PDA

View Full Version : The most expensive tritip I've ever made. (Must see pics...)

Tonya
01-19-2004, 08:49 PM
Well, I bbq'd a tritip today right before Mike came home from work. I had it on a thick plastic tray with a fork thingy and knife. I busted Ron sniffing it, so I slipped the tray w/tritip into the oven to keep it from the cats.

Apparently Mike forgot. I woke up to an awful stench. According to Mike it was "Just the oven heating up, I'm making cookies." The pics speak for themselves. We're going to have to get a new oven. This will NEVER come off. (I wanted an oven anyways.)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid100/p56e16e44336b336c10f8905cf5d4cf17/f9e37891.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid100/pc9437e50b67f4a7d950e0ba7a1af2c42/f9e378a3.jpg

moosmom
01-19-2004, 08:53 PM
Tonya,

What is a tritip??

I always store stuff in my oven (great space saver). I have yet to forget to empty it out before pre-heating.

YOUR oven, however, looks like a pig slaughter!!!

Tell hubby next time he gets the urge to make something, let it be RESERVATIONS!!!! He owes you an over that not only cooks dinner, but cleans up after itself and pours you a brandy! ;)

Tonya
01-19-2004, 08:54 PM
I don't know exactly what tri-tip is. It's a hunk of cow that you BBQ. lol. Maybe someone else can answer that. All I know is it tastes great when it isn't cooked with plastic. :p

Lixx
01-19-2004, 09:19 PM
OOooo:( your pooor old oven. Well now there's no excuse to not get a new one. Maybe it was for the better??:rolleyes:

green_chameleon_girl
01-19-2004, 09:35 PM
:eek: I THOUGHT YOU MELTED A CONE!:eek:

Tonya
01-19-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by green_chameleon_girl
:eek: I THOUGHT YOU MELTED A CONE!:eek:

Well, I didn't want to tell you...It was an accident, I swear!

I paid Jeff (my brother) $10 to clean it. He says he can. lmao.

RICHARD
01-19-2004, 10:53 PM
it looked like it had mad cow disease anyway.

Not to be mean.......... but.....is there a closet you can hide in for a few weeks?

You need a vacation from the planet.
:(

convection ovens rock.

catnapper
01-19-2004, 11:36 PM
Hey, at least you'll get dinner out until the new oven comes!

My dear hubby did the same thing (almost) to the microwave... we have one of those big flat electric griddles to make pancakes or a lot of grilled sandwhiches, etc. One moring he was making pancakes and set up the griddle in front of the microwave... we started smelling this awful odor - he melted the whole front of the microwave! I don't know which was worse: the smell or the 4 letter words coming from his mouth (thank God the kids or I didn't do it ;) )

Have fun oven shopping!

Tonya
01-20-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Not to be mean.......... but.....is there a closet you can hide in for a few weeks?

You need a vacation from the planet.
:(

LMAO, Richard...This is all getting comical, isn't it. I'm to the point now where everything makes me laugh. I think I'm losing it. :D

trayi52
01-20-2004, 12:15 AM
So that used to be an oven and something to eat......Downer!

But you get a new oven don't you? Like Richard says about the convection oven, they are great. Of course mine is about 100 years old.

Did you say your hubby was making cookies????? Where do you find men that makes cookies, is what I want to know!

Willie

shais_mom
01-20-2004, 12:42 AM
what a mess!!!!!
I did that once to a bag of carmel corn!!
I have a gas stove so I don't store anything in the oven.
But thank God that is all is did!!

RICHARD
01-20-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Tonya
LMAO, Richard...This is all getting comical, isn't it. I'm to the point now where everything makes me laugh. I think I'm losing it. :D

You could make friends with Scott Peterson......:eek:

;)

CathyBogart
01-20-2004, 01:36 AM
Holy moly! Are you sure his name isn't Shanny and he doesn't hang out at the Rats Rule! Forums? 'Cause that's something Shanny would do!! *Chuckles* J/k of course...poor guy, and poor oven!

PayItForward
01-20-2004, 02:22 AM

;)
ROTFLMAO :D :D

Tonya
01-20-2004, 07:47 AM

;)

It's funny you say that because I had a dream the other night that I was sitting with Scott, appologizing for assuming he's guilty. lol.

ramanth
01-20-2004, 09:16 AM
I thought a cone had been murdered too! :eek: ;) :D

Glad you're getting a new oven. :)

K9soul
01-20-2004, 09:25 AM
Oh goodness...

Honest mistake though really. I don't think to check the oven before I turn it on :p. But it IS odd he didn't smell something burning himself!

David likes to make cookies and such on occasion too :D

gini
01-20-2004, 09:50 AM
Your poor oven, it looks as though it was "slimed."

Call Ghostbusters!

lovemyshiba
01-20-2004, 01:52 PM
What a great way to get a new oven!!!!!

I want a new refrigerator--Tonya, can you come over and do something to it so we are forced to replace it??;) ;) ;) :p

RICHARD
01-20-2004, 05:13 PM
It's funny you say that because I had a dream the other night that I was sitting with Scott, appologizing for assuming he's guilty. lol.

Now you are starting to scare me.

:eek:

What the heck, GO BUY A LOTTO TICKET....Your luck HAS to change......

Yeah that's what you need to do....GAMBLE!!!;)

-----------------------------------

http://www.q2ubbq.com/tri-tips.html

For inquiring minds....

Cinder & Smoke
01-20-2004, 06:38 PM
I don't know exactly what tri-tip is.
It's a hunk of cow that you BBQ. lol.

All I know is it tastes great when it
isn't cooked with plastic. :p

Dad wuz wunderin, too...

Read all about it!

Tri-Tip >>>

http://www.orbeef.org/New%20Tri-Tip.htm

Sounds kinda YUMMIE!
Now, iffin Dad jest knew How ta Cook... :rolleyes:

:D

RICHARD
01-20-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
Dad wuz wunderin, too...

Now, iffin Dad jest knew How ta Cook... :rolleyes:

:D

Just ask Dad to 'reverse engineer' a fire......

Find a tri tip, get a marinade recipe....

put it up overnight and toss it on the BBQ

It's a great piece of meat, If Dad likes medium/medium rare meat, no problem...

The secret is cooking it the way he likes it...
a thermometer helps....
And make sure he SHARES-that's the best part of Tri-tip!!

Fox-Gal
01-21-2004, 12:13 AM
And here I was thinking that when some potatoes exploded in mine was bad but, OMG I'll take a potato any day over that.

Still, what a great way to get a new oven!! :D Thanks for the idea, I need a new oven. ;)

Look at the bright side, you get to eat out and someone else is cleaning the mess. :)

green_chameleon_girl
01-21-2004, 04:34 PM
wait im confused!:confused: what it the orange stuff?? lol;)