PDA

View Full Version : We've got a dog park!!!!!!!!!!

Tonya
01-15-2004, 09:07 AM
I'm soooo excited! There's been this huge useless piece of land for years in the middle of town. My brother and I were driving by it yesterday...and I go "There's been alot of dogs there lately."

Then the lightbulb went on! It's all grassy and fenced in! It's a dog park! YAY! Our first dog park within a hundred mile radius.

RobiLee
01-15-2004, 10:09 AM
OHHH.....I'm so jealous! I wish we had an off leash dog park here where I live. That is why I love it when we get to go to the Findlay dog park get togethers because it is so much fun for Katie to get to just run around and play with the other dogs and I love watching her.

Robin :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-15-2004, 11:50 AM
How exciting!! I am glad that you have been able to find one close to you. I bet your kids are going to be so excited about it.

Germany itself is big dog park. Dogs are not walked on leashes and are allowed to roam around freely. I was talking to Drake's new trainer and she: We think it is important for a dog to be able to walk around as it pleases and sniff, etc... I too think it is important, but go to a park, the woods, etc... not on the sidewalks where they could run into the streets. Even if the dog is well behaved a single noise may startle him and make him jump onto harms way with you not being able to contril him since he isn't on a leash.. To each their own....

ramanth
01-15-2004, 12:18 PM
Congrats Tonya! :D We expect pictures. ;)

KYS
01-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Very exciting!

Now we will be expecting pictures. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
01-15-2004, 06:33 PM
Awesome! :D
Mine love the dog park! When I put on their leashes on and say "Wanna go to the DOG park?" They run to the door. :D