PDA

View Full Version : Samson got "spay-ded"

NoahsMommy
01-10-2004, 11:30 AM
hee hee! My new favorite word...spay-ded!!

(I can't tell you how many people call us at work to ask about spay-diding their animals....hee hee)

Anyway, Samson is a boy, but they had to do a pretty extensive surgery to find his missing testical. Aparently, it never dropped, so she had to go into his abdomen to get it out. :( My poor baby has stitches just like his sister Phoebe did.

I can tell he's really not feeling well. Poor baby. He got a strong pain medicine after the surgery and again on my way out the door. But I think its worn off and now he's a bit uncomfy. Poor itty bitty boy!!! :(

I wish I had some pictures to share of these two. Phoebe is still small and petite, while Samson is a growing boy. Our old digital camera broke, so it may be a while.

Anyway, please say some prayers/good thoughts for my little one.

Last night I was ill and had to take my vicodin. It was so sweet. I had Samson and Phoebe on my chest and Micah on my tummy. They seem to know when you aren't feeling good. Sweeties!!

cutie_chica
01-10-2004, 11:41 AM
Kitty Kisses and Hugs from My kittys to yours:) I pray for you kitty to heal up fast!! :D

RedHedd
01-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Aww - poor Samson. When I saw the thread heading I thought, wait a minute, Noah's mommie knows that it's spaying and wait another minute ... Samson is a BOY! :D

Didn't they give you some pain meds to take with you to keep Samson comfortable at home? That way both you and Samson could be on pain meds together :) although having a kitty bunch all providing nursing care at the same time is a very good thing. Hope you and Samson are feeling better soon!

Steffi N
01-10-2004, 11:49 AM
I am sorry Samson is not feeling well after his surgery. I hope you can get some extra pain meds for him. I'm sorry you feel bad too--- you seem to be getting excellent nursing care. :)
Hope you both are better soon.

jazzcat
01-10-2004, 12:12 PM
Poor little Samson, I hope he is feeling well soon.

I would love to see pics of them so I hope your camera is also better soon.:D

Cataholic
01-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Good wishes, speedy recovery, and lots of snuggles to Sampson AND Kelly!

Uabassoon
01-11-2004, 02:26 AM
I hope the both of you feel better soon.

Julie Grove
01-11-2004, 10:02 AM
Best wishes and lots of cuddles for the little baby boy.

NoahsMommy
01-11-2004, 04:25 PM
He's been licking his incision and its all red. :( He's on Clavimox to prevent infection, but I think I'll ask for some pain meds for him tomorrow. He doesn't seem himself yet. :( Poor thing!

RICHARD
01-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
He doesn't seem himself yet. :( Poor thing!

Ahem..

Should I have someone root around inside of my groin looking
for 'bits' that defy gravity, I would be a little off my game...

Samson,

There is nothing I can say to you about your bits......But DON'T let them cut your HAIR!

Feel better, dude.

;)

krazyaboutkatz
01-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Kelly, I sure hope that both you and Samson feel better soon. Since he keeps licking his incision, do you think he'll have to wear a cone?

kimlovescats
01-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Oh, poor Samson .... I do hope he is feeling better soon, and sweet Phoebe too! Major surgery is never fun, but kitties are remarkable healers!!;)

catnapper
01-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Poor little spay-ded-ded boy! I know Pouncer was feeling quite icky, I can only imagine how Samson is feeling after the extra digging!

I also hope that you are feeling better! At the least you have a good med to help you feel no pain:) My dentist gave me that for my absessed tooth last year and I was in la la land.

catcrazylady
01-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Get well soon Samson! I hope you are better already since I'm so late reading this post!! Poor baby! I have two little guys here that are sympathizing with you! They are going in next week. Meowmie is sick about it but it's gotta be done.
Hope everyone is better now!!:) :) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

NoahsMommy
01-11-2004, 10:29 PM
He's doing OK. I know that Clavimox will be needed. His suture site is pretty red. :( I have a cone, but the kittens are still little and they trip on the soft one, and FREAK out with the hard one. Phoebe almost hung herself and then almost broke her neck falling off the bed with hers. :(

I'm going to talk to the vet tomorrow at work. I wanted them to wrap his torso, but she said it would interfer with his litterbox time.

Richard....I hate to tell you this...they shaved him pretty good too!! Poor thing...no dignity at all!!

shais_mom
01-11-2004, 11:32 PM
I hope you and Sampson feel better asap!!!Give him a scritch from me!

RICHARD
01-11-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

Richard....I hate to tell you this...they shaved him pretty good too!! Poor thing...no dignity at all!!

That's it.......

Samson,

Next time they bring the carrier out......RUN LIKE THE WIND....;)

CatDad
01-11-2004, 11:46 PM
I hope that Samson feels better soon, and that his suture look better.

Poor little guy. Give him some love for me.

sirrahved
01-12-2004, 10:32 AM
Poor guy. *gives a virtual snuggle* Hope you feel better REALLY soon!

Luckily, both of my babies were.... taken care of before we got them.