PDA

View Full Version : My aunt's house caught on fire

Kfamr
01-13-2004, 02:41 PM
First off, everyone is OK.

My aunt, uncle, and cousins own a GORGEOUS house up in the country in Michigan. I meab GORGEOUS. It's got a huge wooden front porch, two story, high cielings, a lovely kitchen, a master bedroom and bathroom, the bathroom being about as big as my own room. And alot more.

Supposedly the chimney is what caught it on fire last night. Guess who woke them up? Their old Sheltie Teala Lae. My aunt says that Teala was acting funny and my aunt woke up to see what's wrong. She heard a cracking noise when she woke up.

Their whole living room is burnt, as well as all the way up stairs.
They have insurance so it's going to cover that and they're going to be able to rebuild.

I have a picture of Teala somewhere, from their old house, but i'll have to find it.

Freckles
01-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I have a picture of Teala somewhere, from their old house, but i'll have to find it.

You bet, we need a picture of the HERO!!:)

primabella
01-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Right away, when you said "My aunt, uncle, and cousins own a GORGEOUS house up in the country" I asked myself, "is that the one that owns the Sheltie?" :D

Aww Teala, your a hero! :D I'm so glad to hear that everyone is okay! I hope you can find a picture.

amoore
01-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Give Teala Lae A big hug for me! I'm so glad she woke them up!

Can't wait to see a picture of Teala!:)

HoRsELUvR
01-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Im glad that everyone is fine, a lot of that is thanks to Teala!

trayi52
01-13-2004, 03:21 PM
As I keep saying, Dogs are amazing!!! It that dog had not been there, then I am pretty sure there would have been a loss of life.

This is an example that makes me wonder how there can be people out there that don't like dogs!!

I hope Teala Lae gets some recognition for doing this! More people really need to know just how a dog can save lives. Save lives in more ways than one, mentally as well as phyically..

I am glad that everybody is doing okay and giving Teala Lae the hugs and kisses she deserves, thanks to Teala Lae they are living today.

Willie

Moose
01-13-2004, 03:51 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about the fire, Kay...but that's great that everyone is okay. :)

I can't wait to see pictures of the little hero.

anna_66
01-13-2004, 03:58 PM
Wow, I hate to think of what would have happened if they didn't have her:eek:

I'm glad to hear everyone is alright and that they're going to be able to rebuild.

tatsxxx11
01-13-2004, 05:17 PM
Oh KayAnn, how frightening!:( I'm so glad that no one was hurt; the room/house can be replaced but not life! Teala is a true heroine! Your family should submit her story to the show "Miracle Pets!":) Can't wait to see pictures of this amazing, canine heroine! Again, I'm so happy to know that no one was hurt; or worse!

RobiLee
01-13-2004, 05:57 PM
So sorry to hear about this, KayAnn. I'm just glad everyone is ok. Good thing that Teala woke them up. Hope to see a picture of her. Give your family my best.

Robin :)

Karen
01-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Taela the lifesaver! Good girl - I bet no one complains about your barking ever again! Extra love and biscuits to you dear girl!

Tonya
01-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Good job, Teala! It is good that she woke them. My mom had a chimeney fire. Because the flames spread in the attic, there was no smoke in the house, so the alarm didn't go off. She lost her whole house when the roof collapsed. If it wasn't for Teala, the same could have happened!

gini
01-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Here is to Taela the heroine! Thank goodness that your family is alright. What a frightening ordeal for them.

This is a reminder to everyone with chimneys and that they can be dangerous.

Felicia's Mom
01-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Sorry to hear about the fire, but thank God Teala Lae was there!

lovemyshiba
01-13-2004, 10:19 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your aunt's house, Kayann, but very relieved that everyone is ok, thanks to their hero, Teala!!!
I can't wait to see her picture!!!

KYS
01-13-2004, 11:09 PM
I am so relieved that everybody is fine.

Ya!! Teala!