PDA

View Full Version : Gigi's Ashes

Julie Grove
01-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Today I collected Gigi's ashes from the vets. It has been a long time coming but until today I could not face it. I met with our vet Patrick who was away when Gigi died, and he said that he believes Gigi did not die directly from the cancer but from breathing difficulites due to her lung function deteriorating. He thinks that the stress of yet another car ride to the vets contributed to the attack as this had always been a major source of stress for Gi and I knew the risks involved in every journey we made. Patrick believes that she did not have pain when she died but her distress was due to lack of oxygen which would have made her feel unwell and to keep fainting. That explains why she kept turning blue and collapsing. I am so glad to hear that it was not pain she was suffering. He also said that he was sad he was not here when Gigi died, because he had wanted to be there at the end for both Gigi and me, to see us through it.

Anyway, I now have Gigi on the kitchen window sill looking out over the garden where she loved to watch the world go by. There is a candle burning next to her. At last I have my little princess at home with me and Lucy where she belongs.

jenluckenbach
01-19-2004, 07:17 PM
Hopefully this will bring you peace.

slick
01-19-2004, 07:32 PM
That's great Julie, now Gigi will be watching over you from the RB and down here. What a nice vet you have and it must be so reassuring to know that Gigi passed peacefully without any pain. RIP little one.

krazyaboutkatz
01-19-2004, 10:55 PM
Julie,I'm glad to hear that Gigi wasn't in pain when she passed away. Now that her remains are home with you, she can watch over both you and Lucy. RIP sweet Gigi. Please say hi to my Pepper for me.