PDA

View Full Version : Well...Number 10 is in the house!

catcrazylady
01-11-2004, 08:33 PM
Some of you may not have seen my thread awhile back. I was freaking out because we had another kitty that seemed to have chosen us. My husband (the big macho guy who will blame me for this) decided that she liked him and he needed a kitty that wouldn't back away from him! I really didn't want to do this again. We are stretched now but the weather turned very cold and the snow came along. My heart just can't bear to see such a thing and in she came! Last night did not go so well. She has been handled by my neighbor so she is people friendly but has never been inside. She stayed under the couch and did all her business there!! Wonderful!!
This morning she was freaking out at the door so we let her out since the sun was shining and it had warmed up some. Well tonight she showed up and sat looking in the window. I let her in, out, in, out, in, out, and for the last time IN! I told her that was it because it was very cold out. She is under the couch sleeping. I have shown her the litter boxes but she did not use them. I'm hoping that she will adjust and begin to understand the rules of indoors.
The other cats don't seem to mind her but they have to constantly be watching or sniffing her. I think that prevents her from moving around the house more. I don't know what to do about that because I have no place to lock her up with a litter box and I can't fuss at the other kitties because they are not being mean to her. Just nosy!
Here are some pics of her. Right now I am calling her Sally.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p8ee957110fb433c99bf41a16f00bf7df/fa11348d.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p3e0683352c87645d71289c8ffbaf7c91/fa11346c.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p1a7d7cebf19a5aea9af230421f93bb45/fa113461.jpg

She has a small white patch on her throat and about five white hairs on her lower belly.

Jen, did you see this coming???
I did! http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

catnapper
01-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Oh, first off, welcome to the new member of a large and happy cat family! Second, she looks just like my friend's cat, Blackbird (gone a long time now and I miss him as he was MY cat at a time when I lived at home with a mom very allergic to them) Birdie (as we called him) was the sweetest thing and actually came when you called. He too was an indoor/outdoor cat... but only outdoor when his meowmie or I was around to monitor him.

I have never had to deal with teaching a grown cat the litter box. Allen was young and therefore easy (but oh so finicky) and Pouncer came potty trained. Best of luck and hopefully she will follow the lead of the other cats and figure out what that funny box with smelly sand is for!

aly
01-11-2004, 08:41 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Miss Sally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sally is a gorgeous girl. My Shiloh is a black beauty with a white patch also (but hers is on her belly).

catcrazylady
01-11-2004, 08:45 PM
I'm hoping she figures out the litter box thing real quick!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif She is still very young so here is hoping! She may have to be one of those indoor outdoor kitties until she calms down. She just doesn't understand inside yet. I'm sure it won't take her long! If nothing else I'm going to be sure to keep her in at night when the temps are so low outside. I'm hoping that she will decide to live with us so I don't have to worry about her being outside.

***BIG SIGH*** Here we go again!!

Vermontcat
01-11-2004, 08:47 PM
She is a beautiful kitty!:)
I did notice that your signature was missing a black or black and white kitty so I am glad that Sally found you!;)
I hope that she will get along with your other cats.

kimlovescats
01-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Oh.... welcome sweet Sally girl! You are so lovely, and boy did you stumble upon the PURRFECT home, girlfriend!!!:D j
You just chill out under the couch a while, and soon you will realize that the indoor life is the life for you! ;)

cutie_chica
01-11-2004, 09:12 PM
AWW, Im glad she found a good home like yours. The temps have been freezing around here. Anyway, I hope she comes around to the litterbox lol....:)

catcrazylady
01-11-2004, 10:09 PM
I think the correct term would be "She found a SUCKER for a cute kitty!"
Whats one more....right?

Tonya
01-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Welcome home, Sally! :D

NoahsMommy
01-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Ooooooooh!!! Sally is GORGEOUS!!! Her fur is so silky and luxurious!!!

Bless you for being there for her. :)

RedHedd
01-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Oh Sweet Sally! She is SO cute .... and that little tongue pic
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid97/p3e0683352c87645d71289c8ffbaf7c91/fa11346c.jpg
Oh so cute! I hope she figures out the litter box thing too.

rg_girlca
01-11-2004, 11:13 PM
Hey CCL, you had to make it an even 10. Nine is such a plain number.
Welcome sweet Sally. She is such a pretty girl.
Good luck on the litter box issue and keeping her inside.

Looks like we will be seeing a new signature in the near future.:)

shais_mom
01-11-2004, 11:34 PM
YEAA!!!
She is beautiful!!!

krazyaboutkatz
01-12-2004, 12:30 AM
CCL, Congrats on kitty #10!!!:D Welcome to Pet Talk gorgeous Sally. I sure hope she learns how to use the litterbox quickly. Maybe she can learn by watching the other cats. Good luck.:)

bisi.cat
01-12-2004, 01:57 AM
Welcome, Sally!!!
How wonderful you opened your home to another kit in need!!!
It may take some time 'til she gets used to live indoors and use the litterbox...during summertime Nellie refuses to use the litterbox, too (she's allowed outside during daytime), but now that she's older she prefers to use a comfortable litterbox rather than an soaked wet garden spot...just give Sally some time and she'll adjust...for now she has to learn that she has been really successful in finding a new home and that she's a keeper!!!

How lovely of you to take her in!!!

Craftlady
01-12-2004, 03:06 AM
Sally is beautiful, she looks just like Skinny :)

sirrahved
01-12-2004, 07:31 AM
Jen had better watch out, or you might catch up!

When is Jen adopting another?:D;)

jenluckenbach
01-12-2004, 07:41 AM
Welcome Sally!!

Are you certain that there is NO place for her to be separate for a while until she feels safe enough to actually GO TO the litter box to use it. The problem may not be that she does not know how, the problem might be that she is intimidated.

Biddy came to me directly from a life outdoors. And he missed the litter box the 1st 2 times, but he got close (Front in, back not in) :rolleyes: And being an intact adult male I was REALLY worried, but he did fine. And so should Sally.

Did I see it coming??????????????:p
When am I adopting again?????????? ;)

Let me know how she is making out.

Vio&Juni
01-12-2004, 08:28 AM
When I read your first thread, I knew you'll take her :)

sirrahbed
01-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Vio&Juni
When I read your first thread, I knew you'll take her :)

That is pretty much what I wanted to say:D Now you need to make room on your new sig block. An even dozen in the family is perfect! (counting you and hubby) Sally really is gorgeous!! I don't know a thing about indoor/outdoor stuff though. Hope she learns what that box is for. I HATE cleaning up messes - like who does?? DUH!! Well, congratulations to the new addition. I think she is here to stay! Wonder if she will be a daddy's girl? What does Sammy think about her??

PS Get the cat tree yet??
PPS 100 questions!:D :D

Killearn Kitties
01-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Aww what a lovely little girl. Welcome Sally and congratulations on finding a wonderful home!!:D

Miss Meow
01-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Congratulations!!! :)

Cataholic
01-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Another Black Beauty in our Midst!

ChrisH
01-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Aww, she is beautiful! :) Congratulations, and bless you for taking her in.

p.s. Sally reminds me a lot of my Ebby, she also has the white patch and a few white hairs on her belly.:D

moosmom
01-12-2004, 06:03 PM
CCL,

I certainly saw it coming!! :D:D:D Sally is one beautiful little girl. Just give her time with the litterbox thing. Remember, before she came into your life, the WORLD was her litterbox!!!

Congratulations!!