PDA

View Full Version : Best love songs?

Moose
01-17-2004, 03:34 PM
I wanted to make Josh a CD for Valentine's Day with all the "great" love songs from the past few years. Any ideas???

dukedogsmom
01-17-2004, 03:37 PM
Don't put this one on there. It's just my sentiment on love and Valentine's day. Love Stinks by J Geils Band. Oops. That's from the 80's anyway. This is an old one and I normally don't like Michael Jackson but I think the name of it is You Are Not Alone. Something like that. I love that song.

Moose
01-17-2004, 03:38 PM
lol Val. :p

CountryWolf07
01-17-2004, 03:45 PM
I would say..

"Because of your Love" - Kenny Chesney
"To Make you Feel my Love" - Garth Brooks

I'll think of more.. country has the BEST love songs around..

guster girl
01-17-2004, 07:02 PM
I think "Angel Flying too Close to the Ground" by Willie Nelson is a good testament to love. And, Coldplay has some pretty good love songs. And, "Stellar" by Incubus. How about Dave Matthews Band...I can't remember if this is the exact title...but, the lyrics are something like "where you go, is where I belong". Just a couple ideas. I'll post more when I think of them. :)

guster girl
01-17-2004, 07:24 PM
Ok, I can't believe this wasn't the first one that popped into my head, but, it's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. There are several versions of it, but, I think the best one is by Etta James...."At Last". That's a love song!

Nomilynn
01-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Here is a link that I found REALLY helpful when I was making a video for a friend's wedding. You can read the lyrics and see if it says what you want, then download the song to see if you like the sound of it.

Hope this helps :)

http://www.romantic-lyrics.com/romanticlyrics.shtml

guster girl
01-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Of course, you can go for obvious choices, too, like Unchained Melody. My boyfriend suggested "In my Life" by the Beatles, I like "8 Days a Week" myself! And, he also recommended Eric Clapton's "You Look Wonderful Tonight". I've got more in my head, too.....oh! I like No Doubt's "Underneath it All"....are you looking for slow, soft romantic love songs? Or for a variety? Different stuff? The obvious choices? Just wondering what kind of overall feeling you were wanting to convey! :)

Aspen and Misty
01-17-2004, 09:33 PM
Josh Groban- When you say you love me! Best love song I've heard in a long time!!

Here is a link to the lyrics- http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/joshgroban/whenyousayyouloveme.html

Ashley

Moose
01-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Thanks guys, those are all great! :D

I don't care if they are slower or whatever, variety is fine. :)

wolf_Q
01-17-2004, 09:43 PM
All I want is you--U2 Of course, I'm a U2 freak. :D

Desert Arabian
01-17-2004, 11:09 PM
"Forever and Ever, Amen" by Randy Travis. Seriosuly, really good song, IMO.

countrycowgirl
01-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07
I would say..

"Because of your Love" - Kenny Chesney
"To Make you Feel my Love" - Garth Brooks

I'll think of more.. country has the BEST love songs around..

I TOTALLY AGREE COUNTRY HAS THE BEST LOVE SONGS EVER I LOVE THAT SONG BY GARTH BROOKS AND A PERSONAL FAVORATE OF MINE I"I MELT" BY RASCAL FLATTS:D :D ;) :p

PepperRSM
01-18-2004, 05:10 AM
how about "I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song" by Jim Croce. I like that one. It has a nice tune :)

Cincy'sMom
01-18-2004, 08:31 AM
At our wedding we used "With This Ring" Sawyer Brown and "Kiss to Build a Dream on" by Louis Armstrong.

mugsy
01-18-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
"Forever and Ever, Amen" by Randy Travis. Seriosuly, really good song, IMO.

That's an awesome song!!

How about "Keeper of the Stars?"

joycenalex
01-18-2004, 09:41 AM
my girl by the temptations, pretty lady by roy orbison, and the garth brooks and randy travis ones

dukedogsmom
01-18-2004, 10:39 AM
My Romance by Carly Simon. I just love that song. I happened to think of that earlier today and wanted to put it here before I forgot. Just a few more minutes before I have to leave for airport.

trayi52
01-18-2004, 10:55 AM
Mark Anthony- You sang to me
Shania Twain- Forever and for always
Uncle cracker-Memphis soul song
Randy Travis-My greatest fear
Enrique Englesias- Addicted

trayi52
01-18-2004, 11:00 AM
Brian McNight-Back at one
Alison Kraus-you say it best when you say nothing at all

Thats just my idea of Romantic, probably nobody thinks like this old woman.;)

Kfamr
01-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Dangerously In Love - Destiny's Child.

It's something like that...

I hav a few more but i dont think it's the type of "love" songs you're thinking of.

R&B has the best love songs!

trayi52
01-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Come on KayAnn, name them I would like to hear what they are. I love songs from all of those, sorry to say I am not much on country music. I went through a time when that was all I wanted to listen to though. So I'm not totally against country music.

Like somebody said, some of the country music has some really romantic songs too.

Willie

RubyMutt
01-18-2004, 01:31 PM
I really like 'Hanging by a Moment' by Lifehouse

some others that I *LOVE* but are a little more... rockish? (lol, I know, I'm a dork :p) are

'Dreamer' by Ozzy Osbourne
and
'Everlong' by Foo Fighters

RubyMutt
01-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
'Everlong' by Foo Fighters

I just remembered there are some awesome acoustic versions of that song out there. If you want a good love song, DEFINITELY check those out :)

RubyMutt
01-18-2004, 01:36 PM
ok, I'm back :o

This is old, but it's timeless, sweet and romantic.

I'm suprised no one listed it already

'Just The Way You Look Tonight' by Frank Sinatra

if that's not a good love song then I don't know what is!

guster girl
01-18-2004, 01:37 PM
elton john's "your song" is really beautiful.

trayi52
01-18-2004, 02:02 PM
RubyMutt, I love that song by Lifehouse 'Hanging by a Moment', that is just a very beautiful song.

I have to say it but I love Savage gardens- truly, madly, deeply do! Okay I admit it I'm a sap!

Willie

guster girl
01-18-2004, 07:30 PM
Nat King Cole's "L.O.V.E."......Randy Travis "Look Heart, No Hands" and "My Love is Deeper." You are going to let us know what songs you have chosen, I hope! And, if you haven't heard "Look Heart, No Hands", you really should give it a listen. It's so pretty.

Moose
01-18-2004, 07:40 PM
Thanks guys, those are all great!

Willie, I absolutely love that song by Alison Krause!! ...and I love the version by Ronan Keating [sp?] too.

Dogz
01-18-2004, 07:50 PM
I know there are a lot of great love songs out there, but I can't think of any right now.

Can You Feel The Love Tonight
I've heard the one with Elton John singing.

RICHARD
01-19-2004, 03:58 PM
A Faith Hill/Tim Mcgraw duet

Let's Make Love, It's Your Love..

and Kashmir by Led Zepplin.:confused:

K9soul
01-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Man there are so many wonderful love songs out there, and some great ones listed by others here. A few David and I picked to be played on our wedding night were:

Love of a Lifetime - Firehouse (this was our bride/groom dance song)

Masterpiece - Atlantic Starr

You're the Inspiration - Chicago

To Be With You - Mr. Big

Angel Eyes - Jeff Healy Band

There can be a couple different types of love songs, "new love" and "old love." One of my favorite "old love" type songs is Through the Years by Kenny Rogers.

Tonya
01-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Hey, Moose. I don't have any ideas. But when you are done, can you send me a copy? I'll give it to Mike for V-day and pretend I made it. ;)

dukedogsmom
01-19-2004, 08:15 PM
Someone mentioned Nat King Cole. I like that song Unforgettable. It's a duet done by Natalie and her father Nat. Very good song.

Moose
01-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Thanks everyone, the CD turned out great! :D

Tonya, if you really want it...let me know. :p

trayi52
01-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Well Brooke are you going to tell us what you put on it?? We might want to make one too.

RubyMutt
01-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Well Brooke are you going to tell us what you put on it?? We might want to make one too.

Yes, I'm curious also :)

RICHARD
01-19-2004, 10:56 PM
lololololol...

I was pulling into the driveway tonight and the rock station starts to play............

Kashmir by Led Zepplin.:cool:

HONEST!!

guster girl
01-20-2004, 12:15 AM
dang, it's already made! oh, well, i can still post that i love the song "groovy kind of love" by phil collins. :) what's on the cd?! enquiring minds..... :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
01-20-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by trayi52
Mark Anthony- You sang to me

Yep - that's the one I'd choose. When my hubby was working in Saudi, and I was still in South Africa, he heard it on the radio.(We had been apart for 2 months). So he went and bought the CD, ripped the song to MP3 and emailed it to me at work. I just cried and cried and cried!!! (It was all the more touching as he is NOT usually a romantic person!

CathyBogart
01-20-2004, 02:10 AM
This is a little-known band, but their music is really good. Alikkon actually make me a music video using my favorite anime to this song.

Null Device - Sacre Coeur (Which means Sacred heart)

Aw darn! I just saw the part where you finished it! :p Oh well, check out the song anyways!!