PDA

View Full Version : Do you use the word love much?

Tonya
01-19-2004, 05:02 PM
Ok, so I'm a bit bored. I am just curious. Everyone is a bit different on how they were brought up and what not.

Mike has never heard his parents tell him that they love him. Myself on the other hand, I was raised in a household where the word was used frequently. I tell my family and even my friends I love them almost everytime I talk to them.

I have one friend that has always been kind of different...really unaffectionate type. Well, for some reason even though we've been friends for years, I never told her that I loved her. (Even though I do with all my other friends.) Today, when we were hanging up after a phone converstation, I slipped and said "I love ya, bye..." It put her into shock. lol. She goes "I love you too, but don't be so damn cheesy." lmao.

Do you tell your friends and family that you love them? How often?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-19-2004, 05:06 PM
I tell my parents I love em every night. I have since I was a kid, they always say it back, so why not. And I tell em I love em if they or I are leaving. :)

I tell my bf I love him a lot... lol

Uabassoon
01-19-2004, 05:27 PM
Growing up my parents weren't the type to tell me that they loved me. But when I moved away for college my mom started telling me that she loved me and now everytime we talk on the phone she tells me she loves me. I tell most of my close friends that I love them, but I have a few friends who I know would be uncomfortable if I told them so I just figure that they know I love them and I don't need to tell them.

katienoonan
01-19-2004, 05:38 PM
I tell Rob(my fiance) my mom,my animals and my family members as well as his that I love them. I do love them though which is good, I can't stand it when people say I love you and don't mean it.

Dogz
01-19-2004, 05:58 PM
YES!
I say it to my pets all the time!:p

I also say it to my parents. Like Meg said, I have since I was a little kid.:)

slleipnir
01-19-2004, 06:01 PM
Yes lol. But really only to my mom/dad and my dogs. My dogs get it like 500000000000000 times a day if that counts ;) But yeah, ever since I was a kid I'd say "I love you" before going to bed or whatever..

catnapper
01-19-2004, 06:08 PM
I think I might die if my husband and I went to sleep without a kiss and a quick "I love you" and I tell the animals all the time how loved they are. Telling my teeagers is a bit trickier, but I slip it in occasionally!

andrea_NMAggie
01-19-2004, 06:17 PM
I make sure to tell my family that I love them every chance that I can get. I live half a country away from everyone, so I always want to make sure they know how much I care.

Foam
01-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Yes, constantly.

I have the best friends in the world, and I tell them I love them almost every day. I mean it too. :)
I tell my boyfriend that I love him, and I think I might..I've known him for about three years, and I've always liked him. :D

I tell Ozzy and Darlin I love them about..ten times a day. Lol! Before I leave for school, before I go to bed, anytime in between...hehe ;)
I don't really tell my family I love them except for my mom and 16 year old sister sometimes.

binka_nugget
01-19-2004, 07:13 PM
To my dogs, yes! Constantly!

To other people, rarely. We don't use that word in my family but I have said it to my boyfriend once or twice. :p

G.P.girl
01-19-2004, 07:17 PM
i tell everybody i love them. my girlfirends, my guy friends my parents, not my siblings:rolleyes: . i have very extreme emotions. i love stuff and i hate stuff...if that makes any sense:p

micki76
01-19-2004, 07:29 PM
I grew up the same as you, Tonya. I always tell everyone how much I love them. Yeah, it freaks some people out, but I still think they like it. Actually, the people that it freaks out the most are probably the ones that need to hear it the most.

G.P. girl, me too. ;)

neko1
01-19-2004, 07:38 PM
I tell my family, my husband, and my kitties as often as I can. I usually don't say it to friends, but I write it on every email I send them.

Lixx
01-19-2004, 07:43 PM
I say it to my friends, my fiance, and my pets. My parents and I don't really say it much.

apcrs5122
01-19-2004, 07:56 PM
I use it all the time too:) I say it to my friends, girls and guys:p, and my mom because that's the way I was raised;) And of course I say it to my pets about 1,000,000 times a day!

I sing Alex a 'bed time' song at night, and say I love you somewhere around every line... :o

dukedogsmom
01-19-2004, 08:10 PM
All the time! To Duke, of course :)

Uabassoon
01-19-2004, 08:13 PM
I forgot to add that I say it to my kitties all the time! As well as pretty much every other animal I meet.

Moose
01-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Josh and I tell each other all the time. I tell my parents each time I talk to them on the phone or am leaving their house to go back to school. I don't tell my brother or sister nearly enough, although I do tell my brother more often than my sister...we are closer in age, and just seem to talk about things a lot more. :)

I tell Moose each and everytime I see him :p