PDA

View Full Version : the case of the EX

tikeyas_mom
01-15-2004, 12:58 AM
I have been having feelings come up for my EX, ugh. It sucks. I just told him about it and he said that since we havent really had much contact in 2 years that things might have been different. He said he would take me to Grad, but I would feel weired, him knowing that I had feelings for him still.
I wish I hadent said anything to him.

Has anyone eles here had old feelings come back for their EX?

Like my friend Brandi says: "Ex's are Ex's for a reason."

Humph.
:o :o

binka_nugget
01-15-2004, 01:05 AM
Has anyone eles here had old feelings come back for their EX?

ah..yes. X and I were together back in grade 8/9. Then we broke it off and now we're 'flirting' again. It's kind of weird cause he has a girlfriend..:o

ramanth
01-15-2004, 08:13 AM
I often wonder what my Ex is up too but I don't think I have feelings for him anymore. I still care about him (to an extent because he was a real jerk) but any loving feelings I had for him PALE in comparison to how I feel about Andy.

I'm just smitten with him. :D

Unless you have a very understanding partner, I wouldn't be going places with your Ex. Just my opinion. :)

slick
01-15-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
Like my friend Brandi says: "Ex's are Ex's for a reason."

Humph.
:o :o
She's right. Trust me. This is the voice of experience talking. Leave him as an Ex. No good can come from trying to strike up a friendship again.

tikeyas_mom
01-15-2004, 10:42 AM
thanks for the advise. I am trying to get over him, it is really hard. ugh.

Nomilynn
01-15-2004, 02:16 PM
I don't know.. I had only feeling stir up for my first boyfriend, and I just went and talked to him about it. He didn't feel the same way, but he and I ended up being really great friends. We both started dating new people and we were all able to hang out together. I guess it depends on why you broke up.. our breakup wasn't about something mean or anything, we just grew apart.

lbaker
01-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Only in the last year or so have I been able to even SEE my X without throwing up, and this is after divorcing over 30 yrs ago. UGH

Moose
01-15-2004, 10:36 PM
I'm actually still really good friends with my Ex from high school. Our breakup was mutual and we kept it on good terms, so nothing was really lost. :) At first Josh was pretty unsure about my friendship with Brock [my ex], but they have actually become really good friends and we all hang out together a lot. :) If only every relationship ended that well. ;)

tikeyas_mom
01-15-2004, 10:53 PM
yeah well i broke up with him because we were going to different schools and stuff. :(.. meh

BCBlondie
01-16-2004, 02:53 AM
Aww that sucks... :(

My advice - Don't like him haha. I believe that all things happen for a reason and if you guys broke up there was a reason for it. ;)
After I broke up with my ex he kept bugging me (even though he was the one who wanted to break up first) and I sorta thought I started liking him again until he said some really disrespectful stuff to me and that just led me to believe that most guys are jerks haha. I don't talk to him anymore and I don't want to see his ugly face ever again.

Tina
01-16-2004, 08:12 AM
I sometimes think about my ex's time to time wondering what they are doing that is about it.

There has been a time though after I broke up with a ex and thought why did I do that? And I had some feelings for him still. But I never did tell him.

moosmom
01-16-2004, 10:58 AM
My ex-husband and I were thrown together after being divorced for over 20 years. He has remarried and his wife hates my guts. Long story, won't get into it.

In 1992, my daughter was diagnosed with brain cancer while visiting her grandparents in Florida over Christmas vacation (she was 16 at the time). I was forced to not only stay at his wife's parent's home, but I had to bunk with his wife!!! :eek: She snored so loud, she could suck the paint off the walls!!

Anyway, sorry, I got a little sidetracked. My ex and I were always able to talk to each other about our daughter. But everytime his wife got into the picture, which was MOST of the time (I couldn't even talk to him on the phone privately without her being on the extension) he would clam up (she seemed to intimidate him).

Peter and I pulled together for the sake of our daughter. We both made amends to each other for the wrongs we did in the past. It did bring us closer, but it also pissed off his wife who thought I was a threat to her marriage (believe me, I was NOT!).

The bottom line is, we got through it, my daughter has since been in remission for over 11 years now, and no matter what happens, BOTH of us will be there for her.

Because of Amy (my daughter), we will ALWAYS have a connection to each other. That does not mean that we have feelings for each other. It just means that over the years, we have matured and moved on with our lives.

Like BCBlondie said, and I totally agree, things happen for a reason.

tikeyas_mom
01-16-2004, 11:39 AM
thanks so much guys. it was really bothering me. I am glad i got it out.