.