PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Better!!

RobiLee
01-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Yes, I finally think I am starting to feel a bit better. Maybe that new pill the doc gave me is starting to help me out. I'm not for sure. All I know is sometimes I feel like I'm in a big dark hole and I'm constantly trying to climb out of it. I'm working hard at it though. I realize that I am suffering from depression and menopause and it has been driving me crazy! I am also feeling a lot of anger and resentment about what I had to go through. I don't know why I am having that reaction right now. I went through the whole thing being scared and just dealing with it and doing what I was supposed to do and I thought I handled it pretty well. Now, after it is all over with and I should be very happy that all is well and trust me I am but for some reason I am so pissed off about the whole thing now. The doc says that is normal. I guess so. Hmm..ok...I'm starting to rant again. Maybe I'm not doing as well as I thought...lol. No really, I am. I finally realized I needed to do something, so guess what I did! I went and joined Curves for Women yesterday. A workout place! I did my first workout yesterday and I LOVED it!!!! I felt so good afterwards. I felt good the whole rest of the evening. My mind felt clearer and I felt pumped up. Yes, it is a little on the expensive side but for me it is totally worth it. It made me feel good, it is definitely good for my health and maybe just maybe I might even lose a little weight (I have to work on that eating part though). Well, I just wanted to let you know what I have been up to. Did you all know that you are my therapy support group? Well, you are! Love ya all!

Hugs...Robin :)

P.S....I'm heading out the door now for my second workout!

lovemyshiba
01-15-2004, 11:19 AM
I'm glad to hear things are getting better, even if it is slowly!!

Exercise helps tremendously--I love it!! Even just going for a nice walk can put me in a better mood sometimes.

We're happy to be your support group--we're always here!!!

Pam
01-15-2004, 11:24 AM
Lovemyshiba you said exactly what I was going to say. We are all here for you and we understand. The female hormones and all..... well .....UGH! I know that a period of exercise will create a feeling of well being (at least I have heard that many times) and I wish I could get myself to do more. I am interested in hearing about your experiences at Curves as there is one near me, about a mile away. Wish I could muster up the energy to start an exercise program. :rolleyes:

tatsxxx11
01-15-2004, 11:52 AM
This is definitely the place to come to rant and vent, Robin!:D And your "delayed" response to your ordeal is perfectly normal. Now that you've been able to get past the fear aspect it's only natural that you'd feel anger. There are tons of studies done about the phases that people go through when faced with such a frightening prospect as yours. So I say, you're entitled so go at it girl and let it out; it'll make you feel even better! And exercise is absolutely the best therapy, on some many fronts. It's so good for your over all physical well being but also does tons of good for your self esteem and emotinal well being. I love that pumped up, energized feeling I get after a work out. It really helps me whenever I'm in a funk! Sounds like you're right on track to me!!! HUGE hugs to one my heroines!!! I'm so happy to hear you're doing so much better!:) Sandra

Cataholic
01-15-2004, 11:56 AM
Robin,
I am sooo glad to hear of this!

slick
01-15-2004, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the update Robin. Don't ever be afraid to come here and rant and rave. That's what we are here for.

Lov ya 2......

amoore
01-15-2004, 12:53 PM
So glad you are feeling better! We are here for each other.

I garden for one of my ways of dealing with stress. It works good for me. Of course my friends here , and my pets including Mahayana, is another therapy I use.:D

KYS
01-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Pam: The female hormones and all..... well .....UGH! >>>>>>>>>>

LOL! Ditto for me too.

Robin,
A curves opened up near me, but I have not checked it out.
I am one of those people who join a gym and
end up not going.

When you have a chance please tell us about it.

Hugs Karen

dukedogsmom
01-15-2004, 10:53 PM
I've heard good things about them and they're in the town where I work. Glad you're feeling a little better. I've been living it up food wise on vacation but reality will hit hard when I get home and can't even fit in work pants! More power to you for getting started with that. Maybe I can, too.

trayi52
01-16-2004, 12:22 AM
Robin, I am so glad to hear you are feeling so much better! Like everybody said, this is the place to come and rant and rave if you want. We are all here for you.

I would love to get back into working out, I know it helps. I just can't get myself motivated to start working out.

I am so happy that you are doing this for yourself!

Willie

shais_mom
01-16-2004, 12:33 AM
Never Fear Robilee!! We are here for you!!!
I am glad you like Curves, we have one here opening in Feb. Tho if it is expensive not sure if I could go to it.
I am glad you are feeling better!!!
Take care of yourself!

Freckles
01-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by RobiLee
I joined Curves for Women yesterday. A workout place! I did my first workout yesterday and I LOVED it!!!!
P.S....I'm heading out the door now for my second workout!

I started Curves yesterday, too!! Second workout Sat.:)
It's moderate exercise; 30 seconds on ten machines alternating with walking/ running in place. Whole session is 30 minutes. Three times a week.

A Curves located with a mile?? That's a great walking distance!!:)

anna_66
01-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Robin,
I'm glad to hear that your slowly feeling better. I wish you didn't have such dark times, but I'm sure one day that will all be over.

I applaude you for joining Curves, it may be just what you needed:D