PDA

View Full Version : Cat Owner Abuse.

RICHARD
01-19-2004, 01:55 PM
I am being abused by my cat..

People have recently noticed that I have scratches on my arms from handling my cat...

When I try to remove him from in front of my Mom's fireplace, to go home, he gets really pissy and gives me a good swat......

I find my self lying to people and telling them I was picking fruit or doing someother 'dangerous' job in order to keep them from thinking my little boy is a heat hogging pig, with no respect for his father's wishes......"come on Eddie, we are going home.....Eddie......EDDIE........"

I have already tried gloves...He just attacks my shirt and pulls thread out or scratches my chest!

What can I do?

:eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

rg_girlca
01-19-2004, 02:05 PM
I would definitely call the, Cat owner Abuse hotline if I were you.
The number is 1-800-CAT-C.T.I.A. (Can't Take It Anymore).

You can remain anonymous. Let us know what they suggest.

slick
01-19-2004, 02:06 PM
Richard, Richard, don't you know that the best way is to tell them what they want to hear??? Give them a good story.

Tell them that her name was Bambee (with 2 e's) and she got angry because you wouldn't make her breakfast.... :D :D then end the story with "you should see the scratches on my back!!":eek:

trayi52
01-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Great idea slick! Just tell them they should see you back!! LOL.

Maybe you should wear a body glove! You need to practice safe cat handling....:p

Barbara
01-19-2004, 02:12 PM
Reminds me of a co-worker. Poor guy lost his cats after he left their mother. One day I asked him: Do you have cats again? He said: a human cat......

I said: Oh, I only thought. Your arms....

He: You should see my belly.

slick
01-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Maybe you should wear a body glove! You need to practice safe cat handling....:p
I think you can get those at your local medical clinic :D :D

Barbara: LMAO :D :D

trayi52
01-19-2004, 02:48 PM
Well if they had them on the movie Naked Gun, Wait that wasn't a glove! Oops!;)

RICHARD
01-19-2004, 04:14 PM
I said CAT abuse, not woman abuse....

pay attention, team....;)

catnapper
01-19-2004, 04:19 PM
Have you tried to tell him that you'll just leave him there and that would be the end of all those wild nights you two share? No bachelor in his right mind could turn that down!;)

Miss Meow
01-19-2004, 05:24 PM
You need a heated carrier to take him home, and a fireplace of your own so he doesn't experience any variations in temperature. Otherwise, keep stocking up on your first aid kit! ;)

sirrahbed
01-19-2004, 06:05 PM
oh my - when I see either "RICHARD" or "slick" on a post...I KNOW it will be something....uh...er....um...original!!:rolleyes: :D

RICHARD
01-19-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
I would definitely call the, Cat owner Abuse hotline if I were you.
The number is 1-800-CAT-C.T.I.A. (Can't Take It Anymore).

You can remain anonymous. Let us know what they suggest.

They laughed and told me to 'Cowboy Up'......

Then hung up on me...:rolleyes:

rg_girlca
01-19-2004, 07:24 PM
ROTFLMAO
:D :D :D :D

trayi52
01-19-2004, 07:42 PM
You know what Richard, if you were being abused by us women, they would laugh about that too! No joke that is sad!

Willie

G.P.girl
01-19-2004, 07:55 PM
You wanna know what i think?
i think you should ground him! no more of those crazy parties adn absolutly NO MORE DATES! that's all he needs. mabye confine him to his room for a couple of days. of take away his cell phone..or deny him internet acess...or you could cut his allowance..that always works:rolleyes: :p

AvaJoy
01-19-2004, 09:19 PM
If he puts up such a fuss when it is time to leave your Mother's fireplace, either leave him for her to keep since he seems to like it there so much, or don't take him to visit her anymore, explaining to him that this is what GROUNDED means for kitties that behave inappropriately.

Be sure you are stocked with plenty of bandages and gauze before laying down the law. Denying a cat fireplace privileges is risky business! :p

CatDad
01-19-2004, 09:29 PM
ROTFL:D:D:D:D

I know that is not nice to make fun of such a terrible situation.

I think you either put up with it, or lay down the law. I hope you have good medical insurance.

Barbara
01-20-2004, 03:04 AM
I only wanted to suggest that your co-workers might look at each other, shaking their heads sadly, when you said: It was my cat.....

IttyBittyKitty
01-20-2004, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
oh my - when I see either "RICHARD" or "slick" on a post...I KNOW it will be something....uh...er....um...original!!:rolleyes: :D

Er...yes, that's one way of putting it.

I'd like to report my own case. Randi keeps stealing my PILLOW at night, the little brat! (Weeell, not so little now)

Vio&Juni
01-20-2004, 03:47 AM
Richard, get you own fireplace and stop whineing!

Pam
01-20-2004, 06:22 AM
I think you and Eddie might need a little vacation from each other. Have you thought of sending him on Fister's cruise? Basking on the deck of that luxurious cruise ship would offer him the cozy warmth that he is craving and, to be honest, some fun time with the girl kitties might just add an extra dimension to his life. :o ;) At least it would give your arms time to heal. :)

kimlovescats
01-20-2004, 06:26 AM
Don't take him to grandma's next time .... OR ... trim his claws first? :eek:

RICHARD
01-20-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
I only wanted to suggest that your co-workers might look at each other, shaking their heads sadly, when you said: It was my cat.....

lol,
Now you see why I NEED to lie...

I do have insurance (I work in a hospital:rolleyes: )

Trying to clip his nails is like trying to climb over barbed wired......NAKED......:eek:

trayi52
01-20-2004, 01:23 PM
Now you have gone to far Richard! You want us to all be sitting around imagining you naked now??;)

catcrazylady
01-20-2004, 01:24 PM
You know Richard they might not think you are all that strange. Sammy sent my hubby to the hospital needing 7 stitches. The ER nurse asked hubby what happened...he said "My cat did it"...She said "Really!, your the second one tonight!!"

true story!

RICHARD
01-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
You know Richard they might not think you are all that strange. Sammy sent my hubby to the hospital needing 7 stitches.

Ed will grab on to my arm and hold on...sometimes I roughhouse with him and he knows he could seriously slice me up. Most of the wounds are pretty superficial.....so I just have to blame myself.......

lol,

Two cat scratch victims in one day?? ER nurses LOVE stuff like that!

;)

Tray,

That's it...no more visuals for you!

And what kind of recipes can you use GROUNDED KITTY in?:eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :p

catcrazylady
01-20-2004, 02:01 PM
Two cat scratch victims in one day?? ER nurses LOVE stuff like that!

Well Richard these weren't exactly cat scratches! These were cat attacks!! Hubby was sliced to the bone in that meaty part of your hand right below the thumb and had a punctured vein on top of his hand. They said the other guy looked worse!!
I don't know what position the moon was in that night but I hope it never happens again!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif