PDA

View Full Version : Smelling your mouth

Kfamr
01-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Does anyone else's dog "smell your mouth"?

Whenever I try and get Nala to give kisses, or someone else tries to get kisses, she just sniffs your mouth. It feels odd lmao

She normally gives me kisses but just sniffs other people's mouths.

DogLover9501
01-11-2004, 06:43 PM
Piddle and Jasper are like that, Piddle only does it when people are wearing lipstick/lip gloss, but Jasper always does it, he wont give kisses anyway....:rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
01-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Cincy is a huge mouth sniffer!!! She rarely gives kisses, but loves to get in your face and smell your breath. It is really funny the way she does it.

Sadieonthe other hand is a huge kisser. Don't open your mouth to talk, yawn, laugh etc., if she is anywhere nearby, or you will have a dog tongue in your mouth. :eek:

Spot doesn't do too much of either...He'd rather lay his head on your shoulder then get in your face. Such a sweet guy :)

CamCamPup33
01-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Yep, cami does it alot.. Lol.. Especially like if i just had a mint, brushed my teeth ect.. Ill blow on her face and she will sniff, sniff! :p Or if im wearing lip gloss.. lol

apcrs5122
01-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
Yep, cami does it alot.. Lol.. Especially like if i just had a mint, brushed my teeth ect.. Ill blow on her face and she will sniff, sniff! :p Or if im wearing lip gloss.. lol

That's exactly how Alex is;) He loves to smell your breath after you eat anything, and if he likes it.......*pop* his tounge is in your mouth!:eek: ;) :D

Dogz
01-11-2004, 08:28 PM
Otis doesn't, Digger doesn't, Chubby and Prince do though.:)

Amber
01-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Katie usualy does it...like camcam said, if I brushed my teeth or if im chewing mint gum katie comes up and starts sniffing my mouth..hehe odd pup!:p

Cookiebaker
01-11-2004, 08:35 PM
Hahah This is a funny thread, because it is so true.

Malone *loves* to smell morning breath (Bleeeeee-eck!). If I want him to come, all I have to do is make a puffing sound and he will come running. :rolleyes: :D

Glacier
01-11-2004, 10:41 PM
I have a friend who is a horse expert. She always blows into her horses' mouths. She says it's one way horses use to identify each other. Maybe the dogs are doing the same thing!?

My Peanuts
01-12-2004, 04:05 PM
My Shih Tzu, Angie, used to smell my eye for a long time. She used to do it to everyone. Now Sylvia is starting to do it a little. It's weird :rolleyes:

dukedogsmom
01-12-2004, 05:10 PM
Duke does it sometimes. I believe it's from long ago when the pups took regurgitated food from the mama dog. Instinct that hasn't been bred out.

Kona & Oreo's mom
01-12-2004, 05:20 PM
Oreo smells my mouth or my face only when something is different--a new toothpaste, makeup, etc.

I know this is the dog category, but since I'm a mom to both . . . Kona, my cat, smells my (and any visitors') mouth in greeting--for identification, I think.

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-13-2004, 06:42 AM
Drake is a big mouth sniffer, too. Won't kiss before he smells your mouth. One time I had a piece of candy in my mouth and I was laying down, Drake kept sniffing my mouth and trying to get the candy out. It got irritating after a few mintues and I had to sit up and shoo him off me :D

pitc9
01-13-2004, 09:23 AM
Buddy is mouth sniffer and he is also an ear licker :eek:

(the big slimy tounge in the ear catches me off guard once in a while)

Smilla
01-13-2004, 10:56 AM
Lefty often smells my mouth before planting a big kiss on it. He also likes morning breath too, I think; or, he at least doesn't mind it. He always comes to "greet" me after my alarm goes off, and spends a good deal of time sniffing and licking my face or sniffing under the covers.

ramanth
01-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Kia sniffs at my mouth on occasion before giving a kiss. *laughs*
:D

cocker_luva
01-13-2004, 03:33 PM
my Jesse smells my mouth, i dont understand it. i know why dogs smell other dogs mouths, i wonder if she smells mine for the same reason. :p

tikeyas_mom
01-13-2004, 04:03 PM
all three of my dogs do that, maybe we all have stinky breath hahahaha.

Smilla
01-15-2004, 07:50 AM
It seems the stinkier the better, as far as dogs are concerned...

sabies
01-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Sadie always sniffs and then maybe gives kisses. She always kisses my boyfriend but I think since I'm a vegetarian she usually has no interest in licking my face.