PDA

View Full Version : Falling out of bed?

Ally Cat's Mommy
01-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Do any of your cats sleep so soundly that they roll over and fall off the bed?

Connor was snoozing next to me on the bed last night (Ally was on Daddy's side) - he rolled over and dissapeared!!

THUMP

MEOW!!!!

It was SO funny I had to laugh - which upset him even more and made him sulk!

He is NOT the brightest crayon in the box, I'm afraid.

Lerah021399
01-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Jack is a very sound sleeper as well. He has never fallen out of the bed before though. I have had to literally pick him up and move him out of the way in the middle of the night when he is sleeping w/ me because he won't wake up...he sleeps right up against me to the point that I can't move, so when I get uncomfortable, I have to pick him up and turn over and set him back down to get comfortable again.

catcrazylady
01-20-2004, 12:17 PM
ROFLOL!! That is too funny!! I just had the visual and it cracked me up!!
Sammy and I have a game that we play on the bed. When I'm straitening the covers he gets all excited. I reach out really fast like I'm going to grab him and he shoots straight up in the air. We were playing one time and I reached out, He jumped up but missed the bed coming down!! He hit the floor with a shocked look and I almost wet my pants laughing. All I saw was this cat go straight up in the air and then disappear!! He sulked too and wouldn't play that game with me for about a week!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

catlover4ever
01-20-2004, 12:25 PM
You all know that it is NOT polite to laugh at a cat......but I too have done that.

Abner and Tucker are both good sleepers and have managed to roll off of a chair but not the bed, and yes they both give you either a dirty look or a good sulking.

Uabassoon
01-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Tibby does that sometimes, I think it's kind of funny. Sometimes when I pet her she'll also roll off the bed.

Kirsten
01-20-2004, 12:35 PM
Ohhhh, poor Connor! :)

My RB Aysche used to sleep on the window sill and fell down a couple of times - but into the room of course.

Kirsten

catcrazylady
01-20-2004, 12:40 PM
Don't kitties lead us to believe that they are ever watchful and graceful? Fall??? A cat would never fall!! They all must have done these things on purpose!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif

catnapper
01-20-2004, 12:50 PM
Poor little baby!

Pouncer sleeps right between my husband and I. When he starts pushing US out of the bed, I'll pick him up and put him on my stomach... then slowly, he starts sliding off - either to the right and back between us, or to the left and THUMP onto the floor. Then he's still so sleepy that I reach down and pick up a stunned and dazed Pouncer.

I would have laughed too!

Felicia's Mom
01-20-2004, 01:38 PM
I saw Beau do that, and I was careful not to laugh at him.:D

kuhio98
01-20-2004, 01:41 PM
Yeppers! Miss Halo is famous for this. She always clings to the edge of everything -- bed, window seat, etc. Sooner or later she falls asleep and rolls over and splats on the floor. Never fails.

:rolleyes:

She's not too bright either. She's got an entire king size bed to sleep on and she sleeps on the edges. :D

jenluckenbach
01-20-2004, 01:53 PM
ALLY AND CONNOR WERE SLEEPING ON THE SAME BED!

does this mean there is a truce?

catcrazylady
01-20-2004, 01:56 PM
I wondered the same thing Jen, but I was afraid to ask??http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif

Barbara
01-20-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
ALLY AND CONNOR WERE SLEEPING ON THE SAME BED!

does this mean there is a truce?

That's what I thought too!!!!!

With Tigris in bed it is simply you who will fall out ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy

THUMP

MEOW!!!!

:D :D :D

Too funny! Neither T or P has ever fell off anything that I know of. They've both come mighty close though.
:D

Laura's Babies
01-20-2004, 09:34 PM
As Chester grew he had a problem realizing he had grown and he had many falls due to poor judgement in balance. This shot was taken just moments before he hit the floor.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/pd15a91d6518a60cbfa125286e47f1c6e/f9e0a1ce.jpg

shais_mom
01-21-2004, 12:34 AM
OH yea!!
Kylie has rolled off many a bed/couch and back of the couch!!!
it is tooo funny!!!

how are Ally and Connor getting along?

Vio&Juni
01-21-2004, 06:26 AM
Pichu falls of bed or chair so often :D, but he just pretends this is what he meant to do and walks like nothing happened :)

Sirrahsim
01-21-2004, 06:46 PM
hehe My RB Ernie did this once:) It scared the crap out of me at the time though! He was so sound asleep that he rolled off of the bed and just laid there, still sound asleep. For a moment I was worried that he was hurt so I scooped him up and started listening for a heartbeat. About 30 seconds later he woke up and blinked at me, giving me that "Mooooomm why'd you wake me??" look :D My silly little Ernie..

Vio&Juni
01-22-2004, 02:21 AM
Pichu just sliiiiiiiiides :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/pa8c95ee57e574c35032a3ce82cc2c055/f9dd9f13.jpg

This is him falling off my lap

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-22-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Vio&Juni
This is him falling off my lap
:D :D :D

Cataholic
01-22-2004, 11:03 AM
I too thought, "Ally and Connor on the SAME BED"?

Julie, is it too much to hope for? Have things changed? Please update us immediately!

And, first there is Pichu...all smushy and falling, then, there is Chester, looking like he is a mile long!

jazzcat
01-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I too thought, "Ally and Connor on the SAME BED"?

Julie, is it too much to hope for? Have things changed? Please update us immediately!

Yes, please let us know about this new development. It sounds so promising!!!!!!!!