PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

rg_girlca
01-16-2004, 05:20 PM
This is in regards to my stray Limpy. When he returned on Sunday morning, I noticed that right across his back, at the base of his tail, his fur looked like it was indented. I couldn't see it very well as it was night time, 2:00 in the morning. When I saw him tuesday morning before I went to work, he had more fur missing. But I don't see any redness or sores. Just his fur is missing. It's about the width of a quarter now.
Denyce mentioned, since he is unneutered that it could be what they call Stud Tail, which are greasy deposits of hormones. I've never heard of this before, so I will have to see if I can find some information on it.
What do you think it could be?

K & L
01-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Boy, I have no idea what this could be. I've heard if their anal glands are full they'll pull on their fur at the base of the tail, maybe this? Just a guess. Is it a perfect round circle? Hopefully not ringworm! Is there a way to trap and get him to a vet?

Miss Meow
01-16-2004, 09:19 PM
I was thinking ringworm too; if he has lost even more fur this morning, it might be the case. I'd go to the vet's for a diganosis if he can be put in a carrier - good luck :)

Kitty Talker9204
01-16-2004, 09:29 PM
well yes it could be ring worm but one of my boy cats that i had that all a sudden one day i notice his hair was missing in one spot more and more hair would be missing each day. it was on his tail and went on his back it didnt get to bad. but we took him to the vets they gave us shampoo to wash him with. and then he told us to try this cream called TOLNAFTATE but i didnt get to see if it was helpin any better because he died from getting hit by a car grrr boo hoo:( :( :( he was my favorite cat he will be in my memories FOREVER good wishes to him :( sorry if im not good help well any ways good luck :)