PDA

View Full Version : THURSDAY #37 - Roaches and Foxxes

Pages : [1] 2

RICHARD
01-14-2004, 02:34 PM
LOL,

I was reading a site about what happened "ON THIS DATE"

Hal Roach, the film maker was born in 1892-
He made great films--Laurel and Hardy, Our Gang......

And the other tidbit was about Redd Foxx, He began the
TV series, 'Sanford and Son' on this date....He also made funny
'party albums' - these days you can pick up ANY comic album and hear all the swearing you want. In the 'old days' you would get these records from 'somebody's uncle' and play them when your parents weren't home, laugh and giggle over the words coming out of your parent's stereo.........

what was nasty then is nothing today....same words, different time...:confused:

So we'll start out with the DOTD...

Foxy Lady

Recipe: 1 oz Malibu, 1/4 oz Chocolate Almond liqueur, 1/2 oz Amaretto and fill with cream.
Shake and serve over ice in a tall highball glass or goblet.

lbaker
01-14-2004, 02:55 PM
Great, now I'm going to be singing FOXY LADY like Jimi Hendrix and playing air guitar for the next few days :rolleyes: Oh well, people around me already think I'm nutz. That does sound delish though. Allow me to be the first to try it! I'll let the - ahem "others" know if I give my stamp of approval ;) Good thing cyber-drinks don't have calories eh?

catland
01-14-2004, 02:57 PM
I'll have one Foxy Lady.;)

Regarding your new signature about openning cans - a few weeks back when my brother was feeding my cats for me he first located the can of cat food. He then spent the next five minutes trying to find the can-opener. Once having found said can-opener - he looked at the cat food to discover that it had a pull-tab top.:D :p

slick
01-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Good grief Charlie Brown I didn't even know the bar was open yet.

I don't need a Foxy Lady.....I'm foxy and sweet enough as it is :D :D

OK, back to reality.:rolleyes: Don't know if I should drink today. Tomorrow I'm going for a cardiac ultrasound. Maybe I should just stick to virgin BM for now, heavy on the tobasco and 2 celery sticks please. Thanks Richard.

Catland: too funny. :D :D

momoffuzzyfaces
01-14-2004, 03:07 PM
Could I have a cherry limeade, please? The weather has been wonderful here the last few days and I feel springy! It's supposed to go down hill from today and maybe snow by the weekend. Bummer!:D

RICHARD
01-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Great, now I'm going to be singing FOXY LADY like Jimi Hendrix and playing air guitar for the next few days :rolleyes:

Just remember, Hendrix was left handed.:p

Foxy lady for you!

DONE!

Catland,

As a man I understand the problem.....Shiny things and instructions confuse the heck out of me....:rolleyes:

A Foxy Lady for you!

DONE!

Slick,

THIS HAD BETTER BE A CHECKUP!!!!

Virgin BM.....extra celery.....DONE!

MOFF,
I ditched work and had a BBQ yesterday afternoon.....in my shorts and tank top.

I HATE WINTER!!!!!

A tall cherry Limeade for you!!

DONE!!!

;)

trayi52
01-14-2004, 03:28 PM
Richard the foxy lady sounds good, but could you make one and call it foxy gentleman for me? Whatever mix it up, give me several, I think I need it......

Willie

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-14-2004, 03:40 PM
I'm kinda busy at work (and adding myself to my avatar - who's idea was that? Took me all afternoon between trying to look busy 'cause the boss is here ;) ) so I can't join in too much yet, but I'll take one of those Foxy Ladies. Nice thing about cyber drinks is you can drink them when the boss is present. ;) :p

RICHARD
01-14-2004, 04:16 PM
Tray and T&P

Two Foxy Ladies!!!!!

DONE!:D

Miss Meow
01-14-2004, 04:30 PM
Hi ho you early openers!

I remember seeing some live Jimi footage, and thinking that something was weird because the word 'Fender' was upside-down on his guitar. Later learned it was because no one made left-handed guitars at that time :o

A Foxy Lady please! And something biscuity and chocolatey on the side ;)

RICHARD
01-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Hi ho you early openers!

I remember seeing some live Jimi footage, and thinking that something was weird because the word 'Fender' was upside-down on his guitar. Later learned it was because no one made left-handed guitars at that time :o

A Foxy Lady please! And something biscuity and chocolatey on the side ;)

He played the "aussie model" - Remember, we are downside-up
on this side of the planet.

Foxy Lady.....

DONE!

I looked in the back and we have some Nutella and toast
....will that do?

mugsy
01-14-2004, 04:48 PM
YUM!!! I'll try one of those Foxy Ladys!!! Thanks Richard.

slick....good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes.

RICHARD
01-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
YUM!!! I'll try one of those Foxy Ladys!!! Thanks Richard.

slick....good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes.

After the game on sunday.........

DONE!!!

4th and 26?? how did THAT happen?:confused:

Corinna
01-14-2004, 05:41 PM
Glad to see this place open I finally cleaned the kids room 2 of my Montero loads full ,to the dump. I'm done and done in. How about a hot buttered rum it's still cold here but warming up 29 degrees but lots of fog.

Dogz
01-14-2004, 05:59 PM
You all missed me, right?;)

I haven't been posting much on the Thursday threads, but I missed them, so I decided to stop by.

I am thirsty, could I have some kind of yummy juice?:p Yeah, I love juice.:rolleyes: ;)

amoore
01-14-2004, 05:59 PM
Howdy every one!:D

Richard could I have a Corona?
Mahayana wants a Stroh's.

Corinna would you like a corona? :D

Slick I hope you are ok.

Tray, I saw your monkey today!

Miss Meow
01-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I looked in the back and we have some Nutella and toast
....will that do?

You are speaking my language! There is always a jumbo jar of Nutella in our house. For toast, or for those days I'm out of chocolate!

RICHARD
01-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Glad to see this place open I finally cleaned the kids room 2 of my Montero loads full ,to the dump. I'm done and done in. How about a hot buttered rum it's still cold here but warming up 29 degrees but lots of fog.

Corrina, Corona....

Hot buttered rum.....

DONE!!

Dogz,

Would cranberry/apple be o.k.???

you can change your order...

Amoore,

Corona, Lime???

DONE

Mahayana,

Stroh's.....there's a beer I haven't had ordered here yet...

DONE!!

Tray,

behave yourself......

Miss Meow,

Someone sent me this...

EVERY TIME I HEAR THE DIRTY WORD "EXERCISE" I WASH MY MOUTH OUT WITH CHOCOLATE.

Why do I get the image of you standing next to the cupboards with your pinky in the jar......;)

DONE!

amoore
01-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Yes I would like lime too . Thanks Richard!:D

Dogz
01-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Yes, that sounds good, Richard. You always know how to get the order done well.:)

*slurp*

Ahhhhh.

;)

trayi52
01-14-2004, 06:54 PM
I been asleep somebody say something about my monkey??

I would like to have a Hot Buttered Rum too. Sounds so good.....

I will try and behave. *crosses fingers behind back*
Honest I will!!

Willie

:D

lovemyshiba
01-14-2004, 07:15 PM
Hi everyone!!!!!

It's freezing here, and snowing like crazy, but I would like some kind of frozen slushy drink please!!!

Slick-
I will be thinking of you tomorrow--hope everything goes ok!!!

Could someone tell me what Nutella is??:confused:

trayi52
01-14-2004, 07:21 PM
HUH???????????:confused:

slick
01-14-2004, 07:24 PM
OK, so the end of the fiscal year is Jan 31 and yet once again I have the pleasure of sitting down with the big bosses and figuring out my achievements for the year and at the end of it all, whether or not I get a raise. God I hate this time of year.:mad: :mad: After 18 yrs on the job I think I deserve a shorter version of the questionnaire.

So before I start in on this 4 page document, I'll take another virgin BM and make it a double.

Let's see now, what is one of my significant achievements that demonstrated the values and competencies???? I know....

I showed up for work everyday :) :)

mugsy
01-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Nutella is a hazelnut/chocolate spread for toast....good stuff Maynard!

amoore
01-14-2004, 07:34 PM
Hey !ann is looking all around Where is my corona?

Willie! your monkey has my beer! :eek:

What does he do when he has had a beer?

:confused:mugsey, do you see that monkey or am I drunk?:eek:

trayi52
01-14-2004, 07:38 PM
Mugsy you are so smart, I had no idea what that was.. does that mean I'm dumb????:confused: ;)

Slick showing for work is a great accomplishment! I would honestly have to have a nightime job anymore, I just cannot get my **** together until about 11 in the morning. I am a nightowl.

More to drink!! How about one of those coronas Ann????

Willie

trayi52
01-14-2004, 07:40 PM
I forgot to tell you guys that Mario likes his beer!! Watch out! Don't set your drinks down or he will have them. He is a thief!

;)

Corinna
01-14-2004, 07:46 PM
I found out about the heaven of Nutella acouple years ago . We were hosting one of the Up with People cast members ,she was from Belgium . She and I went shopping and she was so excited about finding it . So the next morning Ann and I and the jar went to a friends fresh bakery for croconts and nutella . What an experance!!!!! I was in Heaven.

mugsy
01-14-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Mugsy you are so smart, I had no idea what that was.. does that mean I'm dumb????:confused: ;)

Willie

Hardly!!! I just know because I bought some in Wisconsin and fell in love!!

You're hardly dumb and I'm hardly smart!! hehee

trayi52
01-14-2004, 07:55 PM
That just sounds so good, hazelnut/chocolate spread.... wow do we have any of that around??? I love chocolate and hazelnut. It sounds like pure heaven..........with toast.

Willie

amoore
01-14-2004, 07:58 PM
yes I need another corona with lime ....Yummy !
This time I will keep both hands on it! That little monkey already has his eyes on my hands !:eek:

Thanks Willie for the beer.:D

Corinna
01-14-2004, 08:03 PM
Ok I'm lost now where did this monkey come from and when did you get it?

Miss Meow
01-14-2004, 08:12 PM
Why do I get the image of you standing next to the cupboards with your pinky in the jar......;)

DONE!

Nooooo, I stand next to the pinky cupboards with a big spoon in the jar! :D

I think I need another foxy lady with my lunch ;)

trayi52
01-14-2004, 08:15 PM
Well you see I was walking down this road one day.......

Well it is a very long story, lol. Its about 16 or 17 years long! The story.. ;)

Willie

amoore
01-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Nooooo, I stand next to the pinky cupboards with a big spoon in the jar!

Miss Meow, That must be cute!:D

Can I have a spoon too?:D

Willie, Your monkey is behind the bar now opening bottles!:eek:

Where did Richard go?

slick
01-14-2004, 08:24 PM
Here are some new buzz words of the day:

malternatives:

Any of the "alternative malt beverages" that have exploded onto the alcoholic beverage scene. Includes "hard" lemonades, fruit coolers and most drinks that have the word "Ice" tacked onto their name. Also known as alcohol pops or "alcopops."

Mensa-pause:

A hot flash caused by deep, profound thinking. "I had a Mensa-pause during today's math test."

And with that being my final word of the night, I'm going home. Be good and don't forget to turn out lights and blow out the candles.

amoore
01-14-2004, 08:31 PM
Slick, I think I had one of those this morning! (Menopause moment) Sombody left a message giving me heck!

Slick, take care.:)

trayi52
01-14-2004, 08:31 PM
Shussh! Don't tell Richard that Mario is mine and drinking everything!!

amoore
01-14-2004, 08:37 PM
Shussh! Don't tell Richard that Mario is mine and drinking everything!!

I can just see Richard gritting his teeth at mario when he sees all thoese bottles open:eek:

mugsy
01-14-2004, 08:43 PM
Nutella is really awesome, but not too great for the diet! ;)

I sure wish you hadn't brought that up....that stuff is addicting....don't serve it to the monkey.:p :D

The website is www.nutella.com but it's not in English. You would at least be able to see what the jar looks like so you could look for it.

Miss Meow
01-14-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by amoore
Miss Meow, That must be cute!:D

Can I have a spoon too?:D

Willie, Your monkey is behind the bar now opening bottles!:eek:

Where did Richard go?

I'll get you your very own spoon! But I take no responsibility for weight gain (the stuff is loaded with fat and sugar!!!) or monkey fur in the jar ;)

amoore
01-14-2004, 09:00 PM
I had some Nutella before that Mahayana's twin sister left in my fridge, It was divine! Yummy!

Thanks for the spoonful!:D Your a sweetie!

Monkey fur?:eek:

lovemyshiba
01-14-2004, 09:00 PM
Oooooh--Nutella sounds awesome!!! I'll have to look for it:)

As I mentioned earlier, we are getting a TON of snow--the news keeps saying 2-4 inches, but we're already over 6--the dogs are loving it!!!!!

I'm not going anywhere, until I have to work tomorrow!!

amoore
01-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Lovemyshiba, I sure wish we could get some snow this year! :(

Could you send some of your snow here?:D

Cincy'sMom
01-14-2004, 09:51 PM
I was just going to see if I couldn't get the bar open :)

Nutella is great!! I have a recipe (somewhere!) for a candy made with that and hazelnut liquor!

I think I'd like to try a DOTD please :) And I'd like to make a toast to my new niece, Jasmine Marie

trayi52
01-14-2004, 09:59 PM
To Jasmine Marie!!!!! May her daddy enjoy her as long as he can before he has to leave, and may he come home safe!!!:)

amoore
01-14-2004, 10:10 PM
Cincy's Mom, I'm such a begger. Could I have that recipe When you find it?

trayi52 To Jasmine Marie!!!!! May her daddy enjoy her as long as he can before he has to leave, and may he come home safe!!!

You said that right willie! :)

dukedogsmom
01-14-2004, 11:03 PM
I'll have a DOTD also because I'm celebrating getting to see snow! It's just started snowing here in MD and tomorrow morning we're supposed to have 3-4 inches. Makes this Florida gal very happy. I want to build a snowman but don't think that's going to happen so I'll build a snowball man :D

lovemyshiba
01-14-2004, 11:10 PM
Oh yes, a toast to little Jasmine Marie!!!!!!!!!

Val, I'm glad you're getting to see snow--I don't know how much Maryland is getting, but be careful if you travel.

I'm not quite ready to send any away yet, but ask me in another month or so--I should be sick of it by then!!!!:)

trayi52
01-14-2004, 11:12 PM
Woman, are you still in Maryland?? And you are getting to see snow? Well that does it... how long are you staying? You have been there forever!!

I will take a foxy lady, and make it a double!!

Willie

dukedogsmom
01-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Been here since the afternoon of the 8th and am not leaving until the 18. I've had to wait a week to see snow! I can't wait to see how it looks in the morning. I feel like it's Christmas, I'm so excited.

lbaker
01-15-2004, 06:33 AM
DDMom, where in MD? I'm right outside DC and hardly a dusting of snow this a.m. Mario, get your sneaky little hands out of there!!! Are you close to DC? Wanna meet up before you leave? mmmmm FOXY LADY! I'll have another iffen you don't mind Richard. sub-freezing here and you're in a t-shirt! RATS :p

slick
01-15-2004, 07:35 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!! I see the party was pretty quiet last night. It's just after 5:30am here and it's already 8 deg cel so we are back to our usual raining, muggy day. Nothing to drink for me yet. My ultra-sound is at 8am so I'll check in after for a cold one. For now, just some orange juice.

amoore
01-15-2004, 07:39 AM
Good morning everyone!

Any coffee around here? I will fix a pot of coffee, I don't see any here.

Anyone Awake?:D

Slick, I'm glad to see you are here! Let us know how your test comes out. :)

gini
01-15-2004, 10:26 AM
Good morning everyone, I just spent a half hour or better reading the Lut thread - and it made me so depressed that I thought I had better high tail it over here to get cheered up.

Oh, who made the fresh pot of coffee? Bless them! Now if some of that Nutella and toast can be found, I will be one happy camper.

somebody just came over and said Hi, I am Mario. Who is this guy and get out of my toast!

catland
01-15-2004, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the coffee Amoore - you wont mind if I pour a little Irish Cream into mine?

Hope you're ok Slick. I'll have a BM for you

:)

Cataholic
01-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Nutella? Nutella? What is it? It doesn't sound healthy, now, does it? I think I will go have another ten cups of coffee.....

And, what is it about our friendly neighbors south of the MD line? Snow, snow, snow..blah. Take it all back with you, and give me temps that I can't see my breath in!

gini
01-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Hmmm, a glance at the clock tells me that Slick is having her ultrasound right now.

Hey - everyone in the bar........let's raise our cups and glasses in a toast for our Slick - that she is alright.

And that we are sending her big hugs right this minute.

gini
01-15-2004, 10:46 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cataholic
[B]Nutella? Nutella? What is it? It doesn't sound healthy, now, does it?

There are things in life that are just terrible for the body - but are absolutely fabulous for the soul!:D :D

lbaker
01-15-2004, 10:47 AM
TO SLICK! HERE'S LOOKING AT YOU KID!

RICHARD
01-15-2004, 10:58 AM
good morning every one.....

whoa! I just went thru the postings since I left last night and ....

Nutella......It's chocolate silk...i take a shot of Frangelico over vanilla ice cream, then a little Nutella- nuke it and drizzle over ice cream........................

http://www.frangelico.com/

I go into a coma for about 4 hours and all is well............

LOL,

I am going to do a en masse "DONE".....you guy post faster than I can pour......let me catch up......

P.s. keep your eyes peeled....slick should be back after lunch sometime...

slick
01-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Well looky here....it's only 9am and you've got me in tears already. :( Thanks guys. You are all so special to me.

It looks like I may have a leaky valve but I'm not getting all worried about it. I have an appt with the cardiologist on Feb 9 and we'll see what he has to say. Enough of that. This is supposed to be a fun place.

Catland or Richard please toss a drink out to all the patrons and put it on my tab. Since I paid it off in December, might as well start filling it up again. :) :) Me?? I'll take a double-shot BM. Thanks.

Who's Mario????:confused: :confused:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Here's to Slick! <raises glass high - even though it's empty. Richard can I have another DOTD please?>

I've had one of these tests done and the test itself is a piece of cake, it's the results that you need to be wary of. Here's hoping her results are just fine with no blockage in site! :)

catland
01-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Slick -

Well, the fact that you have an appointment next month and not tomorrow should mean that you're doing ok.

Double BM - done.

Everyone else - Slick is buying so shimmy up to the bar and place your order. But leave Mario in the L&F.

gini
01-15-2004, 11:14 AM
Hey, Slick - glad to see you here with your usual B/M.

oh lord, her tab is already outrageous and it is only 1/15/2004.

Everyone is talking about snow.........Richard, have you looked outside yet? This is why they hate us Californian's.....or "one" of the reasons.

I am sticking with the coffee for now - but I plan on having that Frangelico thingy for lunch!!

Have any of you had Frangelico? Ummmmm it is so good!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-15-2004, 11:15 AM
Gee, Slick, I don't even get to post a toast to you and you're responding already - actually before me! humph :p

But like catland says, the appt next month means it's not life threatenting, which is a real good thing. I mean really, just how boring would the Thursdays be without you! :eek: :eek: Ok, enough of that, Slick's buying I'm drinking! Who cares that I have to do W-2's this afternoon. So what if everyone's income is on someone else's W-2? What's a little income between employees anyway?

Richard, make mine a double! :D

lovemyshiba
01-15-2004, 11:23 AM
Hi everyone!!!

Slick, glad to hear the test is over.

After all of the shoveling this morning, I'll take anything warm...brrrrrrrrrrr

Can we send Mario out to get some wood for the fire--he must be good for something :)

lbaker
01-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Mario would probably end up piling the wood on the roof (along with a few bottles he's already stashed up there) :rolleyes: Sit down and relax Slick, I'll wait on you today. Anything special for lunch that you'd like?

RICHARD
01-15-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Richard, make mine a double! :D

since a Foxy Lady is a ten....

You get a 20!!!

DONE.

Good work, slick.

LMS,

How's about a hot chocolate for starters?

DONE

Gini,

Cafe for you!

DONE!

Barbara
01-15-2004, 11:32 AM

I go into a coma for about 4 hours and all is well............

Don't do that. We are afraid of what you might dream then.

slick
01-15-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
:D :D LMAO!!! Thanks for the offer Laurie but I'm all pumped today. *wink wink* one month today......and we party together :D :D

Corinna
01-15-2004, 11:38 AM
Good morning all You really want snow ! Please come get all of mine. I have about had it . Isn't it about time for our next plane trip?
I will have an orange juice too.
Had any one heard from catmandu and how his feet are doing?
Mario get out of my cookies they are suar free you wouldn't want them.

RICHARD
01-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Barbara

LOL,

Welcome to the bar...

Please, pull up a seat.......what would you like?

Corrina,

Orange Juice..

DONE!

slick
01-15-2004, 11:43 AM
Ahem....can we please stop and send out best wishes to

Gary (Catmandu) - I've read the thread and his toes are going under the knife. He doesn't visit Thursday's but that doesn't mean that we can't wish him well.

Catland's Jan - Let's all raise and glass and here's hoping the blood tests come back with nothing serious.

Any others that I missed??

lbaker
01-15-2004, 11:44 AM
A month from today and I bet Seattle will never be the same... heh heh heh. Slick & Laurie out on the town, the mind fairly boggles. woo hoo :D

Corinna
01-15-2004, 11:50 AM
They couldn't make it worse. But the thought of them at Pike Place market is quote disturbing.
You guys have to visit the "Ye olde curosity Shop " it's on the waterfront , you'll love all the werid stuff.
Hubby and I used to take the kids to seattle once a month to a different area. Kind miss that stuff but kids grwon and now we go animal photo shots in stead ALONE , YEAH!!!!!!

gini
01-15-2004, 11:50 AM
makes mental note to write Seattle spaceneedle - asking them to "close" that weekend - too dangerous1

Corinna
01-15-2004, 11:55 AM
I'm not so concerned about the space needle but the aquarium with its underground tanks could be a problem.

amoore
01-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Slick, I'm so happy you made it back here! :D

Richard, don't go into a coma It might be Mario and Eddie in your dreams!:eek:

Frangelico? what is that? Is it good? Tell Me more about that.:)

I hope Catmandu will be ok. He is a sweet person.:)

lbaker
01-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Has anyone p.m'd Gary? Don't know him very well but his warmth comes through loud & clear

Let's see, my conference usually has about 5,000 scientists and engineers (mostly men) attending. We may not get a whole lot of touristy sight seeing done (heh heh heh)

slick
01-15-2004, 12:09 PM
Hey guys, we're only having dinner together......

and then.....maybe......well.......we'll see :D :D

5,000 men eh?????

gini
01-15-2004, 12:25 PM
Has anyone p.m'd Gary? Don't know him very well but his warmth comes through loud & clear

Let's see, my conference usually has about 5,000 scientists and engineers (mostly men) attending. We may not get a whole lot of touristy sight seeing done (heh heh heh)

THAT DOES IT! I AM COMING UP THERE............(hmmm, scientists and engineers though).

Laurie there is a whole thread and Jen Luckenbach is organizing cards to send to him at the hospital. He goes in tomorrow and won't have internet access for a month.

I don't recall where that thread is though.......cat health? I will look.

lovemyshiba
01-15-2004, 01:22 PM
uuugh!
This whole Lut thread has me so mad--I don't even know why.

I don't drink, but give me something, and make it a double!!!

catland
01-15-2004, 01:32 PM
hey shiba - great minds think alike.

gosh - I don't really know Gary - but good thoughts and prayers on the way.

Gini - I'm married to an engineer - boy does he like to drive those trains.;)

momoffuzzyfaces
01-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Richard, I need a refill on my cherry limeade, please. The other one was SOOO good.

um, why is there a monkey in here? and why is he smiling at me like that? :D

lbaker
01-15-2004, 01:51 PM
I've heard of having a monkey on your back but a monkey on your BAR? :eek: MARIO! Just take some cherries and one of Slicks celery stalks and get back in the L&F where you can stay out of trouble. MARIO! Put those slippers away! MARIO! Give Gini back her purse! Really Tray, doesn't he need to go out for walkies by now ;)

RICHARD
01-15-2004, 01:56 PM

Frangelico? what is that? Is it good? Tell Me more about that.:)

it's a hazelnut liquer.....very tasty.......:D

MOFF,

Cherry Limeade.....

DONE.

I hope Catmandu is alright.......

RICHARD
01-15-2004, 02:01 PM
What is going on???

the YEAR OF THE MONKEY doesn't start until the 22nd...

amoore
01-15-2004, 02:12 PM
Richard, I like hazel nut flavored coffee. I think I would like Frangelico! Sounds yummy.

Did anyone ever see that old movie" Monkey Bussiness"? It is a really old movie. Very funny one.:D

lovemyshiba
01-15-2004, 02:17 PM
What is going on???

the YEAR OF THE MONKEY doesn't start until the 22nd...

I suppose we'll have to have a real celebration for Mario then!!!!!!!

I have to leave for work--has anyone seen my car keys??

trayi52
01-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Wow, I just got here! I see Mario is already here! Watch when he smiles at you like that, that means he's in love. He is probably carrying the cookies to the roof, no telling what he has stashed up there! He is a theif so keep your pocket books close to you!

Everybody been partying without me?

Slick I hope you are going to be okay. So you don't think there is anything for us to worry about?

I'll have DOTD, and make it a double! Give Mario a beer and maybe he'll sleep for a while!

Mario stop flirting with the ladies!!

You think he is the one that has been making all those strange sound in the lost and found? Maybe thats why the haz mat guy was so willing to get out of there!

lbaker
01-15-2004, 02:18 PM
LMShiba, look up on the roof - bet your keys are up there :rolleyes: ;)

RICHARD
01-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Richard, I like hazel nut flavored coffee. I think I would like Frangelico! Sounds yummy.

It is.....

DONE!

LMS...

We are not liable for lost, damaged........

Let me get the ladder.....:eek:

Tray,

Double DOTD....

Ah, against my better judgement.....Beer for Mario.....

DONE!

DONE!

gini
01-15-2004, 02:32 PM
Wow, someone on the board has a knotty stool:D :D - what do you do for that condition?

I am back for my lunch time Frangelico and ice cream and Nutella topping.

Boy, the air is sure better over here today - Oh, that's because Mario is on the roof!!

lbaker
01-15-2004, 02:38 PM
Gini, maybe someone was "trolling" for someplace to sit whilst taking a time out ;)

Miss Meow
01-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by gini
Wow, someone on the board has a knotty stool:D :D - what do you do for that condition?

Boy, the air is sure better over here today - Oh, that's because Mario is on the roof!!

Gini, you should run a restaurant if you can concoct dreamy food like that!!! I'll have one too! :)

Knotty stools ... is there a big bottle of cod liver oil in the back room? ;)

amoore
01-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Wow ! thanks Richard, That is yummy!:D

Knotty stool?:D

Do you think willie's monkeyMario, being outside on the roof made it smell better in here? I seen Mario up there with a lot of keys. I guess he doesn't want his friends to drive drunk. :D

RICHARD
01-15-2004, 02:43 PM

sitz bath??

Ice cream, Frangelico and Nutella.....

Coma....Ah, I mean....

DONE!

RICHARD
01-15-2004, 02:46 PM
MM,

A Gini's Special......

Lol, I'll put out the fondue pot with warm Nutella in it...

DONE....

I have shots of Cod Liver Oil for anyone interested..:eek:

tatsxxx11
01-15-2004, 02:48 PM
I got myself so worked up over Knotty Stool's toady remarks that I had to go out for a breath of fresh air. What was I thinking? It's no degrees out!...Then I made the mistake of licking my lips, now my mouth's frozen shut.:eek: I need something hot, hot, hot (liquid!) How about a hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps? Please??? And a straw. Ouch!:D Thanks! And I'll skip the Cod Liver oil this time; the out end is working fine:D

catland
01-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Does this now mean I can order a BM with a KS chaser?:eek:

lbaker
01-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Speaking of "toady" remarks, Sipowitz could advise Mario how a real gentleman should act at the bar. Sipowitz is quite refined :cool:

slick
01-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Well, I'm totalling lost now......I'll go back and read all the posts later. For now I'll try the DOTD. I normally don't like sweet drinks, but you just gotta try everything just once.

It's a busy day here at work so will try to check in from time to time.

And I keep asking.....Who is Mario??????? Is he single?????

lbaker
01-15-2004, 03:07 PM
If I remember correctly he is a widower Slick, right Tray?

RICHARD
01-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
How about a hot chocolate with peppermint shnapps? Please??? And a straw. Ouch!:D Thanks! And I'll skip the Cod Liver oil this time; the out end is working fine:D

Hot choco and schnapps...

CATLAND...

NO you can't..:D

BM...
DONE!

Slick,

A DOTD for you

DONE!

Mario's a monkey and why are ALL my comments put up to such scrutiny....;)

amoore
01-15-2004, 03:13 PM
Slick Marios wife died last year. Yes he is single.:D His wife wore diapers. He is one of those kind of men that gets on your nerves.:D

Sipoweitz has been hiding since he saw mario. He is afraid Mario Might eat frogleggs.:eek:

trayi52
01-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Well I have been to a certain thread, it contained a troll, which I missed out on completely, now I have to go back to reading The Three Billy Goat Gruffs! I didn't get to see a real troll!

Oh, yes Mario is a widower, he is very lonesome and looking, of course he is a theif, if you like theives, he's your man, monkey, whats-you-ma-call-it.......

Ann, don't let sip around Mario, as he has a thing about frogs and lizards!

I need a triple this time, I would like it to keep coming until I pass out, and I don't care if its healthy or not. that other stuff sounds really tasty the nutella or whatever.

So before I pass out, please don't step on me, do not let Mario deflea my head, he is really good at that by the way!

Willie

amoore
01-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Sipoweitz says long as its fleas and not frogs. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-15-2004, 03:48 PM

:D :D :D ROTFLMAO! God I love Thursdays! :D

Took me awhile because I haven't had enough drinks yet today, but I eventually got it. :D

Slick, you might want to look out for Mario. Sounds like he might remind you of some of your former men friends. You know, the ones you swore you'd never go out with "that" kind of guy again? ;) I mean, I'm sorry his wife died and all...but I'd still be a little leary. Stick to those 5000 scientists and engineers you'll be meeting next month. :D

Speaking of Sipowitz, someone emailed me a cartoon of people sitting in a fancy restaraunt eating frogs legs, and a bunch of frogs tooling around in wheelchairs....you know, 'cause they had no legs? It was cute, but I thought people might be offended so I didn't post it here. :)

Tats, I heard if you kiss a frog your lips will immediately thaw out - and you'll end up with Prince Charming. Gonna give it a try with the Sipster? :D

Oops, almost forgot. I'll have another one of those DOTD's Richard. Yummy, but I think this'll be my last one because the sweetness is going to my head.

trayi52
01-15-2004, 03:49 PM
On second thought, let Mario deflea my head, it is pretty relaxing, even if you don't got fleas....;)

catland
01-15-2004, 03:52 PM
hmmm... Mario... say, doesn't he have a brother?

momoffuzzyfaces
01-15-2004, 03:55 PM
What is going on???

the YEAR OF THE MONKEY doesn't start until the 22nd... Which happens to be a Thursday! Monkey Party!!!!
Mario can be the guest of honor!

Can I have a cheese and black olive and mushroon pizza? I haven't eaten all day and am STARVED!!!! and another refill on my cherry limeade please!!!

Had to run Leonardo in to the white coats. His allergies are going nuts. He's fine but has some new medicine for a couple of weeks. Sneezing cats with snotty noses are no fun!!!:D

RICHARD
01-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by catland

Ahem,

There will be no PRI-MATING on the premises......

T&P

lol,

DOTD for you!!!

DONE!

MOFF,
Cherry Limeade and a cheese, 'shroom and black olive pizza.....

DONE!

trayi52
01-15-2004, 03:59 PM
You know, I jussh hash show musssh funs in herrreee!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-15-2004, 04:01 PM

Actually, as a matter of fact, he does. His name is Luigi. They are cute little guys that hop around and squish trolls (no really!) on tiny little hand held screens, usually held by 8-14 year old boys, but sometimes held by girls and "older" folks, and also sometimes see on bigger TV size screens. Might want to be careful though because those naming rights are copyrighted by Nintendo. ;) :D

slick
01-15-2004, 04:02 PM
Wait a minute, Gini's got a knotty stool???? As much as I love you guys, that's a little too much information for me.:eek: :eek:

MOFF, I'd rather have a cat with runny nose than a runny bum. Max got the runs the other day. EWWWWWWW Talk about TMI.....

The DOTD is too sweet for me. I think I'll try a Martini please - with 2 olives - shaken, not stirred.

T&P - I hear you and I'll take your advice to heart.

Tray - I think you'd better lie down over there. Richard, I think she's cut off.

OK Mario, come over here and tell me what's been going on, and take that banana out of your mouth when you speak.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-15-2004, 04:05 PM
Oops, forgot, can I have some of that pizza? Sounds absolutely deeeelishus!

I was going to go back to work after my last post, but now that I've frittered away the day on Lut's thread and Thursdays, why go back to work now. Just one small PO to write out before I leave so you guys have got me for the next 53 minutes! Then I'm off to find a real cheese black olive and mushroom pizza. Cyber ones are ok, but they just don't match up with the real thing! :D

trayi52
Honest I am not drunk, but you guys make me feel good when I feel bad, Honesh to gosh!! oops!;)

RICHARD
Slick,
you mean a 'california martini'

DONE!

T&P....

And the mushrooms they jump on turn to coins that you can exchange for more 'lives'..

oh, oh.........I think I am busted......

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-15-2004, 04:08 PM
oh, oh.........I think I am busted......

OMG!!! Richard is Mario's brother!!! :eek: :eek:

trayi52
01-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Well I figured they had to meet sooner than later.....;)

amoore
01-15-2004, 04:12 PM
Sipoweitz says, he is ready for a kiss.

Sipo says, he seen that joke and it made his leggs ache.:eek:

Richard, could I have Corona this time?

Richard when you going to show more pictures of Eddie? When does he get to come and party? He could monkey around.:D

RICHARD
01-15-2004, 04:20 PM

Richard, could I have Corona this time?

Richard when you going to show more pictures of Eddie? When does he get to come and party? He could monkey around.:D

Corona....done!

Being a guy and not one that takes too many pictures......

I took two rolls into the local pharmacy and they were returned but MISFILED......

The gal behind the counter is really nice and offered to look for them.....i'll post them as soon as I find them.....
:(

momoffuzzyfaces
01-15-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by slick

MOFF, I'd rather have a cat with runny nose than a runny bum. Max got the runs the other day. EWWWWWWW Talk about TMI.....

Mario, come over here and tell me what's been going on, and take that banana out of your mouth when you speak. Slick I hope Max is all better now. I agree runny noses are lots better than runny behinds.

That's not a banana Mario has, it's a slice of my pizza. He said he HAD to have it to go with his beer. Now he has sticky AND cheesey paws!:D

dukedogsmom
01-15-2004, 05:05 PM
lbaker: I PMD YOU! Tomorrow would be the only day so let me know.
Is Mario good at stealing hearts, too? I know a few men like that. And, hot chocolate with Peppermint Schnapps sounds wonderful! Please add marshmallows.

slick
01-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
OMG!!! Richard is Mario's brother!!! :eek: :eek:
Well, Richard did mention a while ago that he had a brother.....

DDD - don't forget to ask for mini MM because you can fit more in the mug :D You're meeting Laurie tomorrow??? Have fun but be good and let me know what I'm in for.....;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-15-2004, 05:21 PM
Well everyone, I'm off to fight the masses on my most favorite of favorites - the daily commute. I'd ask for one to go, but the nice occifer on the corner might have a problem with that.

So hopefully I'll be seeing you guys in a few hours....

Tray, I think you should take a break too, you're sounding kind of "mushy" and usually after that comes the crying and the "I love you's" so just relax on some of those big comfy chairs and let Mario pick your fleas - even though you don't have any. ;) :D :D If we can tear him away from the pizza that is. :D

slick
01-15-2004, 05:38 PM
Happy commuting Debbie. I've got 2 more hours to go...

Another double martini please...........

RICHARD
01-15-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom

Is Mario good at stealing hearts, too? I know a few men like that. And, hot chocolate with Peppermint Schnapps sounds wonderful! Please add marshmallows.

Hot choco and schnapps....

DONE!

T&P

Daily commute.....I know what you mean....

Hey, no fleas in here, otherwise I'll have to call the Haz Mat guys again...

Slick,

Double martini, for you

DONE!

catland
01-15-2004, 05:46 PM
1 hour, 11 minutes... but I'm not a clockwatcher.

I'll have what Slick's having.:)

RICHARD
01-15-2004, 06:04 PM
1 hour, 11 minutes... but I'm not a clockwatcher.

I'll have what Slick's having.:)

53 MINUTES.....

California martini....

DONE!!

KYS
01-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Finally I am here.
I know I am late, but is it to late for
a strawberry margarita?

RICHARD
01-15-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by KYS
Finally I am here.
I know I am late, but is it to late for
a strawberry margarita?

no.....

Strawberry Margarita....

Done!;)

Next time I'll need a signed note......:confused:

gini
01-15-2004, 07:14 PM
"Ohhh, you better watch out, you better not cry,
You better be good and I am telling you why...........
Santy Claus is coming to town.......

He knows if you've been knotty, he knows if you've been nice.........

Ohhhh, you better watch out..............................................."

Hi - I would like to join the girls in one of those martini's! Ummm that sounds so good.

Richard, exactly WHY is there a SITZ BATH in the ladies room?

Mario is using it in case you would like to know.

Richard, look out, there is going to be a rush of people coming in........

trayi52
01-15-2004, 07:32 PM
That Mario is everywhere! This is indeed the year of the monkey!

Stealing, drinking, taking cookies, making eyes at the ladies. Mario has been a busy fellow today!

I'll have what the others are having, except doubles of everything! Give Mario another beer, it settled him down for awhile, so maybe he will settle down again and get out of the Sitz Bath unless he is enjoying it a little too much!;)

slick
01-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Gini, how much have you had to drink??????:eek: :eek:

BTW you have a very nice voice. Can we hear it at the BBQ?? I'm going home soon, but will check in later because I don't have a life at home.....:D

gini
01-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Why yes, I do plan to sing for you at the BBQ. How did you know?:D :D

I haven't had anything to drink......all I did is order a martini along with you girls and I haven't even received that yet..........

I just felt like singing.........:p

captain
01-15-2004, 07:51 PM
Gini singing at the BBQ - my oh my! :D

Barman ............ am I too late to have an IMBICILE? :d (also know as a Raspberry Stupid)?

3 oz Zima
1 oz Raspberry schnapps

Mixing instructions:
Mix Well. Drink. Repeat until stupid.

amoore
01-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Gini is just high on life! Wait a minute! Sipoweitz is in your pocket! He is trying to sneak home with you gini!:D

slick
01-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Captain, watch it....they will put stars in your eyes.......and in your envelopes :D :D

I'm back to the Lut thread......more fun than a barrel of monkeys....sorry Mario :(

trayi52
01-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Well is everybody back from the Lut thread?? I was just delivering this great speech, and it closed....

So anyway, I will have and IMBICILE,also know as a Raspberry Stupid and I want it the same way captain is having it, of course I am already stupid, so I'll just have it until I pass out again!!!

Willie

Miss Meow
01-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Yum, I'd love a Raspberry Stupid!

Or is that Yum, I'd love a Raspberry, Stupid! But if I said that, I'd never get a drink and would have to clean the monkey's cage for a week as punishment ... :)

Tray, grab a chair, put your feet up and deliver your great speech!

Corinna
01-15-2004, 08:49 PM
I give up on the Lut thread. I missed a bunch that Karen deleted and it'ds just a bunch of bickering to me . So they got mad about something and left , I'm sorry that they left but oh well it's their loss.
It just makes me sick the way everyone is being (i'msorry) childish about it so they don't want us anymore so what there is more of us togeather to enjoy . Dicks place is the best place in the world(next to pet talk ) .
I would like a hot cocoa with mm.Please Hope no one here gets mad just I'm tired of all the arguing .
Mario please get rid of that bunch of fleas we don't need Slick getting lost with an other haz-mat guy. Take the phone away from Richard quick.

trayi52
01-15-2004, 09:00 PM
Corinna, you didn't see trueface or whoever come on and say who they were??

delidog
01-15-2004, 09:10 PM
O.K.....I just found this thread....Looks like Everybody is enjoying themselves......
Can Anyone Join?????
Even a Blonde Floridian?????
Someone Please Enlighten me.....
Is this something new????

Clueless in Florida

Corinna
01-15-2004, 09:11 PM
No I had to go to town and do laundry so I missed a lot so the thread makes no sense now as it reads. but I don't care if they were that hurt and no one knows why it must be something in their heads that we don't see. I have gotten hurt and left for a couple months I still read the form but didn't reply. It was K9 karen who made me feel like coming back. so if they are making it hard for themselves to come back we can't stop them.

trayi52
01-15-2004, 09:17 PM
Hey, I am sorry you are so tired Corinna, have you had a bad day? Just put you feet up and rest and let us get you something to drink.

delidog you are very welcome here!!! Just kick back and enjoy yourself!:)

Willie(I haven't passed out yet, still waiting to pass out, and no beating my head. I want to do that naturally);)

lovemyshiba
01-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Delidog--
I have just started coming to Thursdays myself, but everyone is welcome. Pull up a chair, order a drink, and be prepared to laugh. Watch out for that monkey though--he is a thief!!!!!

I am freezing my butt off--a hot cocoa with extra marshmallows for me, please:)

captain
01-15-2004, 09:21 PM
Deli,

Yes, even blondes from Florida are welcome at this bar!
We will overlook your "flaws" :D

Something with an umbrella in it for Deli please barman ....

Corinna
01-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Can we put on a little soul music on (do we have any?)
I still haven't heard how you got Mario? can you tell us I need a good story.

trayi52
01-15-2004, 09:35 PM
There is a thread here somewhere, but I got him as a little three month old baby, first thing he did when I got him, and remember he was just a baby, he bit my.... well he bit my chest area!! Ouch look like a vampire had got me.

I have had Mario for 16 or 17 years, don't exactly remember how long. He used to be married but his wife died. He got very upset when his wife Bugger died, so he just does pretty much what he wants to do. Like they said he is a huge theif. He will steal anything he can pick up, roll out or push. LOL. He came from a lady in Louisanna, he was tame when we got him. His wife wasn't, she used to bite the heck out of my hands, fingers. Now she came from a circus, she was being mistreated by the owners. They felt they didn't need her, she was only interfering with her mothers performance in the circus. So we were very patient with her. But we lost her last year. I hate to even talk about her death, she was the sweetest of the two.

Thats about it, I guess. There are some funny stories of both, they are little clowns.

Willie

slick
01-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by captain
Something with an umbrella in it for Deli please barman ....
Ahem....that would be "barperson" if you don't mind ;) :)

Deli, welcome. Pull up a seat by the fire and rest your weary bones. Corinna, you too!! I'll throw some logs on.

Hi LMS :) :) nice to have you back.

dukedogsmom
01-15-2004, 09:41 PM
In ref to the lut thread, I've been avoiding it. I think it's not wise to let a few people run you out of a great place. With that said, I'll now progress to a large shot of Hot Damn! It's so good. Just like drinking a fireball(which I also love)

Corinna
01-15-2004, 09:42 PM
I just love stories about people and their unusual pets. I have a friend who raise Bobcat kittens they take them away from the mom at 3 weeks and raise them by hand they are potty trained they even flush the toilet after using it.
I travel too much to have one right now.

delidog
01-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Why Thank You Kind Sirs...and Madams!!! (Excuse the pun!!)
Hmm....Something w/an umbrella...sounds Great!!!
Are we talking Seabreeze,Perhaps???

delidog
01-15-2004, 09:44 PM
This Looks like a Really fun Spot!!!! (Oh Theres' that Pun again!!)

lovemyshiba
01-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Deli--
I forgot to mention--you can be here, only if you don't mention the temp in Florida right now. It may be cool for you southerners, but it's very cold here.

Thanks for the welcome back, Slick.

Boring night at work, not very busy, but it's nice sometimes. Hubby's out tonight, playing with his cousin (they're working on a new band, he's doing drums, cousin's doing vocals and guitar, and another guy is playing the sax)--so it's just me and the pupsters this evening.

delidog
01-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Lovemy shiba....
Gotcha!!!!
No Mention of Sunny Florida here!!!;)

dukedogsmom
01-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Here's what it was about 8:30 tonight. I am loving this cold weather!!
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/tempsign.jpg
Why is that coming up as a link instead of a pic? Strange.

delidog
01-15-2004, 10:09 PM
Was NOT!!!!
;) :)
The bulbs were out where it said 63 degrees!!!;)

dukedogsmom
01-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Deli, I'm in Maryland until Sunday :D Wish I could stay longer!

trayi52
01-15-2004, 10:11 PM
No wonder, it got cold!! I took one look at that picture now I need hot chocolate!! But you got to see snow right???

Have you got to play in the snow yet??

Willie

dukedogsmom
01-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Yeah I did and got lots of pics! For some reason, the ones I just loaded up aren't working. They're showing up as links instead of posting the pics. Have any clue as to why?
Ok, got discouraged on trying to do the pics. Going to bed. The site is very sluggish, too. If anyone has any ideas as to why it's not showing up, please let me know. I'll read in the morning. I've got some snow pics, dog and cat pics to post!

trayi52
01-15-2004, 10:19 PM
I had one do that too, I think it was last week! I don't know why it done that. Weird uh?

Can't wait to see the pictures of the snow! We have had just a flurry or two, and that is it. They said we could have snowshowers last week, but I guess it was just snowflakes wearing showercaps and carrying little brushes.;) and I quote that from somebodies definition of snowshowers. LOL!

Willie

gini
01-15-2004, 10:58 PM
Wow - you guys are still here - and hey, there is Dukedogsmom - welcome! You have come to exactly the right place to chill out after a long day.

Now hasn't it been a looonng day? My right hand is worn out from going back and forth between the Lut thread and Thursdays.

Well, we have lost a lovely member - with beautiful fur kids - beautiful children and great pictures to share. But it is time to move on isn't it? I am glad that Karen stopped the thread - otherwise it would have gone on all night.

Let's just sit by this nice cozy fire with our drinks and chat.

Look, even Mario is asleep (finally). Well, I kinda did slip him another beer.

And the L & F - not a peep coming from behind that door.

All is well...........

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Aaaaahhhh...what a nice peaceful scene, everyone is snuggling in the big comfy chairs by the fire, no one is behind the bar right now, but I guess we can all basically help ourselves, the fire snaps and rouses everyone from their thoughts. I think I'll go make some microwave popcorn. Orville's butter flavor if that's ok. Nothing better than good popcorn and good beer. I think I'll have one of those nekid beers I mentioned a few weeks back.

My final words on the Lut thread are that if that really was her - trueface, then I'm sorry she was hurt. It seemed all we wanted to do was let her know that we'll miss her, and of course it all got out of hand. I hope after this all calms down she will see through to our true feelings and come back because she will truly be missed. :(

Anyway, here's to PT and all the wonderful people that join together through the love of their pets to make up this wonderful place.

Ok, enough of that, what an exciting day it's been! Two great threads with lots of sillyness - you gotta love this place! :D

Aaaaahhh....<leans back in chair, closes eyes, takes a sip of nekid beer>.....life is good. :D

trayi52
01-15-2004, 11:29 PM
TPM, I couldn't of said it better than you did....Heres to PT and all our great members!

Great Popcorn, I'm glad Mario is asleep, thanks gini for slipping him the beer. I think we have found what the noise has been in the lost and found! I have been wondering where Mario was sneaking off to..;)

trayi52
01-15-2004, 11:36 PM
TPM, I just thought of something. I was just having a deep thought here and well of all the boards, we do have something they don't have! We have a Richard!!

I think we should drink to our Richard!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-15-2004, 11:43 PM
Very true, Tray.

Here's to Richard!

But not only Richard, we've got Thursdays! Just how many boards out there do you think have Thursdays. I think we should drink to Thursdays too.

And to Mario for providing entertainment.

And to Gini for finally quieting Mario down.

And here the Haz-Mat guys - they were great!

And finally, I would like to drink to knotty stools - where would we be without them.

Here, here! :D

trayi52
01-15-2004, 11:47 PM
Here! Here!!!:)

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 12:19 AM
Is it too late for me to join you all? I just want something, anything! I have been squeezing urine and feces out of my rat all day. I just need a break! :eek: :( :rolleyes:

trayi52
01-16-2004, 12:30 AM
Cass, you are welcome make yourself at home and go ahead and sit down, put your feet up. What would you like? A beer?

Nice to see you finally come in here and relax.. you just sit down there and I will get you something. We are all just sitting here taking it easy.

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 12:54 AM
How's about a strawberry daquiri?! :D

trayi52
01-16-2004, 01:03 AM
Okay, here you go, enjoy! Richard isn't here but we have been sort of helping ourselves, you are going to have to come more often Cass!!

We were just toasting Richard and to PT and all the great members and Thursdays!!

Cheers!

I am so glad Honey is doing better! To Honey!

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 01:49 AM
Thanks! :D I used to come fairly often. I will make sure to come back from time to time and just relax, lord knows I need it! :eek:

trayi52
01-16-2004, 02:09 AM
Well I am glad to hear that, you better. You work too hard anyway. You need some relaxation!

Willie

lovemyshiba
01-16-2004, 07:39 AM
Good morning everyone!!

I woke up to a frozen water pipe, and my husband is NOT happy about staying home to fix it (after being outside this morning and trying to thaw it).

I'll put the coffee on.

lovemyshiba
01-16-2004, 07:39 AM
Good morning everyone!!

I woke up to a frozen water pipe, and my husband is NOT happy about staying home to fix it (after being outside this morning and trying to thaw it).

I'll put the coffee on.

amoore
01-16-2004, 08:33 AM
Good morning!

Lovemyshiba, So good to see you here. Are a morning person like me? I sure would like a cup of that coffee! Smells great!

I hate it when the water pipes freeze!

slick
01-16-2004, 09:10 AM
**yawn**

Hey people, good morning. Cass, good to see you here. I hope you will become one of the regulars now.:)

I'd better start cleaning up after Mario. What a mess he makes. Look at all these peanut shells and banana peels. How much can one monkey eat :eek: :eek:

amoore
01-16-2004, 09:26 AM
Slick, Nice to see you here this morning. I was lonly, Everyone but Lovemyshiba was asleep.:(

I steped on one of the banana peels and went flying across the room and almost fell on Willie!:eek:

slick
01-16-2004, 09:39 AM
Who wants champagne and orange juice??

Laurie I see you lurking....come on in.

Logan
01-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Hey Cass, nervous Grandma to be, here. If you're back, how about coming over to Pet General and advising me!! I do have Laurie in support, although, like me, she knows nothing about "birthing those babies"!!!! LOL!!!! There are new developments in the Mama Milly saga this morning and I wanted to get some feedback from you.

I definitely need something, bartender, even if it is Friday. :) No coconut, no brown liquor, but a morning "toddy" seems in order!!!! :)

lbaker
01-16-2004, 10:01 AM
As much as I love mimosa's Slick, it's just too dang cold here today. I think a hot buttered rum would be better. Even the dogs had to be coaxed into going out for their morning business and they usually LOVE the cold. brrrrrrrr. Wool socks, leggings and many layers. I look like the Michelin tire person :eek: :p

amoore
01-16-2004, 10:16 AM
I am glad to see more people awake. :)

The coffee is good!

Am I having a dream or does anyone see me?:confused:

catland
01-16-2004, 10:27 AM
See who?

I think I'll make myself a BM with an imbecile chaser - then its time to clean up after Mario:eek: I had no idea that creating a thread to wish someone a fond farewell would turn into "Thread of the Week".:rolleyes:

Did you hear about the three streakers in the Denny's up in Spokane Washington last night? Three guys ran naked through Denny's, wearing nothing but boots and a smile. When they got back outside, they discovered that their car - and clothes had been stolen. The three guys were found shivering in a nearby car lot. It was 20F (-7C).

Corinna
01-16-2004, 10:33 AM
Good morning just stopping by for an apple juice, got a full day .
Glad you saw the snow showers finally (caps and all)
Glad to see so many more joining us(guess they heard about the hazmat guys)
You think that monkey ate alot wait till it goes through the monkey( don't want to be here then)
A definate toast to Richard and his great Thursday idea also Phred and his great praying dogs.
Sorry about the frozen pipes , we are so used to the cold temps are places are built with pipes in the middle of the homes. We had your weather for the last 2 weeks . So you please enjoy it and sent it else where when done. Thank-you very much.
Sorry I had to leave last night with out helping clean up Hubby needed comuter (2 computers 1 phone line ) I'll be back later this evening, Gotta go to Missoula on business tomorrow so I will miss the clean up Sat. Sorry.
Glad to hear it was Mario in the L&F I still do not want to go in there !!!!!
I guess I had better go warm the car up and get going on my day. Bye all

trayi52
01-16-2004, 10:43 AM
Slick, don't bother cleaning up after Mario. I'll clean up after him, I am kinda of used to it. Him and Bugger used to get lose in my house and redecorate, I think they were having a pary. They would get a hold of my knitting thread and have it stretched all across the room. Look like a party had been going on! So I'm pretty good cleaning up after Mario.

Sorry amoore about the banana peel, hope you didn't get hurt!

Mario must have heard about this restaurant that is near us in Florence Alabama, where they have lots of peanuts, and when you eat them, they want you to just throw the hulls down on the floor!

I think I want a cup of that coffee too, I woke up too early! I am not a morning person. So I need lots of coffee. Thanks for the coffee.

Willie

amoore
01-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Thanks Tray, I'm just glad I didn't crush my little sister or cass. That was cute little Mario all snuggled up between you and Cass.

I'm so glad Sombody noticed me, I was Talking and nobody heard me, like talking to Mahayana when he is watching TV.:(

gini
01-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Good morning everyone, I thought I would duck in quick and have some of that coffee.

Delidog, I am sorry, I didn't properly welcome you last night.
It is great to see so many faces here - it is such a friendly place.

LoveMyShiba - oh, I feel so sorry for your husband.

I can only stay a minute or so, thought I should go congratulate all of our pets of the day - (all of my accumulated posts cannot be for Thursdays alone).

Oh, alright, Mario, you can go with me - quit tugging on my sweater - but you have to leave that beer here! It is the law!

Isn't this a great new day? Watch out, I will break into another song any minute now..............nothing knotty happening for me today.

gini
01-16-2004, 10:58 AM
Oh Ann, sorry I didn't say hello.......as you can see I was just too busy talking (as usual).

amoore
01-16-2004, 11:01 AM

Did you hear about the three streakers in the Denny's up in Spokane Washington last night? Three guys ran naked through Denny's, wearing nothing but boots and a smile. When they got back outside, they discovered that their car - and clothes had been stolen. The three guys were found shivering in a nearby car lot. It was 20F (-7C).

That is just too funny!:D

amoore
01-16-2004, 11:05 AM
:) Thanks Gini.:)

trayi52
01-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Did somebody say something about a couple of naked guys?? I totally missed that, like I said I am not a morning person. I still have sleep in my eyes. :confused:

slick
01-16-2004, 11:37 AM
:D :D It was all over the radio up here......kinda takes me back to the 70's.....

amoore
01-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Even in the 80's it was going on in wayne county, Tenn.! I was driving through town one night And a car Passed me, There was a butt hanging out of the window. The bad thing was , I knew the car( not the butt). I knew all the people who were not hanging out the window.:D I did learn who the butt belonged too.:p

trayi52
01-16-2004, 11:55 AM
Wow Ann! Was it a girl butt or a boy butt? Whose butt was it???:confused:

catland
01-16-2004, 11:58 AM
:D :D It was all over the radio up here......kinda takes me back to the 70's.....

ahh - the 70's. I vividly remember fragments of that decade.:cool:

RICHARD
01-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Even in the 80's it was going on in wayne county, Tenn.! I was driving through town one night And a car Passed me, There was a butt hanging out of the window. The bad thing was , I knew the car( not the butt). I knew all the people who were not hanging out the window.:D I did learn who the butt belonged too.:p

DO NOT POST STORIES LIKE YOURS.....

I don't appreciate 'CRACKS' like that.....:rolleyes:

slick
01-16-2004, 12:09 PM
DO NOT POST STORIES LIKE YOURS.....
I don't appreciate 'CRACKS' like that.....:rolleyes:
Cheeky devil!!!!

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 12:09 PM
Good morning, or is it good afternoon? :p

Well does anyone want brunch? I'm making! Hows about some ham, biscutes and gravy, a cheese, bacon, broccoli and artichoke omellete? Whatever you all want, I will make! :D I am starving and just went shopping last night, so figured, hey what the heck, might as well cook for everyone! Maybe we should add a restraunt to the bar? hehe ;)

As for my drink, how about a shot glass of Jack? That sure perks me up in the morning! :D

amoore
01-16-2004, 12:10 PM
LOL! It was the uggliest Butt I ever saw! (not that I've seen many)

Willie you know the person. I'll Email you the name.:D

Funny Richard! :D "Opps" I don't mean it was Richard. I just mean He makes me laugh!:D

slick
01-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Cass, that omelette sounds wonderful and I did not have breakfast today so I'm in. Thanks. May I get a couple of shots of tobasco in mine????

catland
01-16-2004, 12:13 PM
an omlette sounds great Luckie. I'd like some cheese, mushrooms, and bacon if you have it:D

Just don't give any to Mario, he only plays with his food.

Here's a shot of Jack.

trayi52
01-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Great see if I know the butt, never seeing the butt of course!;)

That sounds great Cass, I am starving! I want a huge helping of everything, starved as I am!

I think I will try the shot of Jack too, I need perking up. Maybe it will work for me too! Me not morning person......

Wow Richard What a 'Crack' that was!;)

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Cass, that omelette sounds wonderful and I did not have breakfast today so I'm in. Thanks. May I get a couple of shots of tobasco in mine????

You bet! Coming up soon.....

an omlette sounds great Luckie. I'd like some cheese, mushrooms, and bacon if you have it
Just don't give any to Mario, he only plays with his food.

Sure do! I'll get going on that as well. I think I will add mushrooms to mine as well.

Thanks for the Jack. YUM! Goes down nice and easy doesn't it?

Mario, get your hands out of the scrambled eggs!!!!!

I'll get working on yours Tray too. Anything specific you want? What kind of toast do you all want? I also made some fruit salad, and it's ready. There you go, I set it down on the table. Just get to it before Mario does!

amoore
01-16-2004, 12:37 PM
I'm starving! Any scraps for me? :(

trayi52
01-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Nah, you don't have to do anything special to mine. I am just starving.

Looks like Mario sneaked away from gini, hope she don't get worried about where he is! You know Mario, has to be in on everything!

I think I need to get Mario another beer, so he'll settle down and sleep for awhile, he had some scramble eggs and he is just sitting there eating and looking up at the ceiling.

What is up there?:confused:

trayi52
01-16-2004, 12:45 PM
Here Ann, you can share with me.:)

catland
01-16-2004, 12:50 PM
M-A-R-I-OOOOOOO

THAT'S MY BANANA!

amoore
01-16-2004, 12:54 PM
Thanks! Mario came running over and fill my mouth and ears up with eggs and Jelly. :p He didn't want me hungrey.

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Here's your food Slick, with two shots of Laughy Tobasky! :p

Catland, your cheese, bacon and mushroom ommelette!

Tray, hope you like yours. I just made you what I made for Slick, sans the sauce. ;) Amoore, I made Willi's extra large so you two sista's can share. ;)

I also set out a plate of bread- pumpernickle, sourdough, whole wheat, rye, and multigrain with some of my artichoke/butter spread. Enjoy! Please eat some of the fruit too, we don't need nats! :p

Anything else? I am in the process of getting our buffett ready for later today. Any special requests?

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Can someone please mix up a Cosmopolitan for me please while I am in the kitchen? Add a lime on the side please! :D

amoore
01-16-2004, 01:03 PM
Thanks Cass, You are an angel!:)

slick
01-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Thanks Cass - this is absolutely delicious!!!:) :) Thank you sooo much. I'd love to get your drink for you but the last time I was bartender (I mean, barperson....) tray and anne were found the next morning under the pool table. Do you really want to risk it, or shall I get Catland to make it???

lbaker
01-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Sourdough bread with artichoke/butter spread. Not THERE'S a snack I cannot resist - DANG that sounds good. One Cosmo for the chef coming up

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Thanks Cass - this is absolutely delicious!!!:) :) Thank you sooo much. I'd love to get your drink for you but the last time I was bartender (I mean, barperson....) tray and anne were found the next morning under the pool table. Do you really want to risk it, or shall I get Catland to make it???

Better have Catland make it. We don't want anything funny going on. Glad you liked it! I enjoyed making it. Off to make my own now! :)

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Sourdough bread with artichoke/butter spread. Now THERE'S a snack I cannot resist - DANG that sounds good. One Cosmo for the chef coming up

Oh don't worry Slick, she's got it! Thanks! :D And glad you are enjoying the feast!

gini
01-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Does it ever smell good in here..........Cass -------you are cooking for everyone? Hmm, maybe I better stay for a while. Hey, let me fix the Cosmopolitan for you - those are one of my favorites.

Mario - leave my earrings alone.......M A R I O - THAT HURTS!

gini
01-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Uh Oh, Cass, we are doubled up on the Cosmopolitans.........we'd better be careful.........but is Friday and all.

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 01:11 PM
Why yes I am! And hey, I guess two Cosmo's wouldn't hurt, would it? Better watch how much I drink. :eek: Don't want the chef sweating on the food, now do we? ;)

Would you like to order anything gini?

lbaker
01-16-2004, 01:12 PM
Guess what I just found out (in another thread) Cataholic/Johanna is a self admitted Catmunist :D !! What a silly day this has been. mercy me I'm glad the boss stayed home (hehe)

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 01:13 PM
Funny thing is that I'm actually cooking! :eek:

gini
01-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Thanks for asking, Cass, yes, one of your yummy omelettes, please.

Usually the bar is closed by Friday or Saturday. I think we needed it open today and may all bosses go home early today so we can PARTEEEEEE!

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 01:20 PM
I hear ya!

1 of Cass's specials coming up!

What is taking so long for the Cosmo? LOL :p

gini
01-16-2004, 01:23 PM
We were out of cranberry juice..........but there is enough Vodka back there to make every drink known to man with Vodka.

I sent Mario to the store - and you know, that little Monkey came back with the cranberry juice and a huge bunch of bananas.

trayi52
01-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Excuse me for being dumb, but what is a Cosmo and is it good?:confused:

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Better watch the monkey. We wouldn't want a drunk monkey on our hands would we? :eek:

gini, your omelette dear. Enjoy! :D

slick
01-16-2004, 01:29 PM
Oh, oh, Mario's diaper needs changing........

I've never changed no nappies in my time but I'll give it a shot. Where are the pins???

Ooops, silly me, they're disposables :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This will be a big job for me so you better pass one of those Vodka Martini's my way.......

momoffuzzyfaces
01-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Better watch the monkey. We wouldn't want a drunk monkey on our hands would we? :eek:

gini, your omelette dear. Enjoy! :D
Gini, eat up before Mario notices you have food. He's a real moocher! Who could resist THAT face when he begs? NOT ME!!! That's how he got half my pizza yesterday.

Could I get a cherry vanilla coke, please? :D

gini
01-16-2004, 01:32 PM
Oh boy, is that ever good!

Forgive me if I talk with my mouth full...........

But a Cosmopolitan is:

3 oz. Vodka

1 oz. Cointreau

dash of Cranberry Juice

Dash of Lime

Have everything chilled - put into the shaker with ice
shake gently - and enjoy

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 01:35 PM
And a very fine drink it makes!

Well I will be back in a bit. Have to clean up the kitchen. :(

trayi52
01-16-2004, 01:37 PM
Yeah and there is a trick to this changing a diaper on these guys, they have a tail, and I always cut a hole out for the tail.

Want me to change him Slick? Mario time to a diaper change and don't fuss so much about it.

I still wanna know what he keeps looking at on the ceiling. The ceiling fan? Has anybody lost anything of value? He may be storing the lute upon the ceiling fan!

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 01:39 PM

I still wanna know what he keeps looking at on the ceiling. The ceiling fan? Has anybody lost anything of value? He may be storing the lute upon the ceiling fan!

RICHARD! :eek: Get down from there this instant, and put some clothes on! :eek:

trayi52
01-16-2004, 01:39 PM
I want one of those Cosmos, they sound really good!

Can you get doubles???

slick
01-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Actually I think he's looking at all the "undie thingies" hanging from the rafters.....:eek: :eek:

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 01:41 PM
I'll make you one Willie. Got tired of waiting and made one muself, LOL. :p

They don't sound really good, they TASTE really good. :p

gini
01-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Oh Cass, that isn't really Richard. We put a photo of a nude guy up there and put a picture of Richard's face on it..........:D

Doesn't it **CRACK** you up?

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Actually I think he's looking at all the "undie thingies" hanging from the rafters.....:eek: :eek:

So there's where my bra went! Tray, did you teach Mario how to undue a women's bra? Even Dan can't do that! :eek: :eek: :eek:

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 01:45 PM
Oh Cass, that isn't really Richard. We put a photo of a nude guy up there and put a picture of Richard's face on it..........:D

Doesn't it **CRACK** you up?

I just spit out my drink! :eek: :D :D :D

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 01:46 PM
And that last response could be taken one of two ways........LMAO!

luckies4me
01-16-2004, 01:47 PM
Ok Ok, MUST GO CLEAN KITCHEN! Be back later! :D

lbaker
01-16-2004, 01:51 PM
Way back last Spring somebody got crazy(er) and some undergarments got flung onto the fan. Garters etc but I wont name any names (for a price ;) )

slick
01-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Way back last Spring somebody got crazy(er) and some undergarments got flung onto the fan. Garters etc but I wont name any names (for a price ;) )

:D :D :D **whistles a tune**

trayi52
01-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Look at this sweet face!!

amoore
01-16-2004, 01:56 PM
You mean that picture is not really Richard?

Has Richard seen that picture yet? That will "crack" him up!:D

How about a Corona with lime?:)

trayi52
01-16-2004, 01:57 PM
And this sweet little face, now you see why he gets his way with all the ladies!!

Give him a beer!!

amoore
01-16-2004, 01:59 PM
Willie, I see your monkey again!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Whew! Finally made it back! What a day it's been. I definetely need a drink, but it has to be something warm. I'm anticipating the snow and freezing rain we're supposed to get tonight - ugh!

So, for those of you out East, and those in the Midwest anticipating, I've found two wonderful warm drinks.

Hot Scotch (that's the name of it, you know, kinda like hop scotch?)
Hot Chocolate
Cutty Sark
Bailey's

And the other one is appropriate for around the fire

Campfire Coffee
Coffee
Grand Marnier
Galliano
Disaronno Amaretto

I didn't get quantities, so make them as strong as you like. They both sound absolutely yummy to me, so I think I'll start with the Hot Scotch. :D