PDA

View Full Version : We went to the monster truck show......

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-13-2004, 12:27 PM
I have never been before... it was sooo COOL!!

Does anyone follow monster trucks... how do they score points?!?!?!

I think by the end of the show only three trucks made it out.... by being able to drive out... I think everyone of them flipped once. ... I suppose they were just trying to hype the show up cause they didn't really have much planned ...( well in my opinion).... so they kept trying crazy stunts.. to please the 67,000 people there....

MAXIMUM DISTRUCTION rocked... he was ripping through everything .. bellied up twice.. and got up the first one. Grave Digger wasn't as BAD as the crowd was cheering him out to be......

anyway.. how does that work??? like NASCAR?? Or do the owners of the trucks drive their own trucks...

forgot to bring my stupid camera but my sister in law is supposed to make me a cd of em... so maybe I can post them soon...

ramanth
01-13-2004, 01:28 PM
I've only been to a monster truck show once and that was back in HS! 1995 I think.... It was a blast! I'm not sure how they score either Sara. I just had fun watching all the big trucks smush the cars. :D

The thing that amazed me was that the arena was so small, yet they'd gun their vehicles and be up and over the line of cars and stopped before running into the wall on the other side.

Miss Meow
01-13-2004, 02:25 PM
I have no idea about the rules, but it sounded like a whole lot of fun! :D

amoore
01-13-2004, 02:29 PM
I have never been to one. But I have thought they might be fun!

My baby sister goes to them, and likes them well.:)

Kfamr
01-13-2004, 02:45 PM
We used to go to monster truck shows all the time. I have a huge booklet full of the driver's autographs, including Gravedigger's! :p
My favorite is Bearfoot. I believe that's his name -- he's the dodge truck.

I really have no idea how it works though, but they're sooo fun to watch!