PDA

View Full Version : Do your cats eat less in summer.....

carole
01-13-2004, 04:06 PM
I am just curious, as my Lexie is not eating very much right now, she is well and happy it seems, and she has her favourite biscuits, but she is not that interested, she is a snacker who eats little and often,but she is eating a lot less than the normal, it has been pretty hot in NZ lately, and Ash is eating less too, I don't think she is sick at all, as she is her normal happy self, Am I just being a fuss pot and worrying for nothing?

bluekat
01-13-2004, 04:09 PM
Omg, lol, I was just gonna post a thread like this! I have noticed Blueberry eating less now too:confused: I hope its normal though. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with him, so I think its normal. Last winter he also ate less.

RedHedd
01-13-2004, 04:42 PM
I think it's normal - my two eat less in hot weather.

Miss Meow
01-13-2004, 05:50 PM
Ours eat less in summer, and are also less active.

We've had some cooler weather this week, and they've been eating much more :)

catland
01-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Definately. We go through more food in the colder months - we call it "putting on the feed bag":D

catnapper
01-13-2004, 06:28 PM
Allen definately cuts back in the summer... but the water bowl seems to dissappear as soon as I place it on the floor! Less food/more water seems to be Mr. Allen's wat to survive the summer.

Your post stunned me for a moment as we are in the dead of winter - expecting a snow storm this week. Its hard to go from thinking of ice-melt and shovels one minute to the heat of summer!

Felicia's Mom
01-13-2004, 07:26 PM
Beau and Felicia eat less food in hot weather.

IttyBittyKitty
01-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Randi eats like there's no tomorrow no matter what the temperature!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Pixie likes iced water though!

Craftlady
01-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Seasonal changes doesn't effect our gang. :)