PDA

View Full Version : Please say prayers for Christian (fyi, it's not REALLY REALLY bad)...

Christiansmommy
01-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Tomorrow morning he has to get his arm put in a cast. He had run into the couch (he gets in these running spurts) and was complaining of some pain in his hand/arm ( he is only about 2 1/2 so he couldnt tell me exactly what it felt like or what actually hurt). He is right handed, and won't use his right hand much. He cried intially, and then stopped and played the rest of the day...but still not using his right arm. So i took him to the pediatrician at around 4pm today and they said they thought it looked like a fracture (w/o doing an xray). So they sent me to a place to get the xray done and it turns out he has a fracture. So it is in a splint until tomorrow morning, until it can get casted. My poor baby. I feel so bad for him. Although, he is a trooper and isnt complaing about it hurting at all (maybe once or twice)...but other than that is playing like normal...so please think of us tomorrow morning (mommy is more nervous about all of this than he is, i am sure)...we are expecting alot of snow too, if so, my father in law will let us use his truck to take him to the doctors...so that is good.

Anyway, thanks...we both appreciate it :)

Robyn

GoldenRetrLuver
01-14-2004, 08:21 PM
Poor Christian. :(
He'll be in my thoughts. I hope he gets better soon!

Tonya
01-14-2004, 08:48 PM
Awww, poor Christian! I hope all goes well tomorrow.

lovemyshiba
01-14-2004, 08:52 PM
Poor baby:(

I will be thinking of you and Christian tomorrow--I'm sure you are more worried than he is--he might think a cast is pretty neat!!!

When I was 2, I broke my arm as well. I was standing on a chair in the kitchen, helping my daddy do dishes, and I fell. My little sling had green turtles all over it--I loved it!!!! I think it's still around somewhere too:)

I was so scared to open this thread, by the way.......

Make sure you take pictures of Christian with his little cast--he will probably be so proud of it.

Christiansmommy
01-14-2004, 08:56 PM
Thanks everyone.

Lovemyshiba...i changed the title of the thread a little, so that you all don't think that he had something really really bad happen when you open the thread...anyway, thanks, i appreciate everyone's concern.

Robyn

Miss Meow
01-14-2004, 09:02 PM
Lots of positive thoughts on the way. Can you draw a cat on his cast for me??? :)

lovemyshiba
01-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
Thanks everyone.

Lovemyshiba...i changed the title of the thread a little, so that you all don't think that he had something really really bad happen when you open the thread...anyway, thanks, i appreciate everyone's concern.

Robyn

:o :o :o :o :o

Ok, so I'm a bit of a drama queen--I was just scared something had happened to him.

Karen
01-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Wow, Christian, I am so jealous - I always WANTED a cast when I was a kid - a place where you could draw on yourself and not get in trouble. I always drew on my friend's casts - whatever they wanted me to draw.

Momma Robin, don't you fret - if you drive to Massachusetts, I'll draw a bunny on it for him! And you can put stickers on it, and the worst thing you have to worry about, depending on the cast, is it'll get itchy. I'm sure he'll be fine, and you will live through this!

Pam
01-14-2004, 09:37 PM
Like mother like son. What Christiansmommy didn't tell you is that she broke her arm at almost the same age as Christian. She was a little closer to 3 at the time. She put on a pair of my high heels and attempted to come down the stairs with them on. :eek: (I can barely do that myself even now! LOL!) Hers was a very bad break (it makes me shudder even now as I remember) as the bone was totally out of place. :eek: :eek:

Miss Meow I will see that a cat gets drawn on his cast for you! :) Thanks for prayers and good thoughts! :)

Christiansmommy
01-15-2004, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
:o :o :o :o :o

Ok, so I'm a bit of a drama queen--I was just scared something had happened to him.

No, not at all. I probably should have said that it wasn't life threatening to begin with...i would have been afraid to open it too ;) :)

Cookiebaker
01-15-2004, 06:05 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for little Christian. I hope everything goes well today!!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-15-2004, 06:09 AM
You and Christian are in my thoughts today. Glad that it isn't a terrible injury (not that a fracture is a good thing.) It will all be over with before you know it.

It probably won't itch too bad since the weather is cold now. Summers are the worst for a cast. I had a full leg cast in July of 2000. It was terrible!

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-15-2004, 06:54 AM
Prayers on the way for a super quick healing..

i know .. (well i don't really) that something like that is scary when it happens to your kids...

I agree with everyone else.. most kids think having a cast on is pretty cool... I broke my arm when I was six... and thoght it was real neat to have my friends sign it... and like lovemyshiba said... take pictures... I think he'll think it is cool ...:)

Logan
01-15-2004, 06:56 AM
Get well soon, Christian!!!! Your grandma told me what happened. I did lots of the same kind of thing when I was a little kid too! :o

And Robyn, good luck to you! Bath time used to the be the worst with a cast since you couldn't get them wet. I do think that things have improved a bit since I was a little kid, though!! :D

RockyRoad
01-15-2004, 08:00 AM
I'll be praying that Christian's arm will be better soon! :)
{{{Hugs}}}

RobiLee
01-15-2004, 08:13 AM
Awww...Christian, I 'm so sorry that this has happened. I know it will heal in no time at all though. You are such a good little trooper.

Robyn, I know this is probably harder on you than Christian. Hang in there, girl. Everything will be just fine. I'll be thinking of you guys today. Keep us posted.

Hugs to you both...Robin :)

P.S...Now do you see what you put your mom through when you had to go toddling off in those high heels. ;)

ramanth
01-15-2004, 08:18 AM
Awww! I hope his arm heals soon. Broken bones are NO fun. :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Poor little guy. :( But like everyone else says, he'll probably think it's really cool - especially when he gets it off and sees the pics. I never had a cast and my brother had one on each leg when he was real little so I was totally jealous. Except when the itchy part came. ;) :D

And as we know with the injured kittens we've seen here and how adaptable they are, amazingly enough skin kids are the same way which, I'm sure, is why he's playing as usual and only complaining a little. What a trooper.

Don't worry, Mom, he'll be fine. I just hope the snow and cold isn't too bad to make the trip to the doc a nightmare.

Good luck and Mom, be brave. We know Christian will be, we're just worried about you. ;) :D

catland
01-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Get well soon Christian - and don't chase after the kitties with your new reinforced arm.

:D

Christiansmommy
01-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Christian is home!! :) After finally finding an orthopedic doctor who took our insurance, we had an apt. scheduled for 10:30 am. (My husband is about to be hired by another company..so we will finally have excellent insurance!!)

Anyway, he did great through the appt. They put on a partial fiberglass cast instead of a full cast. B/c a child his age would be prone to take off the full cast, and then we would have to go back to have it re-casted. So the partial that he put on, if for some reason, he figures how to take it off, i can put it back on myself...he only needs it on for 3 weeks, since he is so young, his bones will heal quickly.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their positive thoughts and prayers. I will post a pick of him with his new cast a little later (and i can post a pic of the xray, if anyone is interested). :)

Robyn

PS I dont think he will chase the kittes with his new "club", but Dale, on the other hand, might think it is his new chew toy!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RobiLee
01-15-2004, 12:42 PM
Glad to hear you are home and that all is well. Thanks for the update.

Now, Dale...you be a good boy! That is not a chew toy! Behave yourself! If Dale is anything like Katie he will definitely be grabbing hold of it a couple times to see what he can do with it.

Robin :)