PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera Question...

DogLover9501
01-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Im thinking of saving up for a digital camera(which will take about 10 years with just my babysitting lol) but I was wondering about megapixels and brand names..all that, which are best?

Kfamr
01-15-2004, 10:15 PM
Tp be honest, i've seen camera's with the same megapixels as mine (2.0 MP) and the quality is 10x's bad.

I have a Canon ( PowerShot A60) and I love it. Other PT'ers have bought and liked it as well.

It's VERY user friendly and isn't as expensive as alot of others -- but not totally cheap either.

Fuji digital cameras are great as well -- but I definitly like my Canon better.

dukedogsmom
01-15-2004, 10:23 PM
The higher the megapixel, the better quality pic. Mine takes pretty good pics. It's 2.1 mp but you can't get good closeups with it. This is just something to get me by until I can get the real camera I want. Haven't decided what brand yet. Just know it's got to be loaded! Even going to have infra red on it. I'm going to make that my Christmas present to myself for this year.

DogLover9501
01-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Im looking at a site, for the stapples store(I find the prices good and theres a store near by)
Heres something I found....

CANON - PowerShot A300 Digital Camera

Features:
-3.2 MP CCD
-Superb 5.1x digital zoom
-Brushed exterior design with easy controls
-Enhanced Movie Mode
-Focal length: 5mm f/3.6 (35mm film equivalent: 39mm)
-Shutter speed: 1-1/2000 sec. Slow shutter speed of 1/6 sec. is only available in select modes
-Auto Flash, Red-eye reduction
-Compact Flash (CF) Type I card slot
-Canon direct printing to Bubble Jet Direct Photo Printers and Card Photo Printers

GoldenRetrLuver
01-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Canons. I have the Powershot A-70 and I love it. It's very simple to use, and takes great pictures. It's not cheap (mine was around $300-$350) but I think it's worth it. I've used Olympus and Sony, and Canons are by far the better quality, IMO. :)

wolf_Q
01-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Don't get a Kodak!

I truely like my camera, and I think it takes very nice photos...

But I've barely had it over a year and I've already sent it in to be fixed once, and it needs to be fixed again.

Of course, the average person does not take their camera everywhere and take nearly as many photos as I do either. :o

DogLover9501
01-15-2004, 10:34 PM
The one I posted about costs $279.85

binka_nugget
01-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Another vote for Canon. I have the same one as Kay, the canon a60. From what I've heard, Canon cameras are dependable and take great quality photos. I've dropped this camera so many times, I have yet to take it in to repair. I've even dropped it in snow and no damage yet. I've gotten photos developed at a photolab from this camera. Honestly, they look far better than our regular cameras. My mom has 2 very expensive cameras and one average camera. My print-outs from the canon look far better than the prints from all 3 cameras. The colors are so bright and lively.

When you get one, look for optical zoom. Digital zoom just stretches the picture a bit and makes it look more 'pixely'. If you want to take close-ups, look for the macro feature. I've used other digital cameras but I think the canons are far better than the other ones I used (sony+kodak).

Karen
01-15-2004, 11:16 PM
Wait until you have "almost" enough money - as the cameras change and get better every few months it seems.