PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Time

catnapper
01-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Come and get it!!!

Here's my guys eating... Pouncer's done, but still hanging out, and Allen's now digging in.

Silly boy NEVER sits on the table. He insists on standing on the chair.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p3858af288f77c0a335f11cd84c158617/f9fbdbb4.jpg

We have to keep their food on the table because Nicki LOVES cat food, and has gained a tn of weight after eating a ton of it! Now we need to work on how to keep the cats from eating dog food.

What's feeding time like around your house?

aly
01-11-2004, 12:31 PM
I have to keep Shiloh's bowl on the bathroom counter to prevent my piggy dogs from getting to it also. I feed all my foster cats and Skylar on the floor because between the 7 of them, they always manage to eat the food all at once. I also have the problem of a couple kitties going over and munching on the dog food when my dogs don't finish their dinner.

That is a cute pic you posted. I love how Allen won't sit on the table.

bisi.cat
01-11-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by catnapper

What's feeding time like around your house?

Never a problem, because my husband and I are vegetarians and never had the wish to try cat food...lol:D ...no seriously with only one cat in the house it's pretty easy, but Nellie only demands fresh food...so she gets about six mouse-sized portions over the day...

I love the bowls of Pouncer and Allen, would you mind to post a picture of that...I'm afraid I love cat stuff and always look for unique things...

catnapper
01-11-2004, 01:00 PM
Here are my bowls...

Allen's inside says "Wanted for excessive lap snuggling" Not quite true but he does have his moments
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/pe773997c8a2ef606b2178760a7a51de7/f9fbc7ad.jpg

The outside is more of the inside (sorry its dark and fuzzy)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/pb161b82193ed71948b1cb4bebd8adc5d/f9fbc7ae.jpg

One day at Christmastime, we had to feed Pouncer and his bowl was in the dishwasher, so I grabbed a Mikasa candy dish and tossed some food into it... the boy LOVED it, so now he has a very special dish!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p9bc15da2db4518dcab7433d0af27f196/f9fbc7a3.jpg

He used to have this terra cotta one form the very chic dollar store - way to upgrade my man!!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p02994a0bf307cca654d26d67bbcfb0e8/f9fbc7aa.jpg
once again, sorry for the fuzziness.

Lixx
01-11-2004, 01:07 PM
LOL, those are great. Feeding times not too bad here. Dante knows to leave the cat food alone......most of the time. The main problem is Yugi, our little kitten (well big kitten) He thinks he's senior and is always trying to steal Orangeyabald's food. Orange just sits backs and watches! He's just a softy for the kittens:)

NoahsMommy
01-11-2004, 04:11 PM
Awwww....what an adorable matching pair you have there! I just love tabbies and yours are gorgeous!! :)

Our Noel is the only one that likes to stand like that while she eats...but always in the way of Noah and Basie's dishes....she's quite the tortie. ;)

CatDad
01-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Feeding time at are house is a mellow event. Joey has wet food that she gets once a day. However, she is very insitant that she get fed. Bob gets wet food, but doesn't always come for it. He is wierd that way.

I love the Mikasa feeding bowl.:) Your guys really get to live like kings sometimes.

Cataholic
01-11-2004, 07:01 PM
We have 4 feeding stations at my house. 3 in the kitchen, one in the closet (Minnie has her own accomodations). The general population eats under the table, from three glass bowls and a watering bowl. Binx eats about 2 feet away. Tex (and Monte, and Ally, and Georgia, and sometimes Dakky) eat on top of the counter top. There is a 'wet' bowl, a water bowl, a kitten food bowl, and Tex's special food bowl. Tex knows he eats on top. The rest are nawteekats..jumping up there, and running away, when I come back in.

catcrazylady
01-11-2004, 08:11 PM
We have four feeding spots in our house. Sammy has is own bowl in the TV room so we can protect him from the varmits! he was alone for several years and he will not eat with anyone else! I truly believe that he would rather starve.
I use paper plates so they can be thrown away and I serve Peanut Butter, Stubby, and Lucky wet and dry mixed on one plate. Maggie Sue gets her own plate (tortietude). The last three youngsters get their own plate. Sometimes they mill around and trade off. I let them work it out. I free feed dry all the time. Peanut Butter very rarely eats wet food so he pretty much stays at the dry food bowls.
None of my kitties seem to have a problem in the weight department so I guess this is working ok.:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Nomilynn
01-11-2004, 09:18 PM
My cats free feed, so it's not really a big deal. They have a feeding "station" on the bed (yes.. on the BED) in the guest room hehe

jenluckenbach
01-12-2004, 08:02 AM
I would love to get a video of feeding time around here :)
But picture this:
15 cat in the kitchen watching with impatience.
Monte MUST be on the counter with the food. Jim tries the same trick, but too many on the counter makes dishing out difficult.
Scoop dry into 15 dishes. stacked up in the order that they get handed out.
4 cats get canned mixed in to dishes. At the very instant I open the can (without fail) Kim jumps on the counter and gets shooed off. Biddy attempt the same from the other side.
When the food is mixed. we start the rounds.
Fern first, up on to of the highest cabinet in the kitchen. The other cats are scolded if they try to bother her. They are USUALLY good about staying down.
Calvin and Willow have decided that they want to also eat down stairs in the living room so they have to wait until the others are all safely on the 2nd floor.
PIED PIPER route up the stairs.
Bonnie, Mickey, Kim, Jasper, Lucas, Biddy, Ashley, Sterling, Jim, Monte, Amber ..... each in their own carrier, door closed and on to the next room where Rutherford get to eat alone. (Spoiled child)
Charlie will give Calvin and Willow theirs as soon as the others are upstairs.

AND REST FOR A WEARY MAMA.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Awww....silly Allen! It's so funny that he has to stand up to eat instead of sitting on the table like any other normal cat. :D