PDA

View Full Version : Shedding?!

GoldenRetrLuver
01-16-2004, 07:49 PM
Are there any other dogs (or goldens) that are shedding like crazy?

I decided to groom Daisy and Molly today, so I got out the undercoat rake and did Daisy first. W:eek:W! She's shedding BADLY! I've NEVER gotten this much hair off her, and I'm not even finished yet! :eek:

Cataholic
01-16-2004, 07:53 PM
I just learned from my sister today, whose GSD is shedding to beat the band, that shedding is not really 'seasonal', but, light induced! I thought it was too early for dogs to start blowing their coats..but, she said it all depends on the daylight the individual doggie gets. So, someone that might have their doggie outside alot might start shedding before a more inside type dog.

Maybe your guys are just getting a head start? Binx is still retaining his coat, thank goodness.

GoldenRetrLuver
01-16-2004, 08:03 PM
Really? Interesting. Mine are mostly indoors, and are still shedding like crazy! Maybe it always started around this time...but I never payed attention lol. Either way, it's pretty bad!

K9soul
01-16-2004, 08:23 PM
Tasha went through a shed earlier in the winter and Tommy was shedding like CRAZY just about three weeks ago. He seems mostly done now but I noticed a little tuft of hair today on his rear I need to brush out :p

This was definitely Tommy's biggest shed since I got him, and he's 3... I think my collies had a huge blow around 3-4 too.

How old is Daisy again?

GoldenRetrLuver
01-16-2004, 08:31 PM
Daisy will be 2 in February.
Maybe it's around that age time then. It just amazes me; she really doesn't have a thick undercoat, like most goldens I've seen, and is tiny for a Golden Retriever. You should see my den lol, it's covered in hair...
Molly's doing normal shedding. It usually takes about an hour or two to have her completley done, but that's normal for her.

I think it's time for a trip to the groomers!

K9soul
01-16-2004, 08:34 PM
Tommy doesn't really have a thick undercoat either, but he left his own "carpet" of hair everywhere for a while there :rolleyes:

I do remember both the collies around 3 or so blowing their coats more than usual, and after that growing in thicker ones that stayed thicker.

GoldenRetrLuver
01-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
I do remember both the collies around 3 or so blowing their coats more than usual, and after that growing in thicker ones that stayed thicker.

I know how that is! :rolleyes:
I know in my house you always find a little hair here and there, in every room...no biggie. ;)