PDA

View Full Version : Prayers please, for my stray.

rg_girlca
01-10-2004, 04:54 PM
There was a cat that I had seen near the end of last summer, limping badly while he was walking in the parking lot beside my house. It's a small parking lot that holds about 8 cars. Anyways, I would put food out at night near the bushes for him, trying to get him to trust me. As time went on, he's limping became less and less and he started to come closer to me each time where it got to a point where he would let me pet him. I think he was left behind when someone moved in July :mad: as none of the neighbours had seen him before. To make a long story short, as the weather got colder here, my hubby built a cat shelter for me to put on the gallery for him. We call him Limpy, the cat, not my hubby. This week has been bitter cold here in Montreal. The last time Limpy was in the cat shelter was on wednesday night. I think the cold must affect his leg that was injured as he seemed to be limping a bit. He would come up every night to eat and sleep in the cat shelter and get lovies from me while I sat in my porch. I'm so worried about him cause I haven't seen him at all since wednesday night. Thurday night I was up til 2 o'clock in the morning looking outside and calling for him.
Last night and today, I went down the back laneway calling him, but, nothing.
Please say a prayer for him, that he is okay and not frozen somewhere. I'm going to look in the back lane again tomorrow.
The temperature here tonight will be -27C with a wind chill factor of -38C. Tomorrow will be a little better with -13C, but with snow.

jenluckenbach
01-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Prayers for Limpy.

kuhio98
01-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Saying prayers for Limpy. I sure hope he shows up soon. Please keep us posted.

Have you heard of a product called Snuggle Safe Heat Pads? They work well for us keeping outdoor kitties (we live in Alaska) warm. You put it in the microwave for a few minutes and it stays warm for 12 hours. It really works. Depending on how large your shelter is, 1 or 2 of them should heat it up for anyone who decides to stay overnight.

http://www.petsmart.com/products/product_12125.shtml

kimlovescats
01-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Oh dear, Lorraine .... prayers for dear Limpy!!!:(

PayItForward
01-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Sending prayers for Limpy, I hope he turns up very soon

Kirsten
01-10-2004, 05:41 PM
Poor poor Limpy! *sendingpositiveandwarmingenergy*

Hopefully he has found a warm spot somewhere! Maybe somebody took him in during the cold?

Kirsten

rg_girlca
01-10-2004, 06:30 PM
Thank you all for your prayers. I'm hoping he'll come tonight.

Kuhio, that heat pad would be GREAT. I will have to check and see if they have something like that here in Montreal.

slick
01-10-2004, 07:17 PM
Limpy....where are you?????? Have you just found some other means of shelter for awhile???? Please come back.

OK God, you know what to do. You've never let us down yet.

rg_girlca
01-10-2004, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slick
[B]Limpy....where are you?????? Have you just found some other means of shelter for awhile????

Gosh I hope that's the case.
Thanks for your prayers. I hope they work.
One way or another I would like to find out what has happened to him.
Sweet little cat that he is, for the past month or so, would even follow me when I was walking Buddy.

cutie_chica
01-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Lots of warm fuzzy prayers for limpy!!!!

rg_girlca
01-10-2004, 11:08 PM
There was a cat in the shelter tonight, but it wasn't Limpy:(
This was a tabby that lives down the street. Why the heck people let their cats out in bitter cold weather is beyond me.:mad

krazyaboutkatz
01-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way for Limpy. I sure hope that wherever he is that he's safe and warm.

jazzcat
01-10-2004, 11:40 PM
Prayers on the way for Limpy. I hope he is safe and sound.

IttyBittyKitty
01-11-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by rg_girlca

The temperature here tonight will be -27C with a wind chill factor of -38C. Tomorrow will be a little better with -13C, but with snow.

I'm not just praying for that poor little kitty Limpy, I'm praying that you don't turn into an icycle pop either! That is FREEZING!

bisi.cat
01-11-2004, 02:00 AM
Prayers are on the way!!!

Maybe Limpy not only visited your home, but another one as well (stray cats sometimes wander around to look for shelter and food) and maybe because of the freezing temperatures the others have brought him/her inside?!
However I hope you will hear about Limpy soon!!!

rg_girlca
01-11-2004, 02:09 AM
The power of PT prayers did it again.:D
I went out just before 2:00 a.m. to check the cat shelter and........

...............................MY LIMPY WAS IN THERE...................................

Oh, I was sooooooo happy to see him. I brought him a tin of cat food and brought it into the porch so he could have a little warmth to eat. I sat there talking to him while he was eating, asking him where he had been and telling him how worried I was and that he should never do that again. He gobbled up his food like no tomorrow. I stayed with him for about an hour giving him lots of lovies. Then he went back out into the cat shelter for the night.
Thank you ALL for your positive thoughts and prayers.
Now I will be able to get a good nights sleep.

Kirsten
01-11-2004, 05:43 AM
YAY, he's back!!!! :)

That's wonderful news! Thanks for the update!

Kirsten

Julie Grove
01-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Yeah...Limpy's back!

kuhio98
01-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Yeah! Hope Limpy stays closer to home during this cold spell. Glad everything turned out well.

rg_girlca
01-11-2004, 04:23 PM
............................................THANKS :D ..........................................

CatDad
01-11-2004, 04:39 PM
I am so happy to hear that Limpy is back and safe. Hopefully the talk that you had will prevent him from sacring you further.:)

Give Limpy(the cat, not the husband:)) some love for me.

kimlovescats
01-11-2004, 07:18 PM
Oh, Lorraine .... what wonderful news!!!! Give Limpy some extra huggies for me too, and tell him to stay home!!! :D

krazyaboutkatz
01-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Oh, Lorraine .... what wonderful news!!!! Give Limpy some extra huggies for me too, and tell him to stay home!!! :D Very well said Kim. Ditto for me too.:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-12-2004, 11:34 AM
Yeah! I'm sorry I didn't get to this until he was already back, but I'm so happy he found his way home again.

Hugs and smoochies to you Limpy! :D

Miss Meow
01-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Yay for Limpy!!!

Now Limpy, don't you ever scare your mummy again. You have food, shelter, a bit of love - you don't need anything else on those bad, dangerous streets ... :)