PDA

View Full Version : I'm the oldest person in the class!!!!

moosmom
01-14-2004, 07:33 PM
I started my EMT-B class at Henry Ford Community College last night. The instructor asked everyone to introduce themselves, tell of any previous experience as an EMT and why they are in the class.

When they got to me, I was the oldest chick in the class!! But I didn't care. I worked as an EMT for over 18 years in Connecticut and probably know more than anyone in the class!!

*pats self on back* Our class was canceled tonight because of snow (8 inches :eek: )

So, I am officially a HFCC student at the young age of 50!! :eek:

mugsy
01-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Dang you old coot!!! hehehehe just kidding.....I know you'll do fine!

Corinna
01-14-2004, 07:49 PM
Sounds like you are enjoying class . I m glad you decided to go and do it. Go for it lady.

jenluckenbach
01-14-2004, 08:11 PM
50? :eek: j/k :D

Have fun and learn things(I love to tell school kids that) :p

Aspen and Misty
01-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

Have fun and learn things(I love to tell school kids that) :p

::sigh:: Momma Jen you know I don't EVER learn anything :p

Congrats! I think school is great (::evil laugh::) It really is great that you are going back and learning more!!!

Ashley

Karen
01-14-2004, 09:21 PM
You are at least 20 years younger than some of my college classmates, not to worry! I think the average age for a freshman at Mass Art when I went there was something like 27. The majority of us were 17 or 18, but there were enough scattered between 25 and 75 to skew it upwards of normal! ;)

slick
01-14-2004, 10:18 PM
You are never too old to learn Donna. I admire you. :) :)

ramanth
01-15-2004, 08:08 AM
My co-worker just started law school here and he's likely the oldest person in his classes. :) Nothing wrong with going back and furthering your education!

My friend's mom went back for her Masters degree around the age of 50. :D

I'm considering going back for a Bachelors. :)

G.P.girl
01-15-2004, 08:49 AM
good foe you...there was some quote that went with this.....i can't remember it though...darn it! i'm the oldest in my class!:D i'm a more than ayear older than some of them.(no i didn't flunk ;))

amoore
01-15-2004, 02:02 PM
I like hanging out with young people I think They make me feel younger somtimes.:D I like hanging out with all ages, Keeps life interesting.

I'm proud of you for going after what you want!:)

shais_mom
01-16-2004, 12:54 AM
Good for you Donna!!!!
you
go
girl!!
;)

trayi52
01-16-2004, 01:52 AM
I think its great that you are doing this, fact is I think it is wonderful!

Have fun learning as Jen said, and your not too old. I went back to school a couple of years ago, I felt like old, the other students were all so young. I had to stop going for a while after I fell and got broken. LOL. Couldn't drive with a broke foot. I told everybody I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I am 51, so I still have time before I grow up. ;) I haven't went back yet.:(

I am just so proud of you!

Willie

moosmom
01-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the encouragement everybody!! It's been 6 years since my last refresher class and the book THEN was half the size of the book now and the title is different!!

My brain is fried. But I know I can do this. It's just a matter of keeping with it.

Time to hit the books (I've got 5 chapters to cover!!). You guys are the BEST!!