PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

Uabassoon
01-16-2004, 11:57 AM
I didn't find out about this until yesterday, but Monday night my friend Mark was attacked outside of a bar. He wasn't found until Tues morning, where they discovered him to be unconscious. Yesterday morning he woke up form his coma but is still in critical condition. The bar that he was attacked at held a candle light vigil for him last night which I attended, as well as his family members, the mayor of Tucson, and hundreds of other people. While the reason for the attack is still uncertain, police suspect that this was a hate crime. Mark is a young gay man, and the bar he was attacked outside of was a gay bar. While I know that not everyone on PT agrees with homosexuality, I know that every single person here is against violence and hate. Mark is a great guy, he's one of those people that if you are around him you have a smile on your face. Mark is always very cheerful and always in a great mood, his mood is always contagious and it's impossible to be in a bad mood when you are around him. It's so hard for me to understand how someone could hate so much especially when they don't even know the person. So if you can please say a little prayer for Mark and his family.

I couldn't find an article about it in the local papers. But there is a brief article in our Gay and Lesbian center website.
http://www.wingspanaz.org/content/news_wingspan_details.php?story_id=98

micki76
01-16-2004, 12:26 PM
Laura, that's just awful. :( :mad: Mark will definitely be in my thoughts. Let us know how he's doing.

Cataholic
01-16-2004, 12:27 PM
Laura,
I am so sorry to hear about Mark. I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

slick
01-16-2004, 12:36 PM
That's so sad and unfortunately all too common up here. Prayers on the way for Mark.

Logan
01-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Laura, there is never a valid reason for an attack like this. I am so sorry your friend is going through this. We will definitely keep Mark in our prayers, and hope for a full recovery. And if it's ok, I'm also going to pray that the person responsible for this horrible act will be apprehended.

Logan

Karen
01-16-2004, 12:43 PM
Mark will be in all our prayers. Keep us updated, okay. You will be in our prayers as well.

ChrisH
01-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Oh, Laura, that is awful. :( :mad: Prayers on the way for Mark.

Chris

jazzcat
01-16-2004, 01:45 PM
That is terrible. He's in my prayers.

tatsxxx11
01-16-2004, 01:56 PM
Oh Laura, how dreadful:( I hope the horrible human being that did this to him is found and prosecuted asap!:mad: I will certainly keep Mark and his family in my prayers. How awful that he was left there for an entire day, unconcious:( Get well soon, Mark! We're pulling for you!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-16-2004, 02:30 PM
How awful - and sad. Like Logan said, there is never a valid reason for an attack like this. I'm so glad he was found in time, and that he has come out of the coma. Positive thoughts and prayers are going out for him and for all of you (family, friends, etc.). This senseless hate just has to stop. :(

Cinder & Smoke
01-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Hi God ~

Sorry God, but we're screwin up, agin, down here
onna Big Durt Ball... :(

Please reach out wiffa God'sPawz an
wrap em round poor Mark an his Fambly.
He needs Your Help ta get better...

And, kuld You maybee try to Teach us ALL to be a
lil more Unnerstandin an Tolerant of each udder?

Thankx, God!

/s/ the :( Prayer Pups

Barbara
01-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Laura I am sending my best thoughts for Mark.

I hope so much he'll be ok.

Edwina's Secretary
01-16-2004, 03:21 PM
The sickness is hate. Laura, my thoughts are with your friend Mark.

Miss Meow
01-16-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Mark. Will be sending positive thoughts to him and his family for a full recovery.

I hope the person/s responsible are found and punished to the full extent of the law. There is no justification for that kind of act, none at all :(

guster girl
01-16-2004, 08:08 PM
I'm sorry as well to hear that Mark was a victim of such anger and ignorance. Nobody deserves to be hurt like that, and, I hope that he and his family all recover and don't, in turn, keep hate in their hearts because of this crime. My "signature" rings very true in moments like this.....

aly
01-16-2004, 08:08 PM
Laura,

Mark is in my prayers. Things like this make me so upset. I hate how intolerant, ignorant, and cruel some people are. I admire you for being strong and brave and facing many difficult situations like this. You are truly a special person.

Felicia's Mom
01-16-2004, 08:21 PM
I am sorry this horrible attack happened to Mark. He will be in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Tonya
01-16-2004, 08:24 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. It just makes me sick that there are such barbaric people still out there. I will be praying for Mark. Keep us updated.

PayItForward
01-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
The sickness is hate.
Too True :(

Sending prayers to Mark & his family.

AmberLee
01-16-2004, 10:25 PM
So sad and sorry to hear of this atrosity (arrgh, I can't spell it). Anyway, Mark, his family and friends, and you are all in my prayers. :(

shais_mom
01-17-2004, 12:32 AM
I am so sorry Laura. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

RubyMutt
01-17-2004, 01:09 AM
I'm sorry :(

That is truly awful :mad:

Mark will be in my thoughts. I hope he recovers soon, please keep us posted.

Uabassoon
01-17-2004, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone, as soon as I hear another update I'll be sure to let you all know how he's doing.

bisi.cat
01-17-2004, 02:14 AM
Oh dear...prayers are on the way for Mark and his Family...

Pam
01-17-2004, 08:08 AM
I am so sorry to hear this and will be hoping for a positive update on Mark's condition soon. I hope that the person who did this is caught and put away for a long, long, long time. :mad:

Tonya
01-21-2004, 09:41 PM
Laura, how is Mark doing? Any news?

lynnestankard
01-22-2004, 04:46 AM
Laura - sorry to be late on this.
Poor Mark, I do hope he's improving - prayers being said for him and his family and friends.
This hatefulness makes me want to weep - when will people stop this blinkered hate towards other people?
Keeping fingers crossed for a full recovery for Mark.

Lynne

anna_66
01-22-2004, 09:05 AM
Laura,
I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this.

How sad that things like this have to happen:( I hope your friend Mark is doing ok. Please let us know whenever you get an update.

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-22-2004, 09:10 AM
oh no.. :(

I am sorry.. Mark will be in my prayers..
keep us updated on how he is doing...

cloverfdx
01-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Oh Laura i am sorry :( i only just saw this now.

How is Mark doing today?

I will be keeping Mark and all his friends and family in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

There are some sick so called humans around. :(

ramanth
01-22-2004, 09:43 AM
Thoughts and healing vibes sent to Mark and his family. *hugs*
:)

Kona & Oreo's mom
01-22-2004, 09:48 AM
I hadn't seen this until now. Please let us know how he's doing and send our best wishes for a full recovery.

Tonya
01-22-2004, 02:08 PM
*bump*