PDA

View Full Version : Calling all rat owners! Rat of the Month Contest!

luckies4me
01-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Hi all you rat loving folks! :D I am going to be hosting a contest on my website for Rat of the Month. It will have it's own section and whoever wins will have their rats pic displayed (along with a brief description) for a whole month on their very own page on my site. I am trying to make my site more rat friendly and this is one of the ideas I have had. ;)

So I know there are a lot of you out there. I am looking for the best photos I can find, anyone can enter. To enter just PM me by January 25th or email me at [email protected] with the subject as Rat of the Month Contest. On the 25th entires will go up on my site and the voting will begin and last til the 30th. The winner will recieve their very own Rat of the Month plaque made in Photoshop as well as their rat pictured for one month on my site. Hope to see some entries soon, and the page should be up on my site later today. As soon as it is I will give the link here. :)

luckies4me
01-14-2004, 11:00 AM
Oh yes, and every rat who enters and wins each month will go into a final drawing at the end of the year to win a months supply of bedding, food mix, and toys. :D

tikeyas_mom
01-14-2004, 03:56 PM
im entering pip and merry :p

Desert Arabian
01-14-2004, 04:27 PM
I sent you an entry of my beautiful princess Peanut.

luckies4me
01-15-2004, 07:09 PM
I got both entries. Thanks guy's! :D

BUT, I know there are more rat folks out there, so come on and send me your pics!

CathyBogart
01-15-2004, 09:11 PM
I'll enter the girls!

wolfsoul
01-15-2004, 09:36 PM
I'm emailing you!

luckies4me
01-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Thanks guys! WolfChan haven't got yours yet, but looking forward to it. Got yours Jordan. :)

So people know, please include a short paragraph (or more if you want) about your rats. This will help people get to know them a little more and help chose a winner. Thanks!

:D

Homer
01-17-2004, 12:06 AM
G.W. and KB (Kitty Boy)

My cat is my best friend. My new rat is vying for the position, but Kitty Boy has been here for several years. This cat is bulemic! If we leave too much food out, he regurgitates it all over the place. The real problem is hairballs, but he gets a fingertip of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly once or twice a day and has very little trouble now. Vet told me to stop buying Petromalt and use Vaseline since it's the same stuff only not flavored. But this silly cat licks it off my finger!

G.W. is another story. He is extremely rambunctious. Runs all over the place (except when he's sitting on my shoulder). He's getting used to me and my family now. The cat is curious, but afraid for now. G.W. runs away full tilt when the cat is on my lap, but as he gets older and more acclimated, he'll probably be a pal.

So, please be feeling ok to download my pictures!

Best to all

Homer :rolleyes:

luckies4me
01-17-2004, 12:11 AM
Do you want me to use that Jim as an entry? Can I include the pic of GW as well?

Is that your manx cat, or another one? You know, Houdini has that problem as well. Eats too fast and then vomits. Although since we have switched to Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul dry, and then feeding Felidae canned, I have noticed her vomiting has lessened. What food are they on right now?

Your kitty is BEAUTIFUL! You need to head on over to Cat General and introduce your kitties to all us cat lovers. :D

Homer
01-17-2004, 12:17 AM
Hmm. Nope, Kitty Boy has a nice long fluffy tail. I'll have to post Gabby the Manx later. If sehe'll sit still long enough.

Time for bed!

Nighty night.

;)