PDA

View Full Version : Welcome my new cat!

nsweezie
01-15-2004, 05:53 AM
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted, mostly because, due to a move, I haven't had internet access at home (though the internet company says I should have service again by Monday).
I recently (as of a week ago) got a new cat. So that now makes 7 in our house. Of course 3 are my sisters (Monty, Mackie, Zoey) and 3 are mine (Scooter, Clyde and Freya). I had seen a picture of a gorgeous orange cat in the paper, in an advertisement for the local animal shelter. He looks just like my cat Scooter, and I have such a weakness for orange cats.
I went in to see the cat, and he had already been adpoted, BUT!! there was another orange cat there. And since I think that 7 cats isn't too many, I decided to take him.
He is very handsome, and huge, over 20 pounds of solid muscle. I have called him Odin, and he is such a sweetheart. He is a real cuddler, loves to sit on laps, and he can purr like no ones business. He is also very affectionate with the other cats, some of whom appreciate it, and some who don't. He is especially taken with Freya, he follows her around, and loves to play with her. And Freya is the boss of him, she is all of 5 pounds soaking wet, but she has a very strong personality, and she likes things done her way.
The animal shelter didn't know too much about Odin's old home, just that his old owners didn't want him anymore because he was a 'pest', and that he always was underfoot, begging for attention. How sad is that? But I hope to make it up to Odin, he has a home now forever, and I for one won't mind if he wants to be affectionate!
I promise pictures of him next week.

K & L
01-15-2004, 08:11 AM
I'm SO glad you took him in. Can't wait to see some pictures!

catnapper
01-15-2004, 08:18 AM
A Pest? Sounds like a perfectly loving cat to me. I'm so happy that he found a loving home that understands his need for attention and is able to supply all he needs!

HayleyRosie
01-15-2004, 09:16 AM
I'm looking forward to those pictures. Congratulations on the new addition.

catlover4ever
01-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Congratulations on Odin. I am eagerly awaiting pictures of this handsome orange baby boy. :)

Felicia's Mom
01-15-2004, 11:20 AM
He will be a lot happier with you, where he is wanted and loved. Hope to see pictures soon.

PayItForward
01-15-2004, 11:47 AM
Poor Odin..What a sad life :(

I bet he is happy to have found his furrever home, where wanting attention isn't a crime. :):(

jazzcat
01-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Congrats to you and Odin. I can't wait to see pics.

I just don't understand people, how could they give him up for wanting attention and call him a pest. GRRR!

Bless you for giving him a wonderful home, I'm sure he'll repay you tenfold with love!

NoahsMommy
01-15-2004, 12:23 PM
That's so great that he's found a furever home in you. :)

Cant wait to see pictures of this beautiful orangie. :)

Miss Meow
01-15-2004, 03:17 PM
Congratulations on your new addition! :D

I can't wait to see pictures of your handsome new orange boy. Shame on the last owners for saying he wanted attention; I know he'll get all the love and attention he craves in your home :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Welcome to Odin! He sounds like a real lovebug, and I guess one person's "pest" is another person's treasure. :D

jenluckenbach
01-15-2004, 05:45 PM
Great news!! Another perfect orangie finds a wonderful forever home!!! :D :D

kimlovescats
01-15-2004, 07:49 PM
So glad to hear that Odin now has a home where he will truly be appreciated!!! Can't wait to see pics!:)

catcrazylady
01-15-2004, 08:33 PM
He sounds so wonderful! Big, orange, and a LOVE MUFFIN!! How could anyone give that up?http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/confused.gif His previous owners stupidity sounds like a wonderful thing for you. Congratulations! Can't wait to see this guy!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

nsweezie
01-19-2004, 05:50 AM
Well, here he is! I'm very very happy with Odin, he is a wonderful addition to our household, and right now he is sitting on my lap, purring away. I know that he will be happy, because he has made me very happy.

catcrazylady
01-19-2004, 07:30 AM
OH WOW!! Odin is ADORABLE!! I love that splotch on the side of his nose! He looks very sleepy in that picture. I'm so happy for Odin that he has a place where his loving personality can be appreciated! Do you have any idea how old he is?
He just looks cuddly!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

sirrahbed
01-19-2004, 07:42 AM
OH!! He is ADORABLE. I happen to love orange males and think it is wonderful you now have this guy to snuggle to his (and your) hearts content. Congratulations!!!
Welcome ODIN:D

nsweezie
01-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Hi again!
Just wanted to let everyone know a bit more about Odin. He seems very settled now, he has found a place to sleep that none of the other cats know about. He likes to sleep on top of an old wardrobe. It's quite a jump to get up there, but he manages fine. A plus is that none of the other cats can jump that high.
The animal shelter told me that Odin is around 3 years old. He is very large, the biggest cat I've ever had but he doesn't use his size against the other cats, in fact he is a total gentleman.
Last night I had Odin laying next to me, Freya at my feet and Clyde wrapped around my head. Scooter, who doesn't really enjoy his brothers and sisters was asleep in his bed next to mine. It was HEAVEN!
Odin (and Freya) get their name from my fiance. He is from Norway, and we wanted to give the cats names that reflected that.
Thanks to everyone for the good wishes, and welcomes!

jazzcat
01-22-2004, 11:58 AM
He's adorable and I'm glad to hear he is adjusting so well.

Please post more pictures!

moosmom
01-22-2004, 12:40 PM
What a beautiful boy Odin is. I love the name! I cannot believe his former family called him a pest :eek: They sure don't know a lovebug when they see one.

ramanth
01-22-2004, 12:45 PM
Odin is adorable! I love his splotch of orange on his face too. :D

Congrats on finding him. :)

Killearn Kitties
01-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Welcome Odin!! What a handsome boy. You could snuggle on my lap and purr anytime.:D Glad you've found a good home now.

Hehe. 20lbs of purring furr on our lap. What bliss!

nsweezie
02-08-2004, 10:47 AM
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to let people know how Odin is doing.
He has settled in very nicely, and has become very attached to my fiance Henry. Odin loves to purr, and will purr even when he is alone. I found him in the bedroom yesterday sound asleep and still he was purring.
I still cannot believe that his original owners gave him up because he was too affetionate. To me that is his greatest asset. He loves to cuddle, and spends a lot of his time cleaning the other cats.
He has DEFINATLY found his forever home!:)

jazzcat
02-08-2004, 10:51 AM
That is wonderful news!!!

More pictures please!

Randi
02-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Welcome to you purring Odin. :) How lucky you found a loving family who can apppreciate you! :D You sure look cuddly.

Looking forward to hear more and see pics.

rg_girlca
02-08-2004, 11:51 AM
My sons cat Sades is always underfoot, wanting attention. He runs right in front of you, while crossing back and forth and in between your legs. I don't know how many times we have tripped over him. I call him a pest also, but I would never in a million years ever consider getting rid of him as he is such a lovebug.
It just boggles my mind how some people are.:mad:

I'm so glad that Odin has found such a loving, caring forever home with you nsweezie. He is so adorable.
Hope to see more pics of your sweet lovebug.

CatDad
02-08-2004, 02:03 PM
I missed this the first time around.:eek:

Odin is certainly a good looking boy. I am happy to hear that Odin has settled in and sounds like he is just one of the family.:)

I could believe that someone took him to a shelter, because he was too affectionate. Some people have there priorities all messed up.;)

Anyway, thanks for the update and I really think that we need more pictures of him.:)

Randy_K
02-09-2004, 08:59 AM
Who would want a pet that didn't want their attention? Odin will be much happier with you. He's such a handsome guy too.

catmandu
02-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Michael ,my resident Orangie , and the Cat that missed me the most , is so happy that you gave Big Odin , a chance , and that you will have years of happiness. Roscoe seconds this , too!!!!

catcrazylady
02-09-2004, 11:01 AM
Odin sounds like a dream!! So glad to hear how well everything has turned out.
More pictures of Odin would be wonderful!!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Steffi N
02-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Odin, did you know that you were named after the chief of the Norse gods. You are a very handsome boy and I would love to see more pictures of you. I am very happy that you are now in your forever home, where you can give and receive the love and attention you deserve so much.

nsweezie
02-18-2004, 12:23 AM
Here is another picture of Odin, with his sister Freya. They are both sitting on my fiance Henry, who they adore.
As a little side note, I think the reason I fell in love with my fiance was partly due to the way he treated my cats. He loves them so much, and is so kind and gentle to them that I knew he had a heart of gold!
Odin continues to do very well, he was at the vet for a check up, which he didn't like very much! The vet said he is a very healthy boy and he weighed in at 19 pounds! Thankfully the vet didn't think he was overweight, just very muscular!

Logan
02-18-2004, 05:28 AM
He is so handsome!!!!!! :) I do love those orange kitties!!!! :D

Pam
02-18-2004, 06:50 AM
Congratulations on your newest addition! It sounds like Odin has landed himself in a purrfect home where his affectionate little self can be appreciated! ;) Of course I couldn't help but notice a strong resemblance to one of my very favorite orange guys. He almost has the same markings as my Trevor. ;) Odin, purr to your heart's content, big boy, you are HOME! ;)

nsweezie
02-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Thanks for all the great comments! I must say I'm pretty flattered that Pam thinks Odin looks like Trevor. I've always thought that Trevor was one of the handsomest cats out there!
Right now Odin is asleep on the sofa, purring his heart out. I am so happy that he is mine and I think the other cats like having him around too.

amoore
02-24-2004, 04:12 PM
nsweezie, congratulations on your beautiful Odin! Sounds like he has found himself a very loving home!

:)