PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Area Pet Show

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-15-2004, 12:17 PM
At Arlington Park Racecourse on March 19-21, 2004. Be there or be square! ;) :D

I'm planning on attending, and probably Edwina's Secretary will be there, and I know Rachel mentioned that she might join us "next time" and it's now "next time" and hopefully Efrat will be able to join us, anybody else interested?

Adn this is the Pet Show where they have all sorts of interesting stuff going on. Hedgehog races, cat showing, dog showing and much much more.

Click Here (http://www.petchicago.com/common/home.asp?ShowType=PET) to go to the website for the show.

Hope to be able to meet some of you!

Oh, and I'm also going to try and get my Mom and my Aunt to join us. If you remember, my Mom has the ragdoll I call Cranker and the outside kitty name Goofy, and my Aunt has the Birman(?) named Yuri. Hopefully I'll be able to get them to come down from the frozen North for a kitty filled weekend. :D

Edwina's Secretary
01-15-2004, 02:36 PM
I'm there, I'm there. Although I'm not sure how much of the hedgehog olympics I will sit through this year :) :rolleyes: ;)

Rachel
01-15-2004, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the head's up, T&P's Mom. I'm putting it on my calendar.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I'm there, I'm there. Although I'm not sure how much of the hedgehog olympics I will sit through this year :) :rolleyes: ;)

I agree. They were cute and all, but not much action to keep our interest peaked. ;)

Yeah, Rachel's marking her calendar. We'll have a d-o-g person joining us! :D

Now for Efrat. I sent her an email. Hopefully get it and respond. She hasn't been here on PT lately so I thought an email would get to her sooner than a PM. Efrat, you out there? :D

Efrat
01-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Hi girls!

Sorry I'm not here too often, but I did get the e-mail and if I'm not out of the country I'll be coming to the show!
I plan to go to Israel around these dates, but not sure when exactly.. I'll know closer to the date.

:) Thanks for thinking about me!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Yeah, you got the email! Sure hope the dates work out and you can make it! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-16-2004, 11:29 AM
Since the time is getting closer, I thought I'd bump this up to see if we can get anyone else to join us?

zippy-kat
02-16-2004, 12:48 PM
I would love to go! Wish I lived closer. :(

Look at this guy (found through the non-profit links on the site):
http://www.adoptpetshelter.org/images/cats/18151.jpg
He's been adopted (thankfully)! :D

Felicia's Mom
02-16-2004, 02:28 PM
I can't go, wish I could; it's one of the few times I wish I could drive.

I alway go to the cat show here in October. This year I am going to try to buy some cat furniture.

Desert Arabian
02-17-2004, 03:29 PM
HHMMM....have to run this one past mom. We are only about 90 miles from Chicago. I would love to go to the windy city and meet some more Pet Talkers!! :D :D Maybe we can bring Sammy, like we did at the Ohio meeting, we can enter him and the rats in the pet show!!! :p :p

ChiRen
02-17-2004, 06:31 PM
I would love to go!
We are only 45 minutes or so outside of Chicago.
We live in the North Barrington area [for those of you who know where that is], so it's not a bad drive.
I just have to ask my parents. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Well, now that it's March 1st, maybe we should start thinking about what day we'll be meeting for the pet show. At this point, either Saturday or Sunday works better for me.

Anybody else have any input?

Efrat
03-03-2004, 09:36 PM
Hey...
As things look like now I'll be here on those dates and would love to meet you at the show.

saturday around Noon will be best for us, sunday will be ok too, but I prefer saturday....

Efrat

ChiRen
03-03-2004, 10:42 PM
I really want to go but my mom isn't sure if she wants to let me go.:rolleyes:
Since I'm new here and she doesn't really like the idea of "online meeting" she is still in the process of trying to decide.
I think she's leaning toward yes right now but I don't know.
I really hope I can go.
I would love to meet you guys! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-13-2004, 05:13 PM
Well I PM'd everyone who responded so far (except those who know they can't make it like Zippy and Felicia).

So far it's looking like Saturday, but I'll give more details once I hear back from everyone.

Should be a great time and I'm looking forward to meeting you all! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Ok, so we've pretty much decided that Saturday is the day we'll meet. Now we just have to pick a time.

Efrat can't make it until about 2:00 pm, so we need some input on that.

Any suggestions?

Edwina's Secretary
03-16-2004, 01:34 PM
Early or late are best when it comes to the crowd.....

ChiRen
03-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Aww, I don't think I can make it now. :(

One of my brothers is coming home for spring break and his friend was supposed to pick him up, but something came up. Now my mom has to pick him up and my dad is out of town, so I don't have a ride there.
I'm so disappointed. :(:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-16-2004, 02:34 PM
Well, the show does go until 8:00 pm Saturday and here are the events listed on the schedule for later afternoon/evening.

5pm: IL Police Work Dog Demo
6pm: Freestyle Awards & Demo's

There is also the Dock Dog Competition and they will have practice at 5:00 and a "Wave" at 6:00 (whatever that is...:confused: ;) ).

All the judging is done in the morning though.

So, I've never gone to shows on Saturday evenings (always been an earlier the better person), but if you guys want to try meeting at...say 4:00 pm or so, that would be fine with me......

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Ok, so from the replys to my thread in Cat General about the best time to be at cat shows, it sounds like anytime from noon on is a good time.

I don't like the crowds anymore than Sara does - and it does get crowded, so how 'bout we decide to meet at about 3:00 or 4:00 on Saturday? I completely missed most of the schedule 'cause I didn't scroll down far enough, but it turns out the Hedge Hog Olympics are at 4 & 5 on Saturday, so even though we don't need to see the whole thing again (not that exciting) we could stop in and at least catch a glimpse of the little buggers.

And so far I've only gotten responses from Efrat, Sara and ChiRen (who doesn't think she'll be able to make it) so Efrat and Sara, what do you say 3? 4?

Let me know what you think.

moosmom
03-17-2004, 01:35 PM
YLL,

Is THAT Sammy in the background of your sig??? Holy Moly has he gotten HUGE!!!

Efrat
03-17-2004, 11:49 PM
3:00 will be good for us...BTW are all the shows in the scheduale dog related? where can we see that list you were talking about?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-18-2004, 11:23 AM
Efrat, go to my very first post in this thread and there's a link to the website for the show. You should be able to find the schedule there. Seems they have very little for cats besides the competitions, but I guess that's not surprising. They also have the Hedge Hog races which are....interesting. ;) :D

We'll see you at 3:00 near the main entrance. :D