PDA

View Full Version : I ordered a cat tree! Check this out!!

catcrazylady
01-10-2004, 04:53 PM
I'm so excited!!!! I can't wait for it to get here!! The babies are going to have so much fun!!
They are expensive but I took some of the insurance money from our robbery and went for it. They need one and I just really liked this one. I added a tunnel that will be placed under that square bed with the kitty in it.
I ordered it early Friday and he said that it would be shipped the same day. He thought I would have it by Monday but I'm not expecting it until Tuesday or Wednesday.
I'm more excited about this than any gift I have ever recieved!! Am I nuts???

http://pussicat.com/images/magking.gif

jenluckenbach
01-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Great tree. I too, more enjoy the things I get for others (especially my cats) than I do for myself.
When it comes you MUST tell me how it is. I have always been skeptical about those with the bases so much smaller than the width of the beds and/or shelves. But since I never saw one in person I don't know if they are stable or not.
Have fun kitties!!! :D

catcrazylady
01-10-2004, 05:03 PM
That was my main concern Jen. I talked with the gentleman and explained my kitty needs...how many, how much they weigh...and expressed great concern for tipping. He recommended that I go with a large base and guaranteed that tipping would not be an issue. The larger base only added $13.00 more dollars so that is what I did.
I'm sure I will have plenty of pictures and advice when I get this!

sqwelch
01-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Can't wait to see the pics, I'm sure the kitties will love it :D

jenluckenbach
01-10-2004, 05:14 PM
So it is the same tree as pictured only the base is larger than pictured? Is that correct? If so, sounds good to me. :)

catcrazylady
01-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Jen,
Yep, thats what is supposed to be coming! The standard baseplate (shown in picture) is 19 x19. The large baseplate is
19x31. That sounds much safer to me!!

Kirsten
01-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Jen,
Yep, thats what is supposed to be coming! The standard baseplate (shown in picture) is 19 x19. The large baseplate is
19x31. That sounds much safer to me!!

Ah, that's good to know, because in the picture, it's looking very small. And if 19x31 is still too small, you could fix it on a bigger platform, if necessary. Apart from that, it looks like a very good and interesting cat tree! :) My girls would love to have such a thing! :)

Kirsten

Cheshirekatt
01-10-2004, 05:33 PM
I've had two similar kitty trees like that and I've been very happy. :)

The kitties just love them!

AmberLee
01-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Looks great! Let us know how the cats react once they see it! (Maybe some pictures? Cool!)

kimlovescats
01-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Oh that is gonna be awesome!!!! Can't wait to see pics of all your kitties enjoying it!!!:D

IttyBittyKitty
01-10-2004, 09:19 PM
Randi and Pixel are soooooooooo jealous!!!!!

cutie_chica
01-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Tony says, when can he set up an appointment to come over and play.. lol

Felicia's Mom
01-10-2004, 09:44 PM
I hope to see pictures of your cat tree.

jazzcat
01-10-2004, 11:51 PM
I looks great and the larger base does sound better. I had never seen one with that small of a base, it would concern me too.

I can't wait to see pics.

krazyaboutkatz
01-11-2004, 12:00 AM
It looks like it will be a hit with your furkids.:) I'm glad that you're getting one with a larger base beause it will be much sturdier. I can't wait to see some pictures of your furkids enjoying their new cat tree.:)

Julie Grove
01-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Well I think you have to be a bit nuts to put up with some the cattitude us lot have to put up with! But really I think you just love seeing your babies happy. A couple of weeks before Gigi died, I bought the girls a new post although not as grand as yours they liked it very much. Lucy spends much of her time on it now. It is placed near the door, and it didn't take her long to figure out that if she sits on the top of it she is eye level with me, so when I walk in or out of the door, it is just impossible for me to ignore her and she is straight in my face!! I call her Crafty Knickers! Their new toy looks fantastic I;m sure they will love it.

NoahsMommy
01-11-2004, 04:27 PM
oooooooooooooooooooh!!! That looks like a really, really fun one!! Can't wait to hear how much your fuzzies enjoy it! :)

Fox-Gal
01-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Thats a great cat tree, I know your babies will have all kinds of fun on it.

I've been wanting a large one for my babies for a long time now, just have to save up the money and talk my husband into it. I have a certain one in mind and he thinks I'm nuts. :D

Here's my dream one. ....one day my babies will be as lucky as yours.

Cataholic
01-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Do those kitties come WITH the tree? He he he...it looks fantastic.

catcrazylady
01-11-2004, 07:37 PM
I agree Foxgal that is one fantastic tree! I wanted that one too but just no way could the budget handle it. I hope you do get one someday!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

cutie_chica
01-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Tony is still waiting for a reply lol, what was the site you ordered that from?

Fox-Gal
01-11-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
I agree Foxgal that is one fantastic tree! I wanted that one too but just no way could the budget handle it. I hope you do get one someday!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

I know it about $600 and that is without the extar branches I want. Thats why my husband think I'm nut's, "thats a lot of money to spend and find out that the cats might not like it or use it" Maybe he is right. :(

But just think how cool it look in the corner of the living room. :D

catcrazylady
01-11-2004, 10:03 PM
That's exactly what I thought foxgal! If nothing else it sure would look cool in the house!! Instead of a silk tree you could have one made out of carpet!!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

cutie chica I ordered it from Pussicat furniture. The guy was really nice and when I emailed him with some questions he responded and told me the price of the tree was even lower than it showed on line. I should have it soon so we will know if it is worth it or not.

Bastet27
01-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Your furkids will love it!

Vio&Juni
01-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Do those kitties come WITH the tree? He he he...it looks fantastic.

My thoughts exactly :)!!!

RICHARD
01-14-2004, 02:13 PM
If the advertisment says, "Cats Not Included" I think you were shortchanged.

:confused:

catcrazylady
01-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Shortchanged??? You must be kidding!!!
They would have had to pay me if the kitties were included!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif