PDA

View Full Version : What does your kittes do when you are away?

Laura's Babies
01-19-2004, 10:47 PM
My daughter found her Kitty Annie playing in the water, up to her little elbos! If you look closely you might see the water all over the floor. She cleaned it up, turned her back and Annie went back at it again!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p85dd8e9ee18f6f686814f5dc9256ed34/f9ecdd5b.jpg

catnapper
01-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Silly Annie... Pouncer says that its so much better to find water that contains fishies!

Annie, if you splash all of your water onto the floor, what will you drink?

krazyaboutkatz
01-19-2004, 11:20 PM
LOL My Sunny does this too.:D He's half Aby so I guess it's the Aby in him that makes him do it. I have to put both of their water bowls in clean litterboxes so he doesn't slosh water all over the place.:) Most of the time though, they sleep all day when I'm not home. At least that's what I think they do.;)

Barbara
01-20-2004, 02:57 AM
What my kitties do when I'm away: fighting the ugly rug monster in the bathroom, for example. Here's the picture of evidence:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p8639cc8743765a3faccc200775e25352/fc8c6f0a.jpg

IttyBittyKitty
01-20-2004, 03:37 AM
...and you don't want to see a photo of THAT, now do you?

catcrazylady
01-20-2004, 08:14 AM
After they knock over the silk tree and shove the oriental rug up under the couch they stick all twenty gazillion toy mice under the stove and make me get them all out when I get home from a hard day at work!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

HayleyRosie
01-20-2004, 08:17 AM
Mandy likes to tip over her water bowl. We don't know how she manages to do it but we always find water all over the floor and the water bowl upsidedown when we get home from work.

catlady1945
01-20-2004, 10:31 AM
Sleep!!! We have three senior cats.

gini
01-20-2004, 10:39 AM
1. Sleep on the dining room table (forbidden) if they get a chance.

2. Have major rug attacks.

3. I am convinced that they have a game called The War of the Mousies. There are always lots of mousies in different places all over the house.

catlover4ever
01-20-2004, 11:40 AM
Most of the time they sleep. I know this because they are all usually sleeping when I come home.

Occasionally I find that Mystic has eaten the plants and I have this beautiful wooden wagon that has dried flowers in it along with 3 ceramic kittens, the sign on the wagon says "Free Kittens". Well, I have come home to find that the dried flowers are all over the floor, down in the basement, and in the living room. I KNOW it is Mystic because I found dried flowers stuck to her chin one day and then the next day I caught her red handed.

All of their "bad behavior" they hold out until both daddy and I are home, that's when they attack the rug monster in the kitchen, chase each other through the house, knock over the house plants and just all out fight with each other.

Now my mom's cats on the other hand... we (my mom, grandmother, my husband and I) all went to Disney World 4 years ago. We were gone for 10 days and my mom had someone coming 3 times a day to check on her 8 cats. Everything was fine until the day we came home. We did not have the person come to the house that day as we were returning early enough. When they got home to the house, the cats had....

1. taken the drapes in the living room down
2. taken the phone off the hook
3. taken the curtains down in the kitchen
4. turned on the TV and were actually in front of it when mom returned home
5. taken a basket full of coupons and turned the basket over and distributed them through the house.
6. left a poop on the floor and in the bathroom tub
7. broken a picture
8. turned their dishes with food in them over and then squished it into the carpet
9. finally, they ignored my mom for 3 days.

Gosh, I'm so thankful those are not my cats. ;)

RICHARD
01-20-2004, 12:37 PM
I set up the video camera on slow speed and saw.....

The cat sleeping, the cat eating, sleeping, eating , taking a box break and then knocking the camera down.....

Uabassoon
01-20-2004, 12:54 PM
My two like to destroy as much as possible around the apartment, then when they are done with that depending on how long I have been gone Corkscrew will poo in the bathtub.

Laura's Babies
01-20-2004, 04:17 PM
These are killing me, they are tooooo fummy! Gizzy seems to be the most meddeling one I have but it is usually at night. She likes to get all my stuff off of the kitching sink and I find it anywhere. The green scrubby thingie is always the first she seems to grab.. Brillo pad with SOAP only once (reckon she didn't like the taste of that). Today I went to my daughter and she had gotten a hold to a paper towel and had it shredded. Chester is just to laid back to mess with anything. He curls up on his perch and sleeps all day.

Dog1,Cats2
01-20-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm pretty sure my 2 cats do a lot of sleeping while we're out - unless the doorbell rings or somebody knocks - then they're off like a shot!

You can literally see them burning rubber on the hardwood floor (kinda hard to get enough traction!), then bouncing off the walls as they turn the corners and one cat flys down the stairs into the basement and dives into a big stack of empty cardboard boxes left over from when we moved. The other cat flees in the opposite direction into the master bedroom and under the bed.

It's quite hysterical to see their reaction to someone at the door - I don't know why they developed such a crazy reaction!

http://images.snapfish.com/339785%3A%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D737%3D555 %3DXROQDF%3E232347385%3C9%3A%3Aot1lsi

RICHARD
01-20-2004, 04:24 PM
oh oh oh!!!!

If you know anyone with a night vision scope borrow it and watch the cat(s) while they move around at night.

If the scope has an infrared flashlight it makes their eyes look really spooky.

Harley
01-20-2004, 04:41 PM
Every day when I come home, there are several cabinet doors open in the kitchen and/or bathroom. Bo (or, as he is affectionately known as, Nosy Bosy) has obviously been busy sticking his nose when it doesn't belong. Several years ago, I went so far as to purchase child-proof door & drawer latches, but never installed them. I finally decided - WHY? I've seen Bo open the doors - he doesn't go crawling around in the cabinets. He just likes to open them! I'd hate to take away one of his joys in life. And I'm actually disappointed now if I don't find any doors to close when I get home!

jazzcat
01-20-2004, 04:54 PM
Ripley has always liked to paint with water. I keep a water bowl in the big window in the kitchen and he dips his paws in it and then paints all over the window. He doesn't do it as much as he used to but every once in a while he gets a Picasso moment.

Someone likes to slide on the throw rug in the entry way and someone also like to ride the back of the recliner down (only Ripley is heavy enough for that feat). Also, they all like to sleep on our bed while we are gone.