PDA

View Full Version : Cute doggy I met at work today....

Tonya
01-17-2004, 08:41 PM
Today, I was working on a dairy farm. (Repairing the phone lines.) The telephone pole was in a pasture. There was this calf-cow there....Not real young, but not full grown. When I pulled up, it ran over to my truck like a dog would. Then it chased my truck until it stopped. When I got out, the cow was wagging it's tail and excited to see me. I was thinking "Wow, this cow acts like a dog." I pet it a bit and then went to work...

Then, when I got down, this little C-U-T-E fluffy australian shepard-queensland pup came running up. I'd guess he was four months old. He was so adorable. Just a big ball of fur.

Then, after I drove my truck back up to the house, the pup and cow ran along side, following me. So, when I got out and talked to the farmer, I mentioned his cute puppy and "dog-like" cow. He explained that he had move the calf when he got old enough into his own pasture because he was afraid the pup would get trampled by the other cows...You see, the pup and cow are inseperable. They sleep together, play together, etc...The pup's name was Joseph. The cow didn't have a name, but it was a black and white spotted young thing.

I thought it was really cool. The pup was so adorable. AND I've never seen a cow so outgoing and friendly. It was cool to see them run along side eachother, chasing my truck to greet me.

Things like this make my job worthwhile.

lizbud
01-17-2004, 09:10 PM
What a cute story.:) I swear, you're gonna have to start
carrying a digi cam with you so you can show pics too.:D

K9soul
01-17-2004, 11:14 PM
Oh how cute! Sounds like something you'd read out of the James Herriot books :)