PDA

View Full Version : i was offered a dog today!!

tikeyas_mom
01-19-2004, 03:39 PM
my friend Brandi is moving to Alberta and her step mom, that she was staying with, has this lil pomeranian dog. he is like 6 years old and he is very over weight.
She doesnt care for him and he never gets walked. :(.
Her step mom said that i could take him for free!!! but i dont have the room, time, nor money.

what should i do? :(

katienoonan
01-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Well, if you lived closer to me I'd give it to my grandma. She LOVES poms!

You could call your friends and family and see if anyone would be interested in this sweetie pie.

Im sorry you cant keep him/her it sounds like a sweetie!

Tina
01-19-2004, 03:52 PM
Why can't see take the dog with her?

I really don't know what to tell you.

Aspen and Misty
01-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Give her names of Pom rescues or maybe the number of someone you know whos looking for a dog.

Ashley

tikeyas_mom
01-19-2004, 03:56 PM
well Brandi is moving back with her REAL mom and her STEP mom owns the Pom and doesnt have the energy to care for it any longer. :(..

I am looking up pom rescues on google. i havent found any near by though :(

primabella
01-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Well if you don't have either the time, room nor money, I really don't think you should take the pom in. Good luck checking up rescue groups. This might be a bad option but what about placing an ad in the paper for her?

tikeyas_mom
01-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by primabella
Well if you don't have either the time, room nor money, I really don't think you should take the pom in. Good luck checking up rescue groups. This might be a bad option but what about placing an ad in the paper for her?

Im not going to take her in. we are very happy right now with three dogs.
i feel sorry for the lilthing though :(

i dont think it would be appropriate to place news paper ads out without consent.

Tonya
01-19-2004, 04:13 PM
If he is house trained, give him to me! Pics?!

tikeyas_mom
01-19-2004, 04:14 PM
i dont have pics sorry :(

primabella
01-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
Im not going to take her in. we are very happy right now with three dogs.
i feel sorry for the lilthing though :(

i dont think it would be appropriate to place news paper ads out without consent.

Sorry, what do you mean, without consent?

tikeyas_mom
01-19-2004, 04:39 PM
well i thought youment post an add int he paper without her saying it is ok. i think she will only give upt he dog if it is to somone she knows. :o

katienoonan
01-19-2004, 04:40 PM
I think she means that she wants consent from the original owner before placing the ad.

tikeyas_mom
01-19-2004, 04:45 PM
that is what i ment.

BUT. the owner doesnt want an add placed out.

primabella
01-19-2004, 05:51 PM
Okay I understand now. I thought maybe the owners wouldn't mind. :)

binka_nugget
01-19-2004, 06:59 PM
I found a Pom rescue, here's their email: [email protected]

She's in Abbotsford though, I'm not sure how far that is from Westbank.

tikeyas_mom
01-19-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
I found a Pom rescue, here's their email: [email protected]

She's in Abbotsford though, I'm not sure how far that is from Westbank.

thats like 6 hours away

cali
01-19-2004, 09:54 PM
sounds familier lol friend of mone had an eski that they did not care for very well, he was always chanined up or outside etc.. everytime I talked to my friend or went to her house her dad offered sparky to me, same problem no money or room for another right now. I have no idea what you should do, but I pray that the little guy finds a good home! maybe you will get lucky and the dog ends up in a loving home right near you! sparky ended up with my friends uncle, directly across the street from me.