PDA

View Full Version : Due to Health Issues

catmandu
01-10-2004, 09:03 AM
and the , sadly possibleremoval of toesI might not be able to get internet access , as Canadain Hospitals do not have Chat rooms , at all. My Cats will have the Animal Welfare to keep them fed , and to hange thier litter boxes , but somehow it wont be the same , somehow.I am on night passes now , but if the toes go , I will have to stay. Please pray for me , the Cats and the Left foot Little Piggies!

slick
01-10-2004, 09:06 AM
Ouch, Gary that sounds painful. What's happened and how come you need to have some toes removed???

bisi.cat
Oh Gary, I hope everything will be fine with you and the cats!!!

Prayers are on the way!!!

Killearn Kitties
Lots of prayers coming your way, Gary. Please take care of yourself. We will all be thinking of you.

catmandu
01-10-2004, 09:22 AM
The sad fact is that I scalded my foot , and being a diabetic , it did not heal. Then I tried to tough it out , not knowing how serious it was. By the time that I went to emergency , it was too late. But I had gone to my regular clinic , and had traib\ne Visiting nurses , and they didnt see yat the abck of the toes have gone septic. But a Wound nurse saw it , and now the Cats might get a sitter. I will bve on night passes , by I will have to stay , maybe 2 weeks , when he operation happens , and will iss talking to all of you. I will keep Jen posted , and give her updates. Thank You , for being my friends! Gary aka Catmanmdu!

slick
01-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Oh Gary that's so awful. Max, Speckles and I send lots of prayers your way and hope that you have a speedy recovery. We'll miss you. :( :(

K & L
01-10-2004, 09:43 AM
How horrible. I wish you the best and a speedy recovery. Will be watching for updates on how you're doing. GOOD LUCK!

Edwina's Secretary
01-10-2004, 09:46 AM
Gary,

I am so sorry! You know with diabetes you should be so careful of your feet!

I will be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Edwina will miss her JJJ3 while you are gone!

Sara

Randi
01-10-2004, 09:50 AM
Gary, I'm so very sorry to hear you have to have some toes removed. :( :( I know you will miss your kitties, but I'm sure they'll be in good hands while you're in hospital and will get updates on them.

Fister and I wish you a speedy recovery and will be thinking of you. All fingers and paws will be crossed for you!! :)

We will all miss you, so get well and come back soon!!

Hugs and purrs,
Randi & Fister

ChrisH
01-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Gary, I am sorry to hear that. :( Wishing you a speedy recovery and return home.

You and your kitties will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love & Hugs
Chris

Karen
01-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Gary, you will be in all of our prayers until we hear from you again. My brother-in-law was recently diagnosed as diabetic, too. You take care of yourself, okay? Gonna ask for big prayers for you, and hope things can turn out as good as possible. Keep in touch as best you can, we and the kitties love you!

Corinna
01-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Gary, as a diabetic I understand. Prayers going out to you times 2 Hubby knows what I could face. My mom had a big toe removed took some time to regain blance. Take care of your self so you can get home to the kids. If you can and need to chat Here is my home e-mail
[email protected]

PayItForward
01-10-2004, 10:12 AM
Gary, we'll miss you :(

Get well soon, sending {{{hugs}} your way.

I hope the Animal Welfare realise what wonderful cats they are looking after.

jazzcat
01-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Oh Gary I'm so sorry.

Lots of prayers coming your way. Please take care of yourself!

Steffi N
01-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Gary, I am very sorry to hear about your toes. I hope they can stay. but if not I hope you recover as quickly as possible and get home to your furbabies. Please do keep Jen posted and let her post news from you. Best wishes.

NoahsMommy
01-10-2004, 11:19 AM
You poor thing!! :( I'll be praying for a speedy recovery and a quick reunion of you and the furkids.

Please take care. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. :(

Cataholic
01-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Gary,
All of us here in Cincinnati are praying for a speedy resolution, good care for the kitties, and will be anxiously awaiting your return!

trayi52
01-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Gary take care of yourself, your kitties will be fine. From now on you keep a watch on your feet, and don't overlook your health.

We will be looking forward to hearing reports from Jen on how you are doing.

Take care and get back to us as soon as possible.

Willie

rg_girlca
01-10-2004, 02:39 PM
Oh Gary, I am so, so sorry to hear this. When you are a diabetic, that is the one thing you have to watch carefully for, is any sores on your feet or legs. They have to be taken care of right away.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your kitties.

Take care of yourself Gary and have a full and speedy recovery.

Will keep watch for Jen's updates on you.

kimlovescats
01-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Oh Gary, so sorry to hear about your toes .... I sure hope they can save them. But if not, I pray that you will heal quickly and be able to return home to your babies! I was diagnosed with diabetes myself just 4 months ago.... I'm just now starting to get used to my counsellor making me pull my socks off every darn visit! ;)

HUGS!!!

Cheshirekatt
01-10-2004, 03:27 PM
Elvis is sending you many head bumpies to make you feel better.

:)

AmberLee
01-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Here are a few more prayers, purrs, and headbumpies coming your way from California! {{{purrs, hugs, headbumpies}}}

}o{ <-- prayers

Cinder & Smoke
01-10-2004, 05:55 PM
Hi, God ~

Sorry we dint know bout dis problem...
Woudda tipped You off sooner.

Please God, watch over Gary iffin he has to go inna hoppsbittle.
Help da White Coats; an try to get him out an back home quick, please.

An also - Watch over his KittyKids whilst he's away...
Keep em Safe & Happie while they're waitin for Gary.

Thanks, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

amoore
01-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Gary, I'm sorry about you having troubles like that! You are such a nice man. I hate that you have to ever feel pain. Sunny,Loverboy, tiny , Jojo says to take care of your self, and you know I will miss all your post!

Hope you will be back soon feeling better! You are very special to every one here. Please, Email me if you get a chance. Our fingers,toes and paws are crossed for you to be well soon!

Your friend Ann

Tonya
01-10-2004, 08:34 PM
Best wishes, Gary. We'll miss you. My grandfather went through a similar thing. A cow stepped on his foot, and being that he had diabetes it wound up being quite a struggle to get his foot well.

shais_mom
01-10-2004, 08:35 PM
wow!!! poor you!!!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

cutie_chica
01-10-2004, 08:40 PM
Sorry to hear about your toes, I wish you lots of luck, and you are in my prayers, kitty kisses and human hugs all going your way!!!! You get better, your kitties need you, and we wll miss you while you are gone!!((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Miss Meow
01-10-2004, 10:35 PM
Gary, I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems! :(

Good luck and all the best for your hospital visit. You have provided so much care and love to the people and animals around you, and now it's your turn for the same. Big hugs from all of us.

krazyaboutkatz
01-11-2004, 12:16 AM
Gary, I'm so sorry to hear about your toes.:( I sure hope that everything goes well at the hospital. Prayers and postive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care of yourself. {{{HUGS}}}

IttyBittyKitty
01-11-2004, 12:24 AM
I hope everything goes well at the big hospital with the white coats! Lost cats, you all be good for your Daddy while he goes away, won't you?

Julie Grove
01-11-2004, 09:21 AM
Hi Gary. Lucy and I send a kiss to each one of your lovely toes and lots of warm fluffy hugs to keep you safe and well while you are in hospital.

We know you don't want to lose your toes but honestly, one toe or ten toes - makes no difference to us! Please look after yourself.

gini
01-11-2004, 10:27 AM
Gary, it is with much sorrow that I read about your condition and the possible surgery.

You can be sure that you have my prayers that all will go well and you will soon be home with your kitties again.

CatDad
01-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Gary I am so sorry to hear about the problems, and you are having. I am however glad that you are now getting treatment for it. I know that this can be serious.

I am glad that if you do have to stay that your kitties will be cared for, but I understand that it is just not the same as you doing it.

Prayers to you for a quick and speedy recovery. Hugs to all of the furkids, as I am sure that they will miss you if it does come to surgery.

Keep us updated when you can. You will also be missed as you always have such great things to say.

lizbud
01-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Good Luck Gary & I hope your time away is short. Will say
prayers for a quick recovery. I know your kitties will miss you
too, so hurry & get well soon.:)

jenluckenbach
01-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Gary may not see this thread for at least a month. He will not have internet access. If you'd like to send him a get well wish, PM me as I am compiling your thoughts and will send them snail mail. I will split them up into several mailings so he does not have to wait for those that respond early and those that respond late will know that there's will still be sent.

Nomilynn
01-11-2004, 09:36 PM
EEK!! I too understand the need to care for diabetic feet, being a diabetic (Type 1) myself. Get well soon!

jenluckenbach
01-12-2004, 07:07 AM
I am printing out the first set of PM's that I have received PLUS all the responses to this thread and will be mailing it this morning. But keep the PM's coming as I want to send MORE. You can even mail updates on things that you would post here on Pet talk that Gary will miss while he is off line.
I printed the long list with each person's comments in a different color so they are easily distinguished from one another. I think I have over 30 responses to send.

Randi
01-12-2004, 08:16 AM
Thanks Jen! I'm sending you some more now. :)

If any of you want to send separate cards to Gary, PM Jen and get her address, and she will forward them to Gary. You can also PM me and get it. :)

ramanth
01-12-2004, 09:34 AM
Lots of thoughts and healing vibes sent your way. *hugs*