PDA

View Full Version : Gabby's Story

K & L
01-15-2004, 10:31 AM
Gabby
Gabby came to us one evening during our sleep. I awoke to noises on our roof, woke Kevin up asking what in the world it was. We went outside to find Gabby being chased by our now Blaze. She was terrified. We called kitty, kitty and she came running to us. We brought her in, calmed her down, and secluded her from the other cats. We hung out lost cat fliers, posted on the internet, paper, and at the Humane Society. We watched the “lost pet” column in the newspaper, but never saw her description nor did anyone call to claim her. She was ours! We dubbed her Gabby because she is always meowing to us. She is the cat everyone wants to take home when they come over. She doesn’t like it when Kevin & I raise our voices, will come up and rub on our legs, meow, and stick her paw out as if to say QUIT IT! It took almost a year to socialize her with the other cats. We were about ready to find another home for her when all of sudden she conformed. She’s a wonderful cat and for the life of me can’t figure out why she wasn’t claimed! We’re glad though!
:D

Randi
01-15-2004, 10:38 AM
Gabby sounds like a wonderful girl. I'm so glad you kept her and it worked out with the other cats in the end. I bet she's happy to be with you! :)

Kisses to Gabby!

jenluckenbach
01-15-2004, 02:18 PM
I hope a lot of people that have problems socializing their new cat with their old cat will learn a lesson about giving them TIME!! A full year is a lot longer than most people would give. Congratulations on an endless supply of patience and determinations. And hearts full of compassion and love.

Vio&Juni
01-16-2004, 02:33 AM
Gabby sounds like a sweet kitty, Juni reacts the same when we raise our voices.

I think would be great to add pictures to every story :) I only know by name only some of your cats.

Barbara
01-16-2004, 03:33 AM
No - raising voices is nothing cat's like. Good education for us, isn't it:)

Although Gabby had problems with the others she knew where to go:)

K & L
01-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Vio&Juni
Gabby sounds like a sweet kitty, Juni reacts the same when we raise our voices.

I think would be great to add pictures to every story :) I only know by name only some of your cats.

Gabby
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p40c75215006c42ec221033337ee68363/fbf20a22.jpg