PDA

View Full Version : My two new fosters

rosethecopycat
01-12-2004, 10:17 PM
Yes, they will keep me busy while I have to send Caprese on her way.

No, they don't have Italian names, have to keep their given names, which are kind of cool.

Introducing: Meeshu and Tashi
Blue Lynx Point sisters

Very scared, but allow me to pet them. Trying desprately to get them to eat. 36 hrs now. (they have used the box) I've tried all the 'big guns' including DELI TURKEY and Canned Tuna. Husband searching for a late night KFC, right now. Another 12 hours and I'm instructed to syringe them. That is not going to make me any friends.:(

If you could sing for these girls to eat overnight, I'd appreciate it.

Rose

P.S. Meehsu is showing a lot of personality already. She does a stretch that ends in an 'in air' leg kick of her left back leg. :p

rosethecopycat
01-12-2004, 10:18 PM
And here's Tashi.

She's more shy. Will let me pet her back and head. Sort of frozen though.

jazzcat
01-13-2004, 12:08 AM
They are very pretty.

I'm sure under your care they will come along nicely.

I think those of you who do fostering are very wonderful people - bless you!!

jenluckenbach
01-13-2004, 05:58 AM
MEATLOAF (no, not the position, the food)

When I first brought Calvin home he would not eat ANYTHING!!! He was terrified. I finally got him to eat meatloaf. :D

These girls are very beautiful!!! Best of luck to them.

RedHedd
01-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Gorgeous kitties! My ex-neighbor, Jane the crazy cat lady, had a Siamese/Birman mix named Tashi. That cat was so cool! She would play fetch for hours! Congrats on the beautiful fosters and now I see from another thread that one has been adopted. Double congrats! :)

krazyaboutkatz
01-13-2004, 11:40 PM
They're both gorgeous. I hope they'll eat on their own soon. If anyone can socialize them you can. Good luck.:)

rosethecopycat
01-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Well, I thought I'd let you all know how it went t the Vet for these two girlies.

Apart from being healthy.

I allotted 30 minutes to get them in their carriers. Well Tashi went in, like a lady.

But Meeshu!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

The ungodly sounds coming from her scared the people at the vet. I immediately asked for an exorcist.:eek:
The sound was the loudest scream I've ever heard. Yes, she is a Meezer. But this sound was like a toddler screaming: "NOOOOOO!" or "OWWWWW!"
I couldn't make a sound like that if I'd been hit by a bus.

It lasted 1 1/2 hours. She never turned mean, no attempts at scratching, no biting, no hissing, no growling. Just lungs.

I now grovel for their forgiveness. Tashi has already forgiven me, but Meeshu will not come to me, at all.

:rolleyes:

Boy, we sure turned some heads though.

CatDad
01-15-2004, 04:24 PM
Well, I'm glad to hear that they both got a clean bill of health and that all went well. Except, of course, for the unholy sounds.

Hopefully Meeshu will forgive you a some point.

They certainly are great looking girls.:)

Did they ever eat?

rosethecopycat
01-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Up till their ordeal today the girls have partaken of a steady diet of KFC!
Some kibble and the occasional bite of Deli Turkey (@$7/lb)

I was weaning them onto appropriate cat foods but now they aren't interested in anything or anybody.

They'll snap out of it.

rg_girlca
01-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Oh I wish you all the best with these two beautiful girls.
I don't mean to sound mean or anything, but reading about the experience at the vets and getting a mental picture of it, made me laugh. I'm sure at the time it wasn't funny for you, but I get a hoot out of how a meezer is so vocal in letting you know what it wants and doesn't want.

rosethecopycat
01-16-2004, 08:15 PM
Oh Lorraine,

I have a sense of humor about just about anything.

It was comical. And I'm glad she's settled down and is my friend again.

That is a sound that is burned into my memory...

....unholy.:p :eek:

IttyBittyKitty
01-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Sounds like you've got a loud "talker" on your hands! I can't believe that Meeshu yowled for so long :eek:

At any rate, they are both lovely cats and they will find furrever homes in no time!!

rosethecopycat
01-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Well, the sisters are now permanently separated, yet are still in my house.:(
It goes right along with what the rescue says about two females close in age, sisters or not.
Here's the story.

We recovered nicely from the vet visit on Thurs. and all was forgiven.

Last night, as Chris and I were doing paperwork, we heard a huge crash, in the foster room. It sounded like bookcases falling over, only thing is: no bookcases in there.
Well, we ran in there and there was a lamp (on the floor) and two very frightened kitties. They split off into different directions, and I tried to sooth them out.
I took Tashi over to her sister, and they had a fit. I figured out that they were now mad at each other.
Ok, so I let them chill out. An hour later I came in the room to go to bed. They came close to each other, and had a mini showdown. Tails big, ears not too far back. And I chilled them out of it.
So, I got in bed, slightly after I fell asleep, there was a bad fight, on top of me, of course. I got scratched, but nothing more. (thank God, vet did their nails for me)
Meeshu was really ‘hitting the roof’! She tried so hard to jump out the window. Jumping up into the blinds. Just defying gravity, I swear.
After racing around the room, three times, attacking each other, they stopped. I got the carrier and put Tashi in, and got the foster 2 room together.
I left them both alone for the night.
In the morning, I went into Meeshu’s room and her tail was still huge. Very cautiously coming out from the covers. Definitely looking for Tashi. It took over ten minutes to get her tail down, and still she looked.

Tashi, in a brand new room, was much less nervous. Her tail was not big, and she was cautious, but I think it’s because she didn’t know that room.

Now, I can't with a good conscience, let them go together, knowing what they are capable of.

They are both acting so sweet now, almost a week later.

Let's see what happens now.....:rolleyes: