PDA

View Full Version : as requested more about Walter

zookeeper
01-16-2004, 11:57 AM
Well, we have had him since November now and he is quite a character. Walking him is such a joy:rolleyes: he is definately a scent hound, his nose stays on the ground the whole time and he just wants to go go go. He loves to see people on his walks and will stop and start at them then as we are walking he hops like a bunny then will stop look then hop again. I think the reason he likes people so much is that when we see them at the park most of them have their dogs and treats for him:D We have brought him to the dog park but have not let him off leash yet, as he still have not quite mastered the come command, sometimes scents are more important then Mommie and Daddie.

When we adopted him we were pleasently surprised that he was already housetrained, new how to sit, shake a paw and fetch. I am guessing he came from a good home before because he has shown no signs of being abused, not sure why his owners never cam for him when he went missing, but their loss is my gain.

He is extremly playful and will do laps around the house when he gets a squeaky, it is hilarious, as he will start off slow and then get faster and faster, and sometimes in between he will go to a screexhing halt at his water dish and then back to the laps:D

We recently had him neutered and he has been somewhat clingy since then, I have a feeling he thinks we were abandoning him again.

Walter does not bark very often but always barks when my husband and I are hugging, or showing any kind of affection. Not sure what he thinks we are doing:o

Walter is just a happy go lucky pup, that just wants to please, and I am so happy that we brought him home with us. He loves when people come over to the house but he can be a little obnoxious so we give him a chew and he will quite down after a little while.

Walter also loves his food:rolleyes: It seems that his mission in life is to put everything in his mouth and eat it even if he doesn't like the taste, if it dropped on the kitchen floor it is good enough for him. Walter once ate an olive and I have never seen a dog make such a face in my whole life, but he was determined to eat it and eat it he did with the face and all.

Well, anyway I have probably taken up more then enough of everyone's time with Walter and I can probably go on forever.

tatsxxx11
01-16-2004, 01:03 PM
You should go on, forever; you're a proud and adoring doggie Mom!:D What a great update! I''m so glad to hear that Walter's doing so well; he sounds like a typical happy, playful, lovable, goffy puppper!:) Your family and Walter are so lucky to have found one another!! You did a wonderful thing in giving him a forever home. Please give Walter a big hug for me and if you can, please post some pics of the happy crew! And update us often!!

K9soul
01-16-2004, 01:50 PM
If my time is being taken up by reading about your sweet Walter, then I consider it time well spent! He sounds like such a sweetheart, and smart too! Perhaps he came from a home where the owner was forced to give him up for some reason. Whatever the situation though, he has sure found a wonderful home with a loving mom and dad now, lucky pup!

Perhaps he thinks you and your husband are doing some strange form of play when you hug, and he wants in on the fun! ;) I had to laugh at your description of him eating that olive. Bad taste or no, he was going to get that down! After all, it's FOOD!

I hope to hear more about him and get to see more pics of him in the future :D

lizbud
01-16-2004, 02:07 PM
Walter is such a cutie-pie pup. :) I saw his picture in your
other thread. Sounds like he's so happy to be part of a family
again. I love his sweet face.:D

Cataholic
01-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Wow, I loved reading about Walter!! Now, off to find his cute picture.