PDA

View Full Version : Euro to the Dollar

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Well, since I had my hopes up about maybe going to Germany and meeting Barbara, and now it looks like that probably won't be happening :( <BIG frowny face> I thought I might start early on this year's International Pet Talk meeting.

It appears once again we have a lot to discuss, and getting an early start is always a good thing, soooo I was thinking that seeing as how the dollar is doing so poorly against the Euro, I thought it might be financially responsible for all the Europeans to come to the US. Right now, as we speak, for every Euro you will get $1.24. If we came over there, we would only get .81 Euros for every $1.00. That means if you guys buy something that costs $50.00 over here, it's really only costing you 40.50 Euros. If we came over there, something that would cost us $50.00 over here would cost 62.00 Euros.

I just checked on expedia.com and a non-stop flight from Munich to O'Hare is less that $850.00 - which means it's about 688.50 Euros.

So you can see that since these meetings are to discuss the state of the world, and we try to practice what we preach so we should be fiscally responsible, having this year's International Pet Talk meeting in Chicago is the only right thing to do. :D

RICHARD
01-16-2004, 03:04 PM
so does that mean that Barbara's 4000 posts are subject to the same exchange rate???:eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
so does that mean that Barbara's 4000 posts are subject to the same exchange rate???:eek:

The only way she can save them is if she books a flight to Chicago. ;) :D :p

Barbara
01-16-2004, 03:14 PM
My dear friends.
Just today.
We
Have decided
that
we
will go to North America this year.

And
we
don't know where (because we can't decide)
but
we'll try
to have a stopover in Chicago.

The bad thing: since 2 days the Euro is falling, so Debbie think about it!!!!

Edwina's Secretary
01-16-2004, 03:16 PM
I saw flights on Lufthansa/United for under $200 each way to many European cities...including Munich!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
but
we'll try
to have a stopover in Chicago.

Try??? TRY!!!???!!?!:eek: :eek: I think it better be a mandatory stopover!!!

And are you serious? Really? Oh goody!!! I was going to wait to PM you about Loerrach because it's almost certain I won't be able to go, but not 100%, so I was going to wait until it was 100%. But if you guys are coming here that makes me feel soooo much better!! Yippeee!!!! <doing happy dance all over the office!>
:D :D

I know the current exchange rate is really hurting Terry's business because when you're talking thousands and thousands of dollars, that extra $.24 really makes a difference, and I should be hoping that it equals out a bit, but in this case I'll be hoping the complete opposite! Come on Euro, climb! :D

Barbara
01-16-2004, 03:34 PM
I anyway promise to bring some Gimpet vitamin paste :D

Randi
01-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Debbie, can I butt in here .... You can't come to Europe without us meeting you!! ;) On the other hand, we've never been to USA! :eek: I just did a randon search Cph - Chigaco. The cheapest flight is ..... 687 $ pr. person - on the date I chose!!

http://www.flybillet.dk/

Russian Blue
01-16-2004, 03:48 PM
*** sneaks in quietly ***

It's even cheaper to come to Toronto & there are way more cats here than in Chicago.

*** sneaks back out ***

;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-16-2004, 03:51 PM
So Randi, that means you need to get with Barbara on the dates so we can truly have another IPTS (International PT Summit). :D

And I know what'll happen is you'll pick dates that we've got something planned, so the dates I can't be here are April 9 - 11, the beginning of May, the end of June/beginning of July, middle of October, November 20 - 28 and December 18 - 31st. So please, please please try and pick a different date than these. Sorry I can't be more specific on some of them but I don't have my datebook with me right now.

I'm so excited! :D

Barbara
01-16-2004, 03:57 PM
for me it must be May/June. I can't check before I don't see my office calendar again which won't be before Monday.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-16-2004, 04:04 PM
I'll check too when I get home, Barbara, so you can have specifics from me. Oh goody!!! :D

Randi
01-16-2004, 04:45 PM
When I saw this, I started dreaming! :D

Not a big chance we're going that far! :(

Cataholic
01-16-2004, 07:10 PM
I want to be there, too! Chicago is only a five hour drive for me!!! I am on the first Honda Civic there! Or, the only Honda Civic, that is...

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-17-2004, 05:41 AM
I just moved to Germany about 3 months ago. And it is very expensive here. Wiesbaden is even more expensive since it is a rich town.

As of yesterday, each Euro is worth $1.33! It is crazy. If the rate was one to one, things would be bearable. But the Euro is so expensive here. I hate it!!

Barbara
01-17-2004, 09:00 AM
Hi Souraya! Long time no see. Wait until spring: Wiesbaden will be nicer then ;)

(As to the Euro I hope it stays a little where it is -just for my holidays.)