PDA

View Full Version : Jasper's Story

DogLover9501
01-16-2004, 12:46 AM
I don't know if I have ever posted Jasper's Story here, so I am going to do it now.

NOTE: It's VERY long!!

.:Jasper's Story:.

In the summer of 2002, when I was 15, I started becomming very interested with the looks and characteristics of the boxer. I read about them all the time, talked to alot of boxer owners, and constantly begged my parents to let me have one. They always said "no" because we had a black lab before that who was VERY hyper, very stubborn, never listened, would eat the other animal's food, tear up things..etc..etc..etc!! So the lab made them never want a big dog again.

Finally, I made my mom read the boxer book I had gotten at the library, and she said they sounded like very good dogs, but I would have to convince my father lol, easier said than done!

I started to look for a breeder around here(Newfoundland, Canada), just to know that if I convinced my dad, would we find one? I wanted to adopt, but my mom doesn't trust dogs that are in shelters, she says it's better to raise them. Well I found a breeder in Nova Scotia, as close as you can get eh? I e-mailed her, we got along really well. I also called her and she told me that a boxer like I wanted(Flashy-fawn) would cost $1400 and that there will be a litter around the week before Christmas and another litter a week or so after new years.

My mom wasn't sure about paying $1400, and I told the breeder about it. And a few weeks later, she told me that she has a 5 week old male, flashy fawn puppy there, that she would like to offer me for $900(great discount!) She told me that his mother only had two of them, a male and a female, and the pregnancy was complicating because the vets kept telling her that the dog was too small to be pregnant! But she was pregnant, she needed a C-Section.0 The female puppy died, and the mothers milk dried up(not sure why). So she always bottle fed the male.

I talked to my mom about it all, and she said "alright..I guess!" and eventually my dad said yes also. So we had 3 LONG weeks of waiting, during those weeks, the breeder would let us watch Jasper on webcam, and send us pictures. I had a very touching bond with Jasper before I even met him!! Jasper was going to be 8 weeks old on Saturday, Nov.1st. The breeder said she was driving over here on halloween, and that they would get at my house around 4-5pm. I was soooo excited!!!

So the big day came, halloween, I got up at 8am, waited all day long, 4pm came, 5pm came, 6pm came...7...8...9...10..No Jasper!! I was really worried that maybe something had happened to them, but had no way to contact them. At 3am, my mom and I finally went to bed. The next day came, which is when we found out that the ferry they needed to take to get over here went on strike!! They had to drive all the way home, and around 7-8pm that night, she called us.

The next day she put him on the plane, and we picked him up at the airport. I will never forget that day, I was so excited, about ready to burst into tears! And the moment I layed eyes on that gorgeous little boxer puppy in the kennel, I was so happy!! I took him out of the kennel right away, and carried him out to our van, and he played with me the whole way home, just like we owned him the entire time!

The breeder, and I really think that everything that happened, with Jasper's mom and sister, was fate and that I was meant to have him, See the breeder was going to keep both of them, for show dogs, a brother and sister duo, and if the female didn't pass away, she would have, and as soon as she decided to sell Jasper, I came along :)

And that's the story of Jasper, my angel, my miracle.

DogLover9501
01-16-2004, 12:04 PM
I hope you all like his story :D

tatsxxx11
01-16-2004, 01:11 PM
That's a beautiful story, Robin! Jasper is so lucky to have such a devoted Mom who loves him as you do. I definitely think you and Jasper were faterd to be together:) I'm so happy for you...and Jasper! Please share more Jasper stories; and pictures! Give Jasper a big hug for me!:) Sandra

Logan
01-16-2004, 01:43 PM
What a great story!!! Jasper sounds like a wonderful dog!!!! :)

K9soul
01-16-2004, 01:52 PM
What a sweet and special story of how you came to be Jasper's adoring Mom! I really enjoyed it! Be sure to keep posting pictures as he grows up into a wonderfully handsome boxer boy. :D

DogLover9501
01-16-2004, 08:07 PM
What a sweet and special story of how you came to be Jasper's adoring Mom! I really enjoyed it! Be sure to keep posting pictures as he grows up into a wonderfully handsome boxer boy.

Thanks, Im very blessed ;) I will keep you updated on my little cutie :D

tikeyas_mom
01-16-2004, 08:31 PM
what a great story, i can totally relate to the "asking dad" thing lol