PDA

View Full Version : Mango & breathing problems that I didn't know about.

kingrattus
01-17-2004, 07:58 PM
HE'S ALL BETTER NOW!!!!!

But I feel bad for not noticing earlier.

I have no idea how long he has been lacking air. Hes just so active when I'm in here. Hes attacking the class objects & trying to just eat me alive.

Well lastnight I was in a good mood to relax, for the first time in MONTHS. I left Mango's tank light on while I hid in my covers & just watched him do what he does when I'm not around.

While I was watching him I noticed that when he was still he had his gills all the way out & was opening his mouth all the way open for every breath. Another thing I noticed was that he slept beside the bubble makers & he was hanging around it a little too much when he was awake.

So today I dug out my 15 year old waterfall filter & hooked it up to the back of his tank. I left all the filter stuff out (foam, etc.), so all its doing is creating LOTS & LOTS of bubbles.

Well let me tell u, I don't think I've ever seen him so happy before. He was playing in the bubbles, relaxing in the bubbles & goofing off in the tank.

I can no longer see his gills & his mouth is hardly open at all (just enough so water can pass through). He's less agressing, & seems like he doesn't want to kill me every second of the day.

I love my fish sooo much, & I'm sooo happy I noticed something was wrong. & Boy am I happy I got this new tank & lid (light inside it) so I could take the time to really watch him.

Ok I lied, he trying to kill the heater, hmmmm, well maybe the aggression has returned hehehehe, at least he hasn't splashed water on my today :)