PDA

View Full Version : Ut-oh... what did he just eat?

catnapper
01-18-2004, 06:04 PM
We had snow today and my husband decided a good pot of chili would warm everybody up... apparently Pouncer thought that included him because while we were eating off plates, he was in the kitchen eating out of the pot! *sigh*

This cannot be good for him... and last night he had an upset tummy and vomited on the bedroom carpet (ohhh, stinky stuff!) That was the first time he's ever had "uppies" and I heard his tummy rumble afterwards. Ten mintues later, he was back to normal and Pouncing all over us while we tried to go back to sleep.

I'm going to re-name him "goat-cat" because he eats everything! :rolleyes:

Kirsten
01-18-2004, 06:09 PM
I can't believe it, it's another thing Pouncer and Lily have in common! :) She would eat almost everything if I would let her. But so far, she never got sick after that!

Lily feels very sorry for Pouncer btw that he has upset his stomach last night! She hopes he's feeling better now!

Kirsten

jenluckenbach
01-18-2004, 06:46 PM
Pouncer just keeps me laughing.
He should be voted NAW-TEE-KAT of the year!

RedHedd
01-18-2004, 10:59 PM
You got me laughing - cats eating chili! Did you have to administer Beano? :D

bisi.cat
01-19-2004, 01:38 AM
heehee...some like it hot!!!
Pouncer, you always make me laugh!!!

bisi.cat
01-19-2004, 01:47 AM
Oh catnapper...regarding Pouncer's strange eating habits, it could be even worse:

NoahsMommy
01-19-2004, 03:46 AM
Oh no!!! Silly kitty!

I hope he's feeling better now.

bisi.cat....ha ha!! That is too funny!!! :D

Vio&Juni
01-19-2004, 08:28 AM
Strange eating habits! Well known here :) Juni's mom - Naomi was a vegetarian :D, really, she wouldn't eat meat and when her "hubby" - Vasea cought a bird she was mad at him for a week. Her favorites were cucumbers and tomatoes, but she would eat any vegetable.
I also had a cat in the University that LOVED beans - one friend suggested once that he might have worms, cause his tummy was so big. Nope, just beans :D

sirrahbed
01-19-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Pouncer just keeps me laughing.
He should be voted NAW-TEE-KAT of the year!

THIS is funny, Jen!! I open theads about Pouncer now and wonder - uh oh, what has he done now??;) What an adorable NAW-TEE-KAT!!:D :D

PS I think he is in competition with my NAW-TEE grandkitty Pickles. First he ate Nebbie the betta. (Since replaced with SUSHI the new betta) and then he ate George the mouse! Mice and fish and budgie are now in new higher locations.

amoore
01-19-2004, 08:37 AM
Oh my get the beano! LOL! Is Pouncer still ok today?

Bisi Cat, That sounds like Jojo! She will eat anything!

Sunny and Loverboy likes samples but don't seem to want our foods.

catlover4ever
01-19-2004, 08:38 AM
Oh Pouncer, you really should stay away from the hot and spicy...you NAW-TEE-KITTY...just wait until you have to go to the bathroom.....just a warning.....it may be hot and spicy. ;) ;) :rolleyes:

sirrahbed
01-19-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by catlover4ever
you NAW-TEE-KITTY...just wait until you have to go to the bathroom.....just a warning.....it may be hot and spicy. ;) ;) :rolleyes:

ROFLOL....haven't you ever heard "what burns going in...burns coming out???" Poor Pouncer - hope the chili was NOT too hot and spicy!!

catnapper
01-19-2004, 08:46 AM
I'm so honored that you think Pouncer's so funny! Its only because I'm home all the time that I get to witness every blessed thing he does! Or is it that he's really the kitty version of Dennis the Menace?

I'm glad to report that he had no ill effects from eating the chili... he must not have gotten too much... but I haven't checked the litter box in the basement yet - hooo-weee, I might find something interesting down there!

catcrazylady
01-19-2004, 08:52 AM
ROFLMAO!! The things they get into!! Pouncer I do believe you and Leroy could be the best of buddies!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Barbara
01-19-2004, 09:20 AM
Filou is like that.
When he was a baby he scared me terribly when he started heavy breathing, all his little body was shaking. And of course Saturday night. It became better slowly so I decided to wait until the next morning before I got to the vet.

Then I found what he had eaten: a chili which I had been cooking with the Bolognese sauce but had put out before serving. It had been on the kitchen counter!

Ok he survived without any problems, didn't need a vet and can still be found in the kitchen eating spicy Indian or Tex Mex food out of the pot:rolleyes:

Pouncer got a very good name for him :D

sasvermont
01-19-2004, 09:25 AM
Juni will eat anything too. Last night she was eating the rabbit's lettuce. She eats pellets, people food, you name it, she eats it!
She drives me wild in the kitchen, always in my face when I am preparing food. Her new name is "Juni get down"....

SAS

catnapper
01-19-2004, 09:59 AM
I went to scoop boxes and as I walked into the bathrom, I found Pouncer starddling the toilet seat... was he trying to hide the evidence?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid100/p14ddc0b1be5b2c967de987615aefe07e/f9e51f3f.jpg

sirrahbed
01-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Guess the chili required a more efficient removal device??:D
Oh Pouncer!! You keeps us in stitches here!!!:D :D

jenluckenbach
01-19-2004, 10:20 AM
LOL :D

catcrazylady
01-19-2004, 10:34 AM
ROFLMAO AGAIN!!! http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif