PDA

View Full Version : Bad dreams about your cats

Kirsten
01-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Does anyone of you have bad dreams about your cats sometimes?

I had one about Lily last night, a real nightmare. In that dream, she was hunting an insect and got really wild, and she almost "flew" across the room and hit the corner of the cabinet very very hard, then she fell down. She was alive when she landed and first I thought she was okay, but after a while, her belly looked like a balloon, and I knew she was bleeding inside and was going to die... then I woke up.

Pretty scary stuff, which makes it obvious how much I'm worrying about my cats' health and safety. A while ago, I have dreamt Luna would have fallen out of the window! :(

Kirsten

jazzcat
01-18-2004, 12:50 PM
I don't believe I ever have but now that it's in my mind I probably will.

Sorry you had such a bad dream.:(

jenluckenbach
01-18-2004, 01:28 PM
I have. Usually they are lost in those dreams. Sometimes even worse. I am glad I can't remember any right now.

Randi
01-18-2004, 02:36 PM
No, luckily I haven't had any bad dreams about Fister, but I'm sure he has nighmares now and again. :( He sometimes jump a meter up and yowls - and we nearly get a heart attack.

slick
01-18-2004, 02:55 PM
I have not had any bad dreams about my cats at all. Guess that's a good sign??????

catnapper
01-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Sorry you had that awful dream! Nightmares leave you feeling lost. I wake up freezing - no matter how many blankets cover me - and it takes a few minutes to realize I'm awake.

Laura's Babies
01-18-2004, 04:01 PM
As some of you know I have to leave my babies when I go off to work for 28 days at a time. While I do not have bad dreams about them while I am seperated from them, I have such realistic dreams of us cuddeling and loving while I am gone, that when I wake up, I feel like it was a real visit. (Thank God, I do that ofter too) I miss them SO much when I am away from them!

stacwase
01-18-2004, 05:33 PM
This is so wierd! I just had a nightmare about Toby last night! Well - it was sort of a nightmare and sort of funny. I dreamed he rolled over on his back for me to pet him, like he always does, and I noticed he had big, milk-filled teets! So I took him to the vet and said "how could he be pregnant? He's a neutered male!" Then she said "No - this is a female cat" and we figured out that we had brought home the wrong kitten from the vet four years ago when we had him neutered. So we were going to be stuck with a bunch of kittens and I felt like such a bad mommy for letting him get pregnant.

Kirsten
01-18-2004, 05:41 PM
Ahhh, Poor Fister! I wonder what kind of nightmare he has! :eek:

@Laura: These dreams make it so obvious how much you must have missed them! But it sounds like a great comfort while you've been seperated!

@stacwase: I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laughing about that weird dream! Scary, of course, but also really funny! :)

Kirsten

catcrazylady
01-18-2004, 05:53 PM
I don't think I have ever had a nightmare about anything happening to my cats but I do have bad thoughts and sometimes dreams about something happening to me. I wake up in fear of what will happen to all my furbabies if I were to die. Nobody is going to take on nine cats! Nobody would know which ones need to stay together and why. Nobody would know their wierd little habits and how to get them to trust and love another person. Nobody would know how each one likes to be held, and which ones don't want to be held at all. Nobody else knows about Peanut Butter hugs, Pervy belly rubs, Sammy's serious need for warmth, Pepper Jacks skittish behavior and how to work with him, Pete's wierd way of being held and loved, Maggie Sue's attitude, Stubby's love of being rubbed with a towel, Lucky's inability to do things like other kitties. The only one that I don't worry about is Leroy because he is sooooo loveable that anyone would enjoy is company as long as they tolerated his nawtee kitty routine! I guess I am obssesed about them!!

Kirsten: You really did have a bad nightmare! Your post made me realize just how much I too worry about my furballs!

Stacwase: What did you eat before you went to bed??!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Kirsten
01-18-2004, 06:06 PM
catcrazylady, I'm also sometimes worrying about these things, so I can understand your fear very well.

It's not only the thought that I may die, I'm also worrying about losing my apartment in a couple of months and being forced to move back into a tiny single-room apartment (since I'm still unemployed and will be running out of unemployment money in May, I think this could happen). In that case - and the thought of that is worse than the most horrible nightmare - I would have to give my cats away. :( I cannot even stand to think about that, that would leave me heartbroken because I would lose the most precious thing in my life). It would mean they would have to be seperated because Lily would be taken back by her previous humans, but who would take Luna, a cat with litter box problems and the need to be on diet food all her life? I know so many people who don't have any tolerance when it comes to litter box accidents, and I know it takes a lot of patience and love to deal with Luna's little problem. I even think it would be better for her to take her with me into such a small apartment than giving her to the shelter or to people who would give her away as soon as she pees or poops on the floor. But Lily is a wild little thing with a lot of kitten energy, and it would be such a punishment for her to live in such a small place. On the other hand, it would be terrible for Lily to be seperated from Luna, because she really loves and adores her.

These are the things that are giving me sleepless nights for a while now... :(

Kirsten

kimlovescats
01-18-2004, 06:10 PM
No wonder you are having nightmares, Kristen!!! With all you have to figure out! I pray that you will be able to find a job soon, and be able to keep your current home .... complete with your babies!!!!!;)

Kirsten
01-18-2004, 06:15 PM
Thank you! :)

I can really tell you it's my biggest wish to find a way to keep my girls!!! (and my home, I just moved in here one year ago)

Kirsten

catcrazylady
01-18-2004, 06:22 PM
Well Kirsten Bless your heart! I'm surprised that you don't have more nightmares than you do! I'm so sorry you are in that position. I can't imagine Luna and Lily being seperated! That would be horrible! It's so clear to see in every picture just how much they love each other. I think I would take them both to a small apartment and just look at it as a temporary situation. I hope it doesn't come to that but I couldn't give them up either!
God Bless Kirsten and you will be in my prayers that you find a job soon!

Kirsten
01-18-2004, 06:32 PM
Thanks!

It's really a horrible situation - especially since it has been caused by somebody I considered to be one of my best friends. But when we started working for the same company, she spread horrible lies about me behind my back and the entire situation got so worse that it resulted into the job loss. So all the worrying about my existence is also accompanied by the huge disappointment about having been betrayed by someone I've trusted. You can tell 2003 has been a horrible year for me.

But I could never give up my girls! Even looking at them now sometimes breaks my heart. I know they trust me and to them, I'm the one person who gives them a good life and a lot of love. And I want that to be for them for the rest of their lives!

Kirsten

Harley
01-18-2004, 07:13 PM
Just a week or so ago I dreamed that my house had been broken into (something I dream about occasionally since I've actually been robbed twice - not a pleasant experience). In my dream, not only had I been cleaned out, but my little gray and white girl, Jazz, had been abused by the thieves - kicked, hit, whatever. She was injured, dirty, bleeding, etc. I was so relieved to wake up and realize that Jazz was sleeping on my legs, as usual.

My other two cats are stranger-shy and if anyone did break into my home again, I know that they would be hiding somewhere and never seen. But Jazz would probably be at the door, welcoming anyone who walked in and would be at the mercy of people with evil hearts. Fortunately, I have a security system now so the chances of my dream coming true are low.

catnapper
01-18-2004, 07:52 PM
Kirsten, we have an awful lot in common... two silly kitties and unemployment! I too worked for a company where people were underminding everything I did in order to save their own job. It amazes me that I let it happen and that this person still has a job - since after I left, mistakes that were supposed to be my fault continued to happen and there was no longer someone to pin blame on! LOL.:D

But trust me, things will get better. Right now, my husband and I are really struggling with bills ... struggling ain't the word... more like drowning! But I am soooo much happier now than I was right before my layoff. I am finally doing what I've always really wanted to do. And the best thing? No more stress! I set my schedule and nobody asks me "what are you working on?" Ugh, I hated that question!

Is there something that you can do to freelance and go into business yourself? I don't know how easy it is to open a business in Germany... I'm assuming a personal business would be somewhat easy to start. You'll find something I can just tell!

Kirsten
01-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Oh Harley, that's a bad dream indeed! But it doesn't surprise me you're dreaming about these things when you've already been robbed twice! :( I'm sorry this had happened to you!

catnapper, I'm sorry to hear you have also lost your job, and the circumstances under which you've lost it sound awful! You're right, being rid of that is one of the few good things about it, the other is to have a lot of time to be with the kitties... but of course it can't be a permanent situation! I guess I am even lucky because so far, I was able to pay my bills, but the day will come when this will change... :(
Actually I was already thinking about starting my own business, maybe something like a typist service for doctors. This would be something I could do at home, with my own computer, and I wouldn't have to rent any office rooms. But the economy in Germany has reached a very low point. Many many people have lost their jobs, and since we've got the Euro, everything has gotten so expensive. The timing of losing my job was really bad!

Anyway, I wish you luck and hope you'll soon find a job you like!

Kirsten

Amber
01-19-2004, 01:08 PM
I have dreems about maggie and my dog. I always have dreams that they are dieing or something, and I wake up with tears in my eyes, and until I realize the are their beside me. It scares me.

Julie Grove
01-21-2004, 07:54 AM
Reading these posts today really makes me feel like crying - and that wouldn't do as I am at work! When Gigi was diagnosed with cancer I dreamed about her almost nightly right up until the time she died. They were always terrible dreams about her dying and me trying to save her - giving her the kiss of life, running through the forest searching for her and being unable to find her, and locking myself away in a room with her thinking that if nothing or no-one touched us and if I loved her enough we would live forever. It is too painful for me to remember them. Since she died I have only dreamed of her once - I could hear her scratching at the door to come in but when I opened it she wasn't there.

To everyone who is fearful that they may have to part with their cats due to outside circumstances - please don't. Take them with you. You may all have to face a tough time but it will only be temporary and your little ones need you. There IS a way!

Kirsten
01-22-2004, 02:33 PM
Amber, these are really awful dreams about your dog, what a relief it must be to wake up and have him next to you!

Oh Julie, it's heartbreaking to read about that! I'm so sorry you have lost your Gigi that way, and these dreams make it so obvious what a horrible time it has been for you. I'm so sorry!

Kirsten