PDA

View Full Version : should I be worrying?

Amber
01-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Ive just moved maggies food dishes into my room. (My dog was eating her food). Just a couple minits ago, I went to fill her bowl up. Noticed that her water wasnt gone. Was the same since yesterday. I dont think I have ever seen maggie drink water from her own bowl. She usually drinks out of Katie's. What's worrying me is that I havent seen her drink water for a time now. I checked to see if she was dehydrated, I tried to lift her skin but its fine. its not loose. Should I be worrying? Or do you think she just drinks at night? when everything is quiete and dark? ehh, sorry I worry over the littlest things for Maggie!

amoore
01-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Maybe she found a new water source? Sunny drinks from the other animals dishes somtimes. I have had my friends tell their kitties drink from the bathroom sometimes. I keep that door closed, so i don't know if sunny would or not.

Amber
01-10-2004, 07:52 PM
She might have....I have cought her a few times drinking from the toilit(sp?) :o :o

amoore
01-10-2004, 08:09 PM
Cats like to express their independence in strange ways.:p

moosmom
01-10-2004, 08:11 PM
Amber,

It doesn't sound like you have much to worry about. Since you tested her for dehydration and her scruff went back to normal, it sounds like she's getting her water source from somewhere else. Since you have caught her drinking out of the toilet, I would make sure it's flushed and clean and you don't use any "bleach tablets" in the tank. This could be toxic.

How about putting a water bowl in the bathroom??? Unless she starts showing signs of not eating or using the litterbox, I wouldn't worry too much!

Amber
01-10-2004, 08:17 PM
Okay thankyou very much! Glad I dont need to worry

slick
01-10-2004, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't worry. As long as she is peeing OK there's no problem.

miese Katze
01-10-2004, 08:30 PM
I just have a quick question, if you don't mind. To check for dehydration you pull at the skin a bit? I've never heard of this, could someone explain a bit?

cutie_chica
01-10-2004, 08:36 PM
I have never heard of the skin thing neither? What is it.. how do you do it? And about the cat, Tony wont drink water from his bowl anymore, and I was worryed until one night I woke up to hearing the water running, and the little buger learned how to push up on the faucet (sp?) and have water come out, so now I leave a little stream of cold water for him to drink from. :)

Amber
01-10-2004, 08:36 PM
sure, If you take a cat, pull on the skin, and the skin stays up all loose, the cat is dehydrated. If you pull on the skin and the skin goes down really fast then its not.

cutie_chica
01-10-2004, 08:46 PM
thank you, all my kittys fat goes right back down lol, so they get enough water!! Thanks for telling me about that :)

Amber
01-10-2004, 08:50 PM
your welcome!