PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Grandma!

4 Dog Mother
01-12-2004, 02:53 AM
Just thought I would sign in real quick and let all the Pet Talk people now that Dakota's Mommy (Christy) had a baby girl at 1:38 am Texas time this morning (Monday, Jan. 12). Brian was there! They had a baby girl and have named her Jasmine Marie. She weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz.

Brian was due to go back to Iraq on Sunday morning at 3 am. Christy stared labor about 11:00 pm on Sat. Night. When Brian go to the airport (about a 2 hour drive from their house), he was told there was no room on the airplane and told to return at 5 am this morning. Christy went into the hospital about 3:30 pm Sunday afternoon. At about 8:00 pm Brian was trying to get an extention on his leave since it looked like the baby might not arrive before he had to leave for the airport. We weren't sure they would give it to him because they wouldn't earlier this week when he tried. But I guess that fact that she was in labor worked and he has been give a 10 day extension.

I am leaving Tuesday morning to go there. Amy gets to keep Snoopy and Taggert while I am gone, Dazzi goes to my sister and Oreo and Jack will stay home with a neighbor letting them in and out,etc. Don't know how long I will be gone or if I will be able to post from Christy's computer.

I will try to post a picture (if Brian sends me one) before I leave and if not I will send one to Amy so she can post after I get there.

Well, this one sleepy Grandma is signing off. Prayers for the new family requested. Christy was running a fever before and after delivery but baby seems fine.

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-12-2004, 05:11 AM
Congrats!! I am very glad that Brian was there. I am sure he would have hated missing the birth of their first child.

I feel so uncaught up from my time away from Pet Talk. I didn't even know Christy was pregnant!! Once again, congrats Christy on your new baby girl!

delidog
01-12-2004, 05:34 AM
WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations To ALL the Family!!!!
I was just asking Amy about this the other Day....Knew it was time!!!!!
So Glad that Brian got to be there!!!! And for him to get a 10 Day Extension is Awesome!!!!

Welcome Little Jasmine Marie!!!!!!!!!
So glad you are here,And Healthy And Happy!!!!!

Have a Good Trip Grand Mommy!!!!

Yeah Auntie Amy and Uncle Ralph!!!!!!!!;) :) :D

RobiLee
01-12-2004, 05:57 AM
Yay! I am so excited for you all! Congrats to Christy and Brian! I am so glad that Brian got to be there. You have a safe trip and a great visit out there, Grandma. Enjoy that new Grandbaby! Don't worry about the furkids. I'm sure they will be just fine. Tell Christy and Brian that I can't wait to meet them and their entire family at the dog park some day. Aunt Amy and Uncle Ralph have a great ring to it. I know they will make a great aunt and uncle! Gosh, I'm so happy for all of you!

Welcome to the world, Jasmine Marie! Can't wait to see pictures of you!

Hugs to you all....Robin :)

joycenalex
01-12-2004, 06:09 AM
soooo many congradulations!!! this is exciting!

aly
01-12-2004, 07:35 AM
CONGRATS!!!!

I can't wait for the pictures!

I live really close to Christy so after you and Brian leave, please tell her she can contact me if she needs any help. Even if she wants me to just stop by and hold the baby while she takes a shower. I know it can be overwhelming to have a new baby because I've helped all my cousins and neighbors with their babies. I'm sure its especially hard when your husband is away too.

I hope you have a safe trip!

ramanth
01-12-2004, 07:52 AM
Congratulations!!! :D *hugs to all*

(btw, I think Jasmine is such a beautiful name :D )

Cataholic
01-12-2004, 08:02 AM
Congratulations! Best wishes for all three of them!, and you, too, of course. What a blessing.

Tina
01-12-2004, 08:18 AM
Congrats to Christy and Brian!!

And welcome to the world little Jasmine Marie!

amoore
01-12-2004, 08:27 AM
Congratulations! :)
Great news!:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-12-2004, 09:02 AM
CONGRATULATIONS GRANDMA!!!!!!!

AWWWWW

What a wonderful blessing... Jasmine is a lucky girl to have such a sweet grandma to teach her how to love animals!!

can't wait to see a picture!!

Prayers on the way for the family!!

Kona & Oreo's mom
01-12-2004, 09:08 AM
Congratulations to the whole family!

ChrisH
01-12-2004, 10:15 AM
Aww, that's wonderful!!:) Congratulations to Christy and Brian, and all the family! :D

Karen
01-12-2004, 10:43 AM
Congratulations to everyone! To Grandma, to Auntie Amy, to the new momma and daddy, and especially to Miss Jasmine, for picking a great family to be born into, and on having good timing so her daddy didn't miss her birth!

Welcome, baby, we love you already!

KYS
01-12-2004, 10:51 AM
Congratulations!!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Congratulations!!! I'm sooo happy Brian was able to be there - boy, talk about timing being everything!

Cinder & Smoke
01-12-2004, 12:51 PM
W:)W!

GranMom gotz a 2-Legger GranKid! :D

An ConGratz to the New Mom & Dad, too!!

And...
Did enniebuddie membur to tell GranPAW!!??
GomGratz to HIM, too!! ;)

Safe Flite to Texas, Granny!!

Be sure to give the Lil KidPup a *skritch* frum us!

:D

4 Dog Mother
01-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Yes, Grandma woke grandpa up at 3:00 am to tell him about the new arrival. I think he was glad he wasn't here because I can get a little antsy waiting for things to happen. Not much sleeping going on here last night. The dogs are just exhausted!!!:D Mom was up and down and just wouldn't settle!

Unfortunately, Grandpa won't be able to go out to see the baby right now. He will have to find a way to get to see the new babe. And he is just as anxious as the rest of us to see pics of the new babe. Grumble, grumble, why did we buy them that camera? What was the big rush to get to the hospital and forget the camera?

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. Talked to Christy this morning and everything is going well.

trayi52
01-12-2004, 01:42 PM
Congratulations on becoming a granny!! I am so happy that Brain got to see his sweet litle baby. He gets to stay and extra 10 days!! That sweet little Jasmine is already a miracle worker.

I bet your daughter was happy to have him with her. This is just the greatest news!

Willie

anna_66
01-12-2004, 01:50 PM
CONGRATULATIONS GRANDMA!

I'm glad to hear that Christi & baby are doing good:D

I'm so happy for all of you!

Cinder & Smoke
01-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by 4 Dog Mother
... The dogs are just exhausted!!! :D
Mom was up and down and just wouldn't settle!

... Grumble, grumble,
why did we buy them that camera?
What was the big rush to get to the hospital
and forget the camera?

CHILL, GranMom!! ;)

G-Mom prolly gonna want to Sit inna Cockpit onna plane ride to Texas!
Can hear it now...
"You FlyBoyz SURE you know the way to Texas!!??
Got enuff GAS in this thing!?
Won't it go any **FASTER**!??"

As for the *rush* to the Hoppsbittle...
Wonder WHO took WHO...???

Did BRIAN remember to *take* Christy...
or did MOM have to *take* Dad... ?? :rolleyes:

Glad **ALL is WELL** with Mom & Daughter!!

How soon is everyone Comin Home?

Cincy'sMom
01-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Welcome Jasmine!! Can't wait to see the baby girl :)

I've been practicing as an aunt...Ralph had 1 neice and 4 nephews when we got married (weel, he still does :) ) And ever since then our niece has been begging for a baby girl cousin. She will be so jealous to know I have a new niece!!!

G-Mom prolly gonna want to Sit inna Cockpit onna plane ride to Texas!Can hear it now...

And she is staying up here tonight...think I'll get any sleep?!?

And I'm with my dad on this camera thing...they went to the hospital at 3 pm and they baby was born at 2 am...like somebody could have gone back for it?

lovemyshiba
01-12-2004, 03:40 PM
Congratulations to everyone!!!!!!!

Welcome to the world little miss Jasmine Marie!!!!

Your post nearly brought me to tears of happiness--I'm so glad Brian was able to be there!!! And it was so close too!!!

I'm very happy for Christy and Brian, and little Jasmine, as well as Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Amy, Uncle Ralph, and don't forget about Jasmine's siblngs--Destiny, Dakota, and Sierra!!!!!

Can't wait to see the pictures!!!!!

catland
01-12-2004, 03:44 PM
congratuations:D :D :D

4 Dog Mother
01-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
CHILL, GranMom!! ;)

G-Mom prolly gonna want to Sit inna Cockpit onna plane ride to Texas!
Can hear it now...

As for the *rush* to the Hoppsbittle...
Wonder WHO took WHO...???

Did BRIAN remember to *take* Christy...
or did MOM have to *take* Dad... ?? :rolleyes:
[/i]
Grandma is having a hard time "chilling"- remember this is her youngest child AND her first grandchild! And they are so far from home. And yes I will probably be wondering why the plane can't go any faster and why Carl thought I might have a hard time getting from one concourse to the other at Dallas/Fort Worth - haven't you seen those commercials where O.J Simpson is racing through the airport jumping luggage etc. I am sure this grandmother trying to get to her first grandchild can do bettter than that - 2 and 1/2 hour layover - heck, I'll find that other plane in ten minutes.

captain
01-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Yah Hooooooooooo - Congrats Christy, Brian and all the Furkids.

Auntie Amy and Uncle Ralph ............ Congrats! Amy, you can get that horse now :D

GranMom and GranDad - boy oh boy, how spoilt is this little one gonna be!!!

Speedy recovery Christy, and Jasmine - Welcome to a wonderful world that awaited your birth with anticipation.:)

HoRsELUvR
01-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Congratulations!

delidog
01-12-2004, 08:14 PM
How about a Walgreens' Disposable Camera????

We Need Pics!!!!;) :) :D

mugsy
01-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Welcome to the world Jasmine....tell Mom to introduce you to Pet Talk very soon....my philosophy..."Get 'em young and raise 'em up right."

Congrats Diane (Grandma) and Amy (Auntie) and Christy and Brian (Mom and Dad)!!!

carole
01-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Oh what wonderful happy news, and so great that hubby could be there to see his little girl enter the world, I love her name, both Jasmine and Marie, CONGRATULATIONS to all of you, what a special happy time this is for you all., thinking of you and wishing you all the best with your new grandaughter.:)

4 Dog Mother
01-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Well, I'm here in Texas - none of the pilots threw me off the planes for nagging them to fly faster! Took lots of pictures but haven't figured out how to upload them yet off my camera to Christy's computer. It is 11:00 here, Midnight my time, and I am relly tired so I don't know if I will get any pictures uploaded tonight but for sure tomorrow!!

My granddaughter is the most beautiful grandchild there ever was! She and Christy will be coming home tomorrow - they would have released Christy today but due to some of the complications during birth they wanted to wait on some tests that were run on Jasmine before releasing her. Mom didn't want to leave without baby so she is spending another night too. Both seem to be doing very well.

Well, want to see if I can upload any pics.

Corinna
01-13-2004, 11:14 PM
Congrats to all, so glad Brian was able to be there and get the extra time.
WHAT do you mean we have to wait till tommorrow how selfish.!!!!!!!
Just kidding I remember how my mom was after each of the 4 grand kids were born. Sleep well bit fast.:D

shais_mom
01-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Congratulations to everyone!!! How exciting!!!!
Have a safe trip!

lovemyshiba
01-14-2004, 01:12 AM
I can't wait to see the pictures!!
Glad you made it there safe, grandma!!!

4 Dog Mother
01-14-2004, 08:34 AM
Here are some pictures of my beautiful new granddaughter Jasmine Marie.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/pc06d154cb2bc5b6f688ce9441c7ef438/f9f34d77.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/pcdf94250e5987147cfb48056c6960963/f9f34d9b.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/pd114bfe8a268d53a3593b5b3e4440ef1/f9f34d83.jpg

Cookiebaker
01-14-2004, 08:44 AM
What a very beautiful baby! Welcome Baby Jasmine :)

Thanks for the pictures, Grandma and congratulations to you!

tatsxxx11
01-14-2004, 08:54 AM
Oh, what a beautiful baby girl you are Jasmine!!!:) Congratulations to you Grandma! (And Mom and Dad, of course!:D) You all must be SO proud!:)

trayi52
01-14-2004, 09:05 AM
What a beautiful granddaughter you have. I bet you are so proud of her. Well how does it feel to be a granny. Feels great, don't it?

Jasimine Marie is so beautiful. Looks like mommy is doing really well, tired but very well. How is Daddy doing?

Congratulations on your first grandbaby!! There is nothing like being a grandmother!!

Willie

Tina
01-14-2004, 09:11 AM
Jasmine is such a beautiful little baby!

gini
01-14-2004, 09:17 AM
What a beautiful, beautiful baby girl. You must be beside yourself with joy.

Isn't the internet wonderful? Everyone around the globe gets to see her if they wanted. (that is if someone remembers to bring the camera:D ).

Enjoy each and every moment with her......and Congratulations to everyone.

amoore
01-14-2004, 09:37 AM
How beautiful she is! You are a lucky grandmother!

You will have a lot of fun with that beautiful little girl!

Congratulations to you and your family!

RobiLee
01-14-2004, 11:26 AM
Awww...Christy and Jasmine are beautiful! It's so nice to meet you little Jasmine. Congrats to everyone!

Robin :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-14-2004, 11:30 AM
Those pictures are great.

Glad you made it to Texas safely. I am sure Christy will be happy to have you around.

lovemyshiba
01-14-2004, 11:38 AM
She is just beautiful!!!!
Christy looks good too! So today is homecoming day, and I suppose we can expect more pictures, right!!!???;)

You are a beautiful baby, Jasmine Marie, welcome.

mugsy
01-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Congrats to all the family members!! Great pictures. Chirsty looks thrilled at having her picture taken! lol

Glad everyone is happy and healthy and that Brian was able to be home.

Cincy'sMom
01-14-2004, 01:53 PM
Not to say that PT is in the middle or anything...but this is where I come to see pictures of my niece? Course I didn't even check my email first, cause I knew they would be posted here :)

Christy, she is beautiful. I don't know who she gets that from...must be her aunt ;) (J/k!)

Get some rest girl...you look exhausted!! Let your "team" (mom Brian, his dad, Terry) do all the work...you just sit back and relax!!!

Have the puppers met their new sis yet? What do they think?

Congrats again Christy and Brian!!!

4 Dog Mother
01-14-2004, 08:32 PM
Yes, after getting home this morning each pup got her turn meeting Jasmine. They each sniffed her, and ugh, yes, mom and dad let them lick her to Grandma Kuhn and Grandpa Corbitt's dismay. They are a little curious as to what this new addition is and they are not too fond of her crying (Dakota ran from the house.

First day at home and baby and Brian and Christy are doing fine!

mugsy
01-14-2004, 08:37 PM
When does Brian ship out again? I'm glad all are home safe and sound and the poochies are fine with little Jasmine. They'll get used to the crying, I'm sure.

delidog
01-14-2004, 08:39 PM
Wow!!!!
Congratulations To ALL!!!!!!!!

A real Pet Talk Family!!!!! (Amy,Did you Really think that her Pics would be Anywhere Else????;) )

Glad Everyone is home,Safe & Sound!!!!

Poor Dakotah!!! She'll get used to it!!!;) :)

Keep us Posted...and know That You ALL ar:) in our thoughts!!!

lovemyshiba
01-14-2004, 08:54 PM
Well, Jasmine got a proper welcoming from her canine siblings, lol!!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well still:)

gini
01-15-2004, 09:04 AM
This is so special that we get to share in a Pet Talk family.

The puppers will soon be so protective of Jasmine. It just takes a day or two.

My brother's shepherd was a little skittish for a day or two with the first baby, by the time they had the second baby he just looked at it and said "oh, another one of those."

4 Dog Mother
01-15-2004, 07:23 PM
When does Brian ship out again? Brian is due to leave on Wednesday the 21st - we are not sure what time he has to be at the airport.

More pictures of the baby are here:
Jasmine (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288009555)

4 Dog Mother
01-16-2004, 12:26 AM
The album for Jasmine is
here (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288009555)

A few pictures from it. The proud new daddy and Jasmine:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p61a93b68b35f092861cd1352c86d0b10/f9ef8882.jpg

And one of me with her:http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p63db5ea9b6ee33f1d256c9a1df7e00c8/f9ef808d.jpg

Brian's dad is here too and we are having the best time spoiling this precious child!

shais_mom
01-16-2004, 12:29 AM
YEAAA!!! the proud Grandma!!!!
Glad things are going well!!! she is precious

lovemyshiba
01-16-2004, 12:31 AM
I looked through the album--it is beautiful!! What a wonderful time for you all!!!
And Christy went from being all alone to having a houseful--good for her!!!!!

all of these baby pictures are making me want one.........

trayi52
01-16-2004, 12:41 AM
That picture of Brian with Jasmine is just so precious, I am so happy he got to meet his little girl before leaving. And then you look so sweet with that Grand baby, and so very proud! I just want to congratulate you again.

Beautiful pictures!! I am so happy for all of you. Make sure you give that sweet daughter of yours a great big hug from all of us, and tell her she looks so beautiful. There is nothing like the face of a new mommy, new daddy and a new grandmother!

Tell Brian to please stay safe, and I will pray for him. My heart just goes out to our wonderful young men. Give him a special thank you from all of us at Pet Talk.

Willie

amoore
01-16-2004, 08:54 AM
Beautiful family!:)

micki76
01-16-2004, 09:28 AM
Look at you, proud Grandma! :)

Congrats to the entire family! Nice to have a new Pet Talker aboard. :D I'm glad they're letting the dogs love on her, too! ;)

Jasmine is one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen. :eek: She's gonna be a heartbreaker!

BTW - Eric isn't too bad either :o

wolf_Q
01-17-2004, 11:49 PM
Congratulations!! She's adorable!! :)

gini
01-18-2004, 12:07 AM
Thank you so much for sharing your family album with all of us.

Jasmine couldn't be more precious - ha, like I am telling you something that you don't already know.

What a joyous time for everyone and I am so happy that Brian was home for the birth of Jasmine.

Grandma, you look like you are about to burst a button!!:D