PDA

View Full Version : it's a good day for booties

sabies
01-16-2004, 07:36 AM
I've had booties for Sadie for a while but they seemed too difficult for her to get use to. Today however it is absolutely freezing and there is salt on the road so we had just started her walk and she her paws obviously hurt. So I tried the booties again and it was quite a success! She was running and even tried digging with them on!

http://www.jennandmike.ws/Jenn/booties.jpg

Smilla
01-16-2004, 07:38 AM
CUTE!!

Where is a good place (online) to buy booties? Lefty absolutely needs them. His coat is arriving today, at least.

sabies
01-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Sadie got hers from Ryan's Pet Supplies - www.ryanspet.com. I'm not sure which pet stores have them.

Smilla
01-16-2004, 06:15 PM
I took Lefty to a pet store after work to try on booties. I bought him a pair of "muttluks". I didn't realize how expensive they were until I was at the register--$40! $10/paw!

Ah well, at least he'll be comfy. :)

Cataholic
01-16-2004, 07:45 PM
Hi Sabies, those are cute booties!

But, I would like to know about the coat..is that reflective? I can't seem to find a reflective coat for Binx. He doesn't need the warmth, but, at 5 am...is is sooo dark outside. I have a vest, but, he doesn't have anything...thanks!

Smilla
01-16-2004, 08:47 PM
Here's a very unhappy Lefty after we got the muttluks on him. (I've decided they're too small--they slipped right off--I'm going to exchange them for a larger size. I don't think he'll like them any more, though.)

sabies
01-17-2004, 07:26 AM
The coat I got from a small pet store (well it wasn't very small but it isn't a chain). It's by ruffwear and they have a web site too - www.ruffwear.com. The jacket was pretty expensive but it has a fleece lining, waterproof outer layer, and is apparently comfortable to wear cause she doesn't try to shake it off. The stripes are reflective. It's tough to fit Sadie in anything since she's long and skinny, even the jacket is a little wide for her but it adjusts nicely.

Ryan's pet supplies has good prices $5.67 per bootie (plus shipping so it's better to buy several items at once). Thanks to wolf q for introducing me to that catalog when she got Nebo a squirrel toy (Sadie HAD to have one too).

here's the back of the jacket:
http://www.jennandmike.ws/pictures/jacket.jpg

...I just checked the ruffwear site and the coat's on sale for much cheaper than I paid! http://www.ruffwear.com/products/overcoat/

dukedogsmom
01-17-2004, 07:30 AM
Those two pics of the doggies wearing their booties are just too cute! LOL at $10 a paw.

Dogz
01-17-2004, 07:56 AM
That's a cute picture:)

Prince has to get booties too. When we were sledding, he cut his paw.:( His pads weren't used to the rough ground. Sammy's paws aren't as rough as Siberians' though. I don't think he will mind them.

tatsxxx11
01-17-2004, 02:10 PM
What a fabulous Fido fashion show!:D Those booties pictures are SO sweet! Sadie, you looks so spiffy in your nifty coat and booties!:) Thanks for posting the links! I've been looking for a jacket like that for Cody and Star:)

Moose
01-17-2004, 02:42 PM
Aww Sadie, I love your little booties. :D

kimlovescats
01-17-2004, 03:50 PM
How CUTE, and such a great idea~!:D

lizbud
01-17-2004, 07:04 PM
Sadie's coat & booties are really neat looking. The coat looks
quite comfortable & looks like it would be easy getting on & off.
It's so good that Sadie accepts the booties. They'll really keep
her footsies warm & dry.:)

Cincy'sMom
01-18-2004, 12:32 AM
What a great fashion sense you have Sadie!! Our Sadie is also a tough fit...long and skinny!!!

wolf_Q
01-18-2004, 12:38 AM
What an adorable pic of Sadie!! :D That's good she's ok with the booties!

I have a pair for Nebo but he walks like a moron with them on...holds his paws high up in the air like he's wearing flippers. The ones I have don't stay on worth crap either...guess that's what I get for getting them in the clearance bin!

How does Sadie like the squirrel toy? :D

sabies
01-18-2004, 11:49 AM
Sadie loves the squirrel toy though I think Nebo has much better hunting skills. Sadie will stick her snout in the holes but has never pulled one out. They eventually get pushed out and she's like "wow where'd that come from".

Poor Lefty, the muttluks look so cute though! Sadie was only ok with the booties when the salt hurt her paws real bad. I ran in, got the booties, and I think her brain made the connection that booties can be good. Good luck with Lefty!

RubyMutt
01-18-2004, 03:06 PM
Adorable photos! :D

I have booties for Ruby, but whenever I put them on her she prances around like she's walking on hot coals or something :rolleyes: So, they don't stay on for long.

Good girl, Sadie!