PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Stories

Kitty_talker9203
01-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Do you have any amazing stories Of how you got your animals?Or how you found or saved your little animal?If so if you would like to share the story you can share it here.:D

Sirrahsim
01-13-2004, 11:33 PM
weeellll it's not how I got my Boomer, but it is an amazing story!
However it may not be for the faint of heart!

I was at the mall with my hubby's Mom one day and we happened to walk in the petstore just as a woman and her daughter were leaving. The place was crazy with commotion and we hurried into the petstore to get the story and it turns out that these two women had come in saying that they had a tub full of kittens to get rid of. Sadly, the store didn't have any room and told them that. This ticked of this lady and her daughter and they just walked away saying that they would just let them go in the parking lot!!:eek: :eek: :eek: The petstore told us that there was nothing they could do! So Carol (my mother in law) chased after these people to see if they really meant to release them. Sadly, they said they did. They gave us some piece of crap story about how the daughter was starting college that day and their cat "somehow managed to get pregnant" and they didn't want them. They said they weren't there responsibility and that the pet store should have taken them. So we followed them to their can, on a very hot day, mind you, and they opened the door and pulled out a long tupperware container with a towel stuck at one end to allow air to get in. Inside this dirty container were 8 (if I remember correctly) of the smallest little kittens I have ever seen. It was obvious that these kittens had been in these deplorable conditions for a while as much of the inside of the box was covered in dairrhea and the like. The little tiny meows were so sad:( They kept saying that they were just going to leave them there in the parking lot:( we didn't know what we could do with the kittens either, but couldn't bare to make the kittens suffer through another moment with these irresponsible people who IMHO deserve to be castrated or worse *ahem* So they said we could take them and were "kind" enough to let us keep the container that the kittens were in. So anyway, we took the kittens and brought them by my home to show my mom and then over to a friend of Carol's to show her. Once we got back to my house I had to leave, but Carol took the kittens back to her home and with the help of my sister in law got them all cleaned up and bathed. I'm not sure who exactly the kittens were given out to, but I know that they all were welcomed into loving homes. One of the kittens is now living with my sister in law and my brother. Meet Oreo:http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pb68556bbf215b24b9d27fe7a8d5ab169/faf5320f.jpg

So that is our story, In retrospect I wish that I had said more or at least gotten the license plate number and reported them. It all happened so suddenly that there wasn't much time to process what was actually happening.

cutie_chica
01-13-2004, 11:58 PM
My Hubby Howie had always wanted a little orange kitty, he had wanted one since he was little. Well, When I moved in with him, we got our own place with Princess, and because of all the moving Princess wasnt being herself, so we went to Petsmart to get her her favorite treats (whiskas crunch ) And At Petsmart they have a shealter there with about 50 kitties at all times in cages. Well My hubby doesnt like seeing them like that, and he normaly walks the other way. Well this day he walks over and starts looking at the kitties. I myself went around and grabbed Princess' treats so we could head out so I wouldnt get attached to any kitties. I grab the treats and head back around to the section where the cages are, and there he is standing stareing at this little Orange kitty, and a gray kitty, I asked him if he wanted it, and he was like noooo, we cant afford him and his sister, and I dont want to leave the girl alone. We stood there for a good hour playing with them through the cage, The vet staff told us, that Those kitties were droped off at the shealter and were way to small to help themselfs, and they were the only 2 that survied and they were just put out there. Well about the time he was finishing the story a little girl and her mom walked by, and she spoted out the gray girl kitty. She asked her mom is she could have it, and her mom said... call your dad and ask, well amazingly The dad said she could have it, so we bought the orange kitty exchanged numbers, we named Tony, right away after Tony Tigers, and the little girl named her kitty Joy After Princess Joy My kitty. We keep in touch often, and the kittys get to see each other atleast once a month at Petsmart, Well Now my Hubby has his dream kitty :) Here is a picture of Tony on his first day here!!http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid94/p09145f0928816d161ba13f655e82ce67/fa3aa36f.jpg