PDA

View Full Version : the cat plop

stacwase
01-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Do your cats do the plop?

Here's Toby doing the plop. Kyler gets up kind of early then lays around on the couch, waking up. Toby things his God-given right to plop on top of anything and anybody, whenever he has the urge. He gives quite a guilt trip when it's time to get up and get moving, too!

http://photothru.com/photo_filedb1/A5/86/D3/A586D3/viewable/A586D3_131C9B034B2D_1.jpg

kimlovescats
01-12-2004, 09:06 PM
How adorable!!!! :D

AvaJoy
01-12-2004, 09:55 PM
Yes, Schuyler (white cat) loves to simply plop/flop in the middle of the kitchen floor, expecially when I am busy preparing meals, etc.! Maybe it is his way of letting me know that he wants his attention time. He is a BIG cat to step over, so I can't use the excuse (if I step on his tail or another part of his anatomy) that I didn't notice him! :p

slick
01-12-2004, 11:20 PM
Yes, Max does the plop.....right in front of the bathroom door in the morning, so I have to step over him to get to the bedroom. He will stay "plopped" there until I bend down and give him the tummy rubs he deserves.:D :D

CatDad
01-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Bob will plop...actually Bob will plop just about anywhere.:D However, the one that we have to watch for is at the top of the stairs. We have to pay homage to his great belly to pass.;)

Joey has actually started to come and plop on me when I lay down on the couch. This one I don't mind, really because I have been hoping she would do that.:)

Nomilynn
01-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Nutmeg always plops on the stairs, leaving me NO way to get around her!!!! heheh.. it's especially bad if I'm carrying the laundry basket!

Sometimes Bassett plops, ALWAYS followed by a HUGE stretch.. it's like plop and stretch.. it goes together :D

Tilly plops on people, and gets all purry and affectionate :)

jazzcat
01-13-2004, 12:22 AM
That picture of Toby is too cute!!

My Jazzy girl is the plopper in this house. She will plop under foot just as you're about to step down.

sirrahbed
01-13-2004, 07:12 AM
:D "The Emily-Plop" is a big joke around here! All we have to do is reach down for her belly and she drops in her tracks without even getting comfy - just PLOP - unceremoniously. Always ready to have her belly rubbed. It's is too funny! :D

catnapper
01-13-2004, 07:19 AM
Oh how sweet! Toby looks purrfectly content and as if he's giving a nice bug hug!

I don't know if my guys do a Plop... its more delicate than that because they need to find just the right area and almost do the dog turn around three times thing.

stacwase
01-13-2004, 08:49 AM
Toby plops in the middle of the sidewalk when people he doesn't even know are walking on it! They have to rub his belly before he'll let them pass.

ramanth
01-13-2004, 08:53 AM
Zam likes to plop on the couch and rest her head on my lap. :D She gets indignant if I have to move.

She also like to plop on the kitchen floor when I'm cooking.

Lallypop11
01-13-2004, 11:11 AM
Oh yes, I know the cat plop. In fact, Priss plops down so hard on the ground sometimes, I think she's hurting herself, it's really funny. They definitely will tell you where they feel like sitting. I love their sass. :D

RedHedd
01-13-2004, 11:16 AM
Ah yes, the kitty plop! Mishi started doing it lately - at first I thought he had fallen, but then I watched him do it again and again -- it's so funny and LOUD! :D

My RB Goldie used to plop constantly when she wanted a belly rub -- she would just plop right in front of you (very noisily) to get your attention. So cute!

catland
01-13-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by slick
Yes, Max does the plop.....right in front of the bathroom door in the morning, so I have to step over him to get to the bedroom.

Joxer *USED* to do that - until he was stepped on one too many times - by accident of course. That's what happens when you are an all grey kitty hiding in the shadows.